NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Pro Supps PSWhey - Vanilla Cake

We haven't had many reviews lately, so I thought I'd write up the protein I'm on at the moment... Pro Supps PSWhey - Vanilla Cake flavour.

700443666268_grande.jpg

PSWhey is a blend of whey concentrate and isolate - it doesn't specify how much of each, but with 2.5g of fat, and just 24g of protein per 32g serve, I'd say there's a good chance there's a lot more concentrate than isolate.

At $99 for a 5lb tub, this falls in the mid-range of protein supplements.

This is definitely an American protein - very strong vanilla flavour (which I like), and quite sweet. A bit too sweet for my tastes, but to be fair, there's a lot out there that are sweeter still. It's also quite creamy, even when mixed in water.

Speaking of which, mixibility is great. The powder flows well, and mixes instantly in a glass of water stirred with a teaspoon. Can't fault that at all.

Texture is also good. I hate those thickened protein shakes that are like drinking porridge, and was a bit nervous seeing a couple of thickeners in the ingredients list for PSWhey. But I needn't have worried - there's virtually no thickening at all. The only thing that did strike me initially was a slight "floury" texture, but I quickly became accustomed to that, and hardly notice it now.

Bottom line - would I buy it again? Yes, probably. I might search for a product that wasn't so sweet first, but this would certainly make a good second favourite.