I'm bulking br0

trainlikeafreak

I thought I'd start a journal logging my training and food since I'm not competing this year due to injury.

I have a shoulder issue and I'm choosing to rest it and let it heal. My current split is

M-off

T-back calves

W-arms

T-off

F-back calves

S-arms

S-legs

My current weight is 120kg and I'm not sure what my body fat % is and I also don't really care. I'm just trying to grow what I can for the time being untill training is back to normal. Today was legs and I trained with my uncle who is doing his first show In October.

Squats- worked up to a top set of 180k x8

Leg press- up 2 plates at a time for 20 reps. Last set was 12ppsx20 ds 9ppsx15 ds 7ppsx10

Leg extensions x3 sets, Romanians x4 sets and lying leg curls x3 sets

I trained in the morning and have felt beat all day so we definitely did something right. My food on Sunday is always quite all over the place because we have a family dinner and I like to save my appetite for it but it went something like this..

1-4x toast 3x eggs 1 tbl spoon pb, 1 sch whey mixed in milk

2- Post workout- 2 scoops whey 2x banana

3- 250gms steak 300gms kumara pan fried in coconut oil, veg

4- 2 scoops whey 1 cup oats 1x banana and a handful of blueberries

5- a very large roast dinner with a tonne of meat I made sure I had 2 meals worth

I had a magnum and some home made biscuits after dinner and will have a bowl of porridge and a shake before bed with some peanut butter

Pretty simple and not very calculated at the moment but I'm growing and that's the current focus. Here are also a few photos from the past week. I haven't really trained my chest or delts for a good 2 months so I am pleased my delts are somewhat keeping their roundness :)

post-6311-0-87176800-1437904432_thumb.jp

post-6311-0-92560600-1437904484_thumb.jp

Yeah bro. Effects my chest training more than my delt training but hopefully im able to start training properly again soon.

No training today just working and plenty of eating.

1) 4x vogels, 3x eggs, 1 Scp whey w light blue milk

2) 250gms sirloin steak, 3x small potatos pan fried in coconut oil, large salad

3) 1 cup oats 2 scps whey, 100ml milk, 2x small home made afghans

4) 250gms steak 2x medium red kumaras, veggies

5) 250gms steak, 3x large Mckenzie bread w steak sauce. 2x home made choc buscuits and a few Lindt mint chocolates :)

6) 1 cup oats and 1.5scp whey with milk and PB before bed

Hey bro, I weighed in at 97.5k the day before the show.

Trained back today

4 sets of straight arm pull downs 15 reps

90 degree barbell row 40x 15 60x 12 80x 10 100x8 ds 80ds 60

Straight bar rows on the lat pull down 4 sets 12 reps

Deadlifts down just below the knee (Dorian style).. This was my first time trying these and they were a lot harder than standard deads. Worked up 1 plate at a time to 4pps for 6. Was hard but had more in me just wanted to get a feel for the movement. Last time I deadlifted I did 5pl for 4 or 5 so there is a substantial difference in stength. I'm not sure which one is more beneficial I think both have their place for different reasons

Food has been the same.. Eggs whey steak for my protein and bread potatos kumara and fruit for my carbs.

Trained arms today. Nothing fancy.. 4 movements for triceps and 3 for biceps.

Straight bar push downs, rope push downs, rev grip push downs and overhead db extension for triceps and bb curl and hammer curls for biceps. Finishing with reverse grip bb curls.

Reps between 12-15 for the most part.. Going as high as 25 for some of the overhead extensions and as low as 8 for the BB curls. Great pump and did what I needed to do.

121k so my weight is increasing without really forcing the issue. Eating plenty but not force feeding like I was last time I was at this weight.

Food today was very similar. Nothing crazy.

1) 3 eggs, 4 vogels w pb, 1 Scp whey w skim milk

2) 2 scps whey 1 cup oats, 1x Orange

3) 250gms sirloin steak, 3x small potatos pan fried w olive oil, salad

4) 250 gms steak, 4x vogels, salad, 1x kiwi fruit (pre workout)

5) 10x egg whites, 3x whole eggs, 3x small potatos, salad

6) will be oats/whey/pb

Post workout) usual 2 scps whey and 2x bananas

Hit legs today with a focus on quads and glutes. After years of having lagging hamstrings and really focussig on them.. I found the best way for me to make them grow is to apply less emphasis on them and more on HEAVY (for me), full ROM quad work.

Squats

Worked up to..

180k x8

100k x20

Bulgarian split squats

12.5x 10 per leg

20kx 10per leg

30kx 10 per leg

40k x10 per leg

Leg extensions

2 sets of 20 reps, moderate weight with a huge squeeze

Leg curls

3x 15-25 last set was a heavy drop set including partials top half and bottom half. 10 full reps then dropped the weight and did 10 top half/10 bottom half

Leg press with toes out and a wide stance for a hamstring focus. Going all the way down and coming half way up to keep the focus and tension on the hammies.

2ppsx30

5 ppsx 25

7pps x 20

I was honestly shot after the Bulgarians.. Kept the weights a bit lower today as my knee felt a bit funny while I was squatting and my hip flexors are tight as hell. Trained with my uncle again who is prepping for his first show in 9 weeks. Was a good workout and I am feeling it now.

So far today I've had..

1) 5x eggs 4x toast w PB

2) pre workout.. 1.5 scps whey mixed in milk and a 250ml red bull. Tthis was about an hour and half after Bfast as I woke up late and wasn't really hungry but had to eat something:

3) post workout 2 scoops of whey and 2x bananas

4) currently cooking 250g steak and 3x potatos which I'll cook in coconut oil. The rest of the day will be the usual.

Bro 180x8 is good money on squats. I have seen your squats too and they aren't high. Your feeds always cracks me up... I think you have a big worm living inside of you.

Thanks bro.. When I learnt to squat years ago I was taught by MB and then trained around guys like Andrew B, Jono radich etc so Iearnt how to do the basic movements properly early and I'm very greatful for that because I see guys my age and older (mainly on IG and fb) doing squats/deadlifts etc and it's not a pretty sight. My squats have plateud for a good month so im gonna try to heavier next week and see how I go then when I go back to 180 hopefully I can work up to 12 reps. I've never been the strongest guy but I am def getting a lot stronger which is cool.

Re food lol yeah I eat a bit. I'm not force feeding at the moment which is nice because last time I was this weight I hated the site of food.

1) 4x vogels w natural PB, 5 whole eggs

2) 2 scoops whey 1 cup oats, frozen blueberries, 2 home made Anzac buscuits

3) 150g steak , 2 rissoles, 1x kumara, 1x potato both cooked in coconut oil, half cucumber

4) 150g steak, 2 rissoles, 1x medium kumara, half cucumber

5) 250g steak, 2x Anzacs, 600ml maple syrup and walnut ice cream. Might have more.

Will have a shake with milk and PB before bed.

Back session today it was cut short due to outside interference.

Bb rows

60k x12

80k x12

100k x8-10 (2 sets)

80k x10

Really focussed on a full ROM and gliding the weight up with my elbows. Was pretty much rowing from a 90 degree angle.

T bar rows

Again, rowing from a 90 degree angle and squeezing hard. Loaded the bar with 10k plates for a greater ROM

2 pl x10

4 pl x10

6 pl x10 (2 sets)

Straight bar rows on lat pull down facing away leaning back on knee pad. Squeezing as hard as poss probably my fave back exercise atm after deadlifts

4 sets 12-15 reps

Started warming up on partial deads before I had to stop. Again no rack but doing them Dorian style, controlling the negative and squeezing back up as the bar meets the mid point of my shins.

1pps x10

2pps x 8

3 pps x 6

Was gonna go upto 4pps then 5pps and go from there.

Ok trained chest for the first time in months. Well first time in 3-4 weeks but prior to that hadn't been training it properly for probably 6 weeks.

Worked up to 3 sets of 50k on the bench for 15 which was easy obviously lol and no pain which was what I was hoping for. I will periodise this 10kg at a time until I get back to where I was which was 140k for 5-6 reps. Fingers crossed it stays positive.

Then 3 sets of cable cross overs.

What I noticed was my delt got tired very fast. King of expected I guess??

Then did tricep push downs, rope push downs, db curl, hammer curl one arm at a time in lots of 5, v bar push downs and standing calf raises.

Followed by 20 mins on the cross trainer. Happy days and feeling positive :)

In the process of booking flights to the UK for next month.. Wonder if my funds will still allow me to buy tickets to realtalks raffle... Worrying that he won't want to be my friend anymore :(

post-6311-0-16207900-1438763721_thumb.jp

Shoulders are still massive, bro. :nod:

thank you bro. Tbh I am surprised considering I haven't trained them in so long. When I first started out they were quite a big weakness. Harry B will remember lol.

My chest is soo sore from wed lol I missed this feeling. Trained back today and had an early start with work so I was forcing myself to get in the gym but once I was there got it done.

Rope pull downs to warm up. 3-4 sets of 15

Barbell rows. 60k, 80k, 110k, 80k. 8-15 reps. Really focussing on dragging with the elbows and contracting my upper back (my weakness)

Lat pull downs. 3-4 sets 10-12 reps

One arm row using the smith machine. 3 sets 10 reps.

Standing straight bar upper back row on cables. 3 sets 15 reps

25 mins on the bike.

And that was that. Good workout and good pump. Arms tomorrow, legs sunday.

I trained arms after work today. Was going to take the day off but my mate asked me to train so just went in and got it done.

Started with triceps and did 4 sets of reverse grip push downs super setted with overhand grip push downs on the cables. 10 reps for each exercise

Moved to rope push downs super setted with overhead rope extension on cables with the pulley set up high above me and I brace myself on the pulley station leaning forwards. Again 10 reps per exercise and 4 sets total.

Was pretty pumped at this point.

Overhead DB extension. 3 sets 15-20 reps. Have only been using 30k on these just because of my shoulder.

Db skull crushers. 2 sets of 10-12 using 10k dbs. First time doing these in so long. They usually irritate my delt but they didn't today which Is a positive sign. I'll keep these light for the time being.

Db hammer curls

I did 5 sets of these pyramiding the weight from 12.5-20k. 15 reps per set doing 5 reps on my left, 5 on right, 5 left, etc until getting to 15 reps per side

DB curls

I did these in the same way as I did my hammers. Just 2 sets using 10k

I finished off with 4 sets of standing DB shoulder press to test my shoulder. 12.5 and 15k dbs used for sets of 15-20. Was obviously very easy but the main thing was I could put some blood into my delt and it was pain free. It's amazing how greatful you can get about being able to train a body part when you haven't been able to for so long lol.

Legs tomorrow can't wait.

post-6311-0-42123100-1439006622_thumb.jp