GPC BOP 3 LIFT

The guys I'll tell you bout them tommorow... Bro this girl impressed me most from Tauranga crossfit shows up, never done a comp before the owner of the crossfit never contacted me to go over the rules with her even tho I drop poster and tell him if people interested I help for free... Anyway she squats 140kg no wraps, bench 75, deadlift 175... She was literally so nervous before the comp she couldn't breathe lol. No idea how to warm up. no idea of rules (I tell her rules at breifing), so much potential!

I'll give write up tmw when u have score sheet but awesome comp! Check this thread tmw!

post-10336-0-78507000-1439620972_thumb.j

Real good day Yday. I didn't get any videos or anything at all! I was sporting and loading the whole day which wasn't my plan but we were short of help so I had to step in. I wanted to film a whole lot of lifts and make a video but shit happens.

We had some real good lifters show up yesterday as novices and some really good lifts. Jasmine from crossfit Tauranga was the stand out for me. Andrew wain my mate from Tauranga he did his first comp and did really well got a 290 beltless deadlift up easy he failed 300 on his 3rd but if he hadn't of done 290 he would have got 300 he has one the inba natural Olympia in the junior class a few years back when he was bodybuilding. Dan h bombed out but he got a 230 bench which was big. A novice Gareth had the lift of the day for me with his 210 bench that was the best lift if ever seen such a grind and he just didn't give up so much mental drive to get the job done. He squatted and deadlifted real well too I hope he competes again. Aaron m got 300 deadlift in comp for the first time so I'm stoked for him with that milestone. Heaps of others I could mention but pretty much everyone did reall well! Montz of course real solid performance and kept with the bigger boys at a much lighter weight so he won it pretty well. Global gym is great venue for the comp and the crowd was awesome it was packed in there like you couldn't move and it wasn't a small room.

So looking forward to the next one. I'll like to change a few things, like the platform I'll organise something a little better next time and I'm going to take care of the supplement sponsorship for the next mount comp I'm not going to say anything except that I'm doing the next one. Thanks Hamish, court and Dean who part of the GPC crew that goes to every comp and makes it awesome.

Sick day!

post-10336-0-42036300-1439717542_thumb.j

Yeah Dans just a little bit taller than you Barbrother, Maybe 178cm

Unfortunately he was only just missing depth on squats due to his stance and size hindering how far he can physically come down.

With proraw around the corner he needs to make sure he is gonna pass at an international competition so this will hopefully force him to open up his hips a bit more so he drops as low as he needs too.  Dan's a great guy and will take this comp in his stride and use it to become a better lifter.

Dan H 175kg???? isn't he like my height (175cm)

This comp was one of our best run comps so far

The organising by Tom and Court meant the day went like a breeze.  Was really cool to have 10 female lifters, quite a few were in the same weight class so there were some good battles amongst them.  The quality of lifts was fantastic too.  Always nice when a novice appears from no where and puts up some epic lifts.  Jasmine Hayward just about hitting 400kg total in her very first competition was just crazy.  She had a lot more in her too, missed a few lifts just from technicalities.  Would expect 450+ from her next comp.

The Novice local lifter Gareth was one of the most impressive first timers Ive seen too.  His numbers were good but his heart and grind was even better.  His 210kg bench would have taken about 15 seconds to grind but he never stopped moving the bar and it didnt drop at all.  Ive never seen a lifter push that long, it was amazing and not a single person in the room wasnt yelling and screaming for him as he grinded.  It is moments like that that really make the comps for me.  You could tell the moment he got off the bench how much it meant to him and his family.  

Aarons 300kg deadlift was also a big moment for him, he's been trying to get it for the past year or so.  Was pretty stoked for him!

The crowd was much bigger than anticipated, the Mount really put it on for us!  I can't wait to get back there for another one :)