Jason Blaha vs IPF

maccaz

umm i think due to the fact theres heaps more lifters here,PA doesnt have to help out a competing organisation.Its not in their best interests.Bear in mind i live about 3 hrs away from Melbs,and the closest PA powerlifters lives 80 kms away,so if a GPC lifter lived in this area and contacted me,id probably go have a train if it suited me.

umm i think due to the fact theres heaps more lifters here,PA doesnt have to help out a competing organisation.Its not in their best interests.Bear in mind i live about 3 hrs away from Melbs,and the closest PA powerlifters lives 80 kms away,so if a GPC lifter lived in this area and contacted me,id probably go have a train if it suited me.

You down towards Sale?

It's good that the PL scene in NZ has settled down now. As Reddog says shit got very personal and nasty when CAPO first came to NZ. From the outside looking in it seems that the NZ scene has found some sort of balance.

Guy in the op vid seems like a top notch phaggott.

why was there a need to start another fed?

its a reasonable question.i suppose "why not" is as well.Im not going to pretend i know more than what i do as im out of the loop,but im guessing that theres not a lot of powerlifters in nz so breaking away and dividing the talent up would be a good reason not to.

its a reasonable question.i suppose "why not" is as well.Im not going to pretend i know more than what i do as im out of the loop,but im guessing that theres not a lot of powerlifters in nz so breaking away and dividing the talent up would be a good reason not to.

Actually most of the lifters who lift for GPC or UPANZ (the two other Feds in NZ) weren't nzpf (PA) members before they began lifting with GPC or UPANZ. So really it's not a case of breaking away or division at all. Myself for example.

Why should people only have one option? Which is the same as having no options. By lifters having choice it encourages federations to make their competitions better as they are essentially competing for members and lifters. This is only a good thing in my opinion.

More federations = more competitions. A bigger comp calendar. Again only a good thing. By having more comps on it exposes more people to powerlifting.

Powerlifting is bigger in NZ now that we have 3 Feds compared to when there was 1. There is no argument really.

well i identify with that to a degree as i never joined nzpf due to the comps being few and far between in the area i lived in and at the wrong time of the year for me anyway.plus i was crap and needed to find an easier way to make money so i could train to get a sort of "competitive" standard.

I see looking at the calendar now,theres definately more comps and thats probably due to opposing feds starting up.So what you are saying about a monopoly rings true.

Lol the drug elephant :) crack up. Yeah that about sums up why another federation was needed. Not saying there's no nattys in the non tested feds because of course there is or that there's no drug users in nzpf cos well yeah....

Nzfbb used to be drug tested. Nabba didn't. Was nzfbb any more clean than Nabba? No.

There has been a natural bbing comp held in Taupo every year for longer than I have been lifting weights. It used to be the ONE natural show a year in NZ... And you still got drug users showing up to that to compete.

Please tell me how powerlifting is any different?

That's an example of just because there is drug testing doesn't mean it is clean. Anyway GPC and upanz doesn't drug test. No big deal. If you want to be tested go to nzpf if you don't then go to GPC/upanz.

There is a one novice comp rule in nzpf too. You can do one novice comp then you sign up and become a member buy all the gear to compete and sign up to the drug testing. You have to do this if you want to compete again in a years time. It's not one novice comp annually it's one for eternity. So GPC is getting lots of novice lifters coming who want to do one comp a year. My girlfriend does this, she wants to test her strength she gains in Crossfit in a powerlifting comp cause it's a legit and consistent means of testing. Signing up and buying all the stuff with nzpf because her knee sleeves she uses in Crossfit aren't approved in nzpf is just too exoensive so she can just enter as many times as a novice as she likes.

Not everyone is a drug user.

Nzfbb used to be drug tested. Nabba didn't. Was nzfbb any more clean than Nabba? No.

There has been a natural bbing comp held in Taupo every year for longer than I have been lifting weights. It used to be the ONE natural show a year in NZ... And you still got drug users showing up to that to compete.

Please tell me how powerlifting is any different?

That's an example of just because there is drug testing doesn't mean it is clean. Anyway GPC and upanz doesn't drug test. No big deal. If you want to be tested go to nzpf if you don't then go to GPC/upanz.

There is a one novice comp rule in nzpf too. You can do one novice comp then you sign up and become a member buy all the gear to compete and sign up to the drug testing. You have to do this if you want to compete again in a years time. It's not one novice comp annually it's one for eternity. So GPC is getting lots of novice lifters coming who want to do one comp a year. My girlfriend does this, she wants to test her strength she gains in Crossfit in a powerlifting comp cause it's a legit and consistent means of testing. Signing up and buying all the stuff with nzpf because her knee sleeves she uses in Crossfit aren't approved in nzpf is just too exoensive so she can just enter as many times as a novice as she likes.

Not everyone is a drug user.

well thats pretty admirable that someone who is clean would want to take on beasts like yourself.I wouldnt bother and look for a more even playing field.

Im not accusing anyone of anything to do with drugs bro,i smoked weed on and off in nz,im pretty sure thats on the banned list.im not getting on my soap box here at all.however there is the disquieting aspect of the underworld element in your fed.Is that true or not?

Lol the drug elephant :) crack up. Yeah that about sums up why another federation was needed. Not saying there's no nattys in the non tested feds because of course there is or that there's no drug users in nzpf cos well yeah....

well its a good reason to break away Harry.Whether its wrong or right,thats not up to me to judge.I enjoy watching huge weights being lifted.Would i try and compete against that.no.

Underworld? The GPC NZ is a legitimate not for profit organisation. The books are open for all members, anytime on request.

I'm sure there are members in the GPC who have on occasion walked across the road when the light was red. I'm sure this is also the case in PA. The federation itself though is 100% legitimate and underworld... No, just no.

People need to clean their own closets before they come and clean somebody else's. I think your starting to talk out of your arse mate.

Underworld? The GPC NZ is a legitimate not for profit organisation. The books are open for all members, anytime on request.

I'm sure there are members in the GPC who have on occasion walked across the road when the light was red. I'm sure this is also the case in PA. The federation itself though is 100% legitimate and underworld... No, just no.

People need to clean their own closets before they come and clean somebody else's. I think your starting to talk out of your arse mate.

im not..theres a connection between members of your organisation and bikies over here tom.im not gonna bother going further but please refrain from calling me a liar.im telling the truth here.

Not interested and don't care. GPC NZ is full of good people. GPC Aus isn't the organisation I'm involved in or lift for. I am a member of GPC NZ and I lift in GPC NZ events.

If there are bikies involved in GPC Aus then that's nothing to do with what we do in NZ. I don't care.

im not..theres a connection between members of your organisation and bikies over here tom.im not gonna bother going further but please refrain from calling me a liar.im telling the truth here.

nz and australia are very different mate. 

nz and australia are very different mate. 

ive discovered that.theres pros and cons to living here.ive enjoyed competing in PA and have nothing bad to say about that particular aspect of my life,but i sometimes wonder if where i live is where bad people get sent to.lol.