Jason Blaha vs IPF

maccaz

saw this video last night, found it interesting, i didn't know any of this, but dunno if he is just talking shit. discuss

for the record i dont know anything about any of the different feds and dont care tbh but its interesting that this guy is so worked up about it lol

I didnt even know there was all these different feds until this year. Just wondering if they spend so much on drug testing how are these guys beating the tests? I can understand that they want to get powerlifting into the olympics but steroid use has been rampant through every sport in the olympics. Personally i dont give 2 hoots who uses the stuff and who doesnt. Why not just have one big open fed? 

I didnt even know there was all these different feds until this year. Just wondering if they spend so much on drug testing how are these guys beating the tests? I can understand that they want to get powerlifting into the olympics but steroid use has been rampant through every sport in the olympics. Personally i dont give 2 hoots who uses the stuff and who doesnt. Why not just have one big open fed? 

yeah dunno much about it.

iv noticed over here in aus the different feds draw different type of crowd, theres a 100s of page long thread on an aus forum debating the different feds, right down to the type of music they play at meets lol

He's talking shit... Never heard of this guy? If he has a big total or no total it doesn't matter, the guys the fucking tool.

People get hurt on mono lifts all the time.

Watching this hurt my brain.

yeah on further reading, guys a fuckwit, went to internet war with layne norton last year, got sued for talking shit, lost in court, owes layne norton 15k or something lol

1. disagree --- safe:  All powerlifting has risk - Sqauting in a mono wont change that.
  2. agree --- fragmented drug testing doesnt make a sprot clean and the cost comes at the expense of growth in other potential areas like athlete development and infrestructure.
  3. fact: I they were to double the drug testing budget it still wouldn't be enough to make the sport clean in the IPF.  Olympic qualification is not nessesary.
  4. agree: rules that require you to use specific brands as oposed to just specifying any brand wrap or sleeve built to the right specification doesnt help the sport grow (for the IPF).
  5. Fact - if you want to compete internationally you have to stay away from your mates n other friends as by association the IPF doesn't condone interaction.

But ... I have no problem with any of this.  Power lifting will only ever be a demonstration sport at the Olympics at best (Like bodybuilding).  The IPF will break its back trying to make it work but smaller countries with tighter budgets will be significantly dissadvantaged by the cost of testing and having to strictly use only brands that need to be imported through a 3rd party. 

The IPf is a great federation of athletes - their rules may be strict but IMO when you get 3 whites on an IPF international platform (or here in NZ) - you earn it. They set the standard very early which is great - gets a bit tiresome when they make claims about other fed comps never being up to the mark - just because you build a car doesnt mean it will always be the fastest - however, we are yet to see consistency here in NZ as the new feds are still developing.  Wont be long though - more good calls being made than not at both UPA and GPC as a result of experience.

This guy on the vid has too much time on his hands .. and anyone with a brand called Juggernaut "Fitness" isnt a powerlifters crotch.  It's like calling us strong crossfitters lmao. 

I thought it was interesting and will start seeing what this guy has to say.I have no idea who he is or his credentials and obviously hate is probably too strong a term for him to use.thats ridiculous however it doesnt invalidate his other points.

He makes a valid point as in regards to safety,not only for the lifter but for the spotters as well.I have seen not only on youtube but live as well,weights being dropped by lifters for whatever reason.it happens but i wouldnt like to be a spotter trying to catch something that the other spotters dont react to.

My own personal opinion is that hes gutsy coming forward and pointing out drug use in the IPF.

There is drug use in all tested sports.... Why would any body think the IPF or even the nzpf is any different? Look at Olympic weightlifting.

It's not gutsy, its ranting on YouTube and stating the obvious

People can easily just go off the drug testing program (have a break), get juiced as then sign back up. Pass a test but you're not natural.

Fact - if you want to compete internationally you have to stay away from your mates n other friends as by association the IPF doesn't condone interaction.

That seems a bit rough if it's true? I can understand not allowing your competitors to compete in another fed (don't completely agree with it, but I understand it) - but how can you stop them from having friends who do? What would be the rationale for that?

There is drug use in all tested sports.... Why would any body think the IPF or even the nzpf is any different? Look at Olympic weightlifting.

It's not gutsy, its ranting on YouTube and stating the obvious

People can easily just go off the drug testing program (have a break), get juiced as then sign back up. Pass a test but you're not natural.

i dont know of anyone currently competing in the IPF who is juicing.I read about this quite often but no names are ever mentioned.I must be missing these obvious cheats.Its obviously a big secret.

That seems a bit rough if it's true? I can understand not allowing your competitors to compete in another fed (don't completely agree with it, but I understand it) - but how can you stop them from having friends who do? What would be the rationale for that?

i can understand where theyre coming from in extreme cases like lets just say hypothetically some high profile ipf "tested" lifter was good friends with lets say for instance that faggot andy trenbolone priestley or whatever the f*ck he calls himself on fb, now that ipf lifter apart from being a dumb c*nt automatically by association, is associated with someone who is proud and brags about drug use, just not a good look imo..

bit hard to enforce in general though especailly somewhere like nz where everyone knows everyone

Gotcha. So it's more a "catchall" type of rule that can be rolled out when necessary, but in practice is never implemented? And unfortunately is more fodder for the likes of Jason Blaha. OK, that makes more sense.

i dont know of anyone currently competing in the IPF who is juicing.

Well, that goes without saying! By the time it's known someone is juicing, they've already been kicked out. I don't know of anyone competing in the Tour de France who is juicing either. :D

mate,im guessing you havent been to any meets recently whereas i have and im getting rdy to do another 1,and im pretty sure that what i see lifted is well within the realms of natural lifting.

I can only speak for myself though.

Im prefer to believe that if someone is better than me in the IPF its due to a number of reasons,chemical enhancement isnt one of them.

only a few meets bro,however ive met a few elite lifters..i dont reckon they juice.some people are just good at it.

Definitely. The Bret Gibbs etc are just natural born lifters. But there would be still the odd few In the top levels of different countries.

mate,im guessing you havent been to any meets recently whereas i have and im getting rdy to do another 1,and im pretty sure that what i see lifted is well within the realms of natural lifting.

I can only speak for myself though.

Im prefer to believe that if someone is better than me in the IPF its due to a number of reasons,chemical enhancement isnt one of them.

Sorry, bro - my comment wasn't very clear. All I meant was that no-one knows who is juicing because juicers go to great lengths to keep it that way! :D

That's not a reflection on the IPF at all. It's simply saying that whatever the system, given enough people, there'll always be a few competitors who are willing to cheat it - in this case by using gear when the rules forbid it. But I'm equally sure that an active drug testing policy such as the IPF has will lower the number of gear-users (particularly when they have alternative feds that don't test).

So I think the IPF's testing policy is a good thing, as it supports the competitors who do play by the rules. As Blaha points out in his rant, it does not guarantee that everyone in the fed will be natural. But I don't think it has to. It's simply there to show that the IPF is upholding its rules. And good on them for that.

Blaha does state he has in fact talked face to face with whom im assuming american powerlifters who compete in the IPF who have admitted to taking performance enhancing drugs.

Now its up to the listener to discern whether hes telling the truth or not.Id say he probably is.I have no idea who these lifters are and thats not my job to find out.

But you have to balance this against the facts that if you are competing in the IPF you are subject to stringent testing,especially if you are winning.Not only is there comp tests,theres also the probability they will show up at your house at any time of the day.

Now,once again i can only speak for myself,im not sure if i could be bothered with the hassle of having to live a double life,secondly the majority of good lifters know each other well.This has been alluded to before,you can only fly under the radar for so long especially if you are cleaning out the competition.

haha yip i remember when capo 1st came along, my facebook friends list quickly went on the decline

Nah man it's Bullshit exaggeration . They can associate. Just can't help at other Feds comps or compete at them. They can come watch. I am good mates with Luke dingle we train together spot each other. He will come watch the GPC bop 3 lift he just can't help out... And why does GPC need IPF members help to run a comp their own members should help. Reuben Simanu gonna help me with some training that's all good. GPC member don dwes trains with Brett Gibbs on occasion and he goes to powerhouse gym often too. Matt Gordon came to GPC nats to support us and see Odell the freak lift. (Inb4 I'm a nark lol)

But seriously, It's all just powerlifting guys.

I spot and loaded at bop IPF Comp cause was held at my gym and Carl the owner of my gym was in charge of organising platform help and they paid him for helping. So he got a few of the boys and I got $50 for few hours. Warren Trent said it was sweet as, I was associating with them all day.

It's not as nazi as everyone makes out to be. They are all international lifters I mentioned. I'm sure they all good me mentioning their names it's not a fucking crime. Anyone who supports and helps people, passes their knowledge down to people who want to squat more, bench more, deadlift more is just a good sort. I would never not help someone because they lift for this fed or that fed.

I have been guilty of bashing on this previously in threads because I looked at it as rediculous and double standard but I am happy to say I was wrong and I was wrong because I didn't understand the exact rules. Most of you are just like I was you hear the wrong info from people passing on misinformation. I know their rules on this now and it makes sense to me.

yea to be fair its a pretty good buzz these day between all the feds here, as it should be

when the 1st new fed entered NZ 3 or so years back it was abit different though, alot of the top lifters (some named above) turn real nasty on it, but all in the past now and we are seeing some huge growth in the sport, with a real good standard across the board