1000lb total within a year

I did a bit of research into Jason Blaha after reading that other thread about his views on the IPF

He has stated that any male lifter, regardless of bodyweight, should be able to total 1000lb with a year of solid training and nutrition up their sleeves with no drugs required (obviously not including anyone extremely small say under 65kg or with a medical/physical ailment)

1000lb is 453.6kg so for the sake of ease lets say 455kg.

A year of solid training (powerlifting programmes only) and solid nutrition (with the goal of hitting as high of a powerlifting total as possible) I would personally think you should be able to hit

160kg squat

100kg bench

180kg deadlift

440kg total so not quite 1000lb but not far off it.

He has been roasted for saying this but I don't think he's too far off.

Thoughts?

i think any male that trains for strength can get that within a year.

most would get the bench and deadlift before the squat though

i see plenty of people in the gym deadlift 180, bench 100+ but then they squat something like 90x10 for a few sets, at most grind out 120 or so. i havent seen any onesquat 3 plates or more in a long time, my gym must be particulary week though

I would agree. My first total was 380kg after 6 months of training at 66kg bodyweight. After 11 months I hit 460kg with 180 squat 90 bench and 190 dead bodyweight 69kg. So obviously not that hard considering I could do it at such a light bodyweight

The people roasting him would be the jiggaboos who don't know how to eat, programme hop every two weeks, don't train legs etc we all know the type.

I think he is right on the money with that call.

A solid stint at 5x5 for six months or so, followed by 5/3/1 once the weights become to taxing for the frequency of 5x5 would easily have any male totalling over 1,000lbs provided they didn't eat like a bird

Yeah fastest way to do it would be 5x5 till it stops working then something like 5/3/1 or sheiko or something. Doesnt matter what imo just something thought out and structured.

I reckon personally up to 1000lb wasnt soo hard but every 10kg after 500 or so is 2x as hard as the 10kg before it lol