NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
AlkalineBased

Newest guy on the chopping block

I'm Jay, i'm currently 140.4lb (63.68kg), 10-12% BF, 5'5" and 21 years of age. I got into bodybuilding and fitness last year, starting with weight loss. I was at around 200lb (90kg) and fat fat fat. I was unhappy with my life and how I looked, so I finally decided to change it. It was my last year of univeristy and I knew that it was now or never.

I started working out in March 2014 using an IIFYM scheme of dieting (still cut out a lot of the terrible stuff I ate anyway) and in eight months I was down to around 132lb (60kg) with some nice newbie gains to show for it, although most of it had simply been fat loss. Then I did a quick bulk, and messed that up quickly. Mistake number one, never start with a mass gainer until you're training hard enough to make it worth it. So i cut down again and had only a little extra mass to show for it. I then bulked from Feburary this year all the way till april, and have been doing a mini keto cut for the last four weeks, about to finish it up at the end of this week and start adjusting my calories slowly back into bulking range over the next week, as well as start a strength training program.

I've found I have a Mesomorphic-Endomorphic body blend that actually puts on muscle easily and has a rather nice shape when brought out, but of course before all this that didn't matter because my diet was terrible.

Came here to chat because it's far more local than BodyBuilding.com and because I want to be able to show off my progress as I make it. I hope one day to be able to compete in an IFBB NZ competition and become a personal trainer or a physiotherapist.

I'm currently based in West Auckland and using Jetts Lew Lynn to work out, because it's cheap, 24/7 and close.

That's me. I hope I can meet some awesome people here and keep getting bigger and better.

I'm Jay, i'm currently 140.4lb (63.68kg), 10-12% BF, 5'5" and 21 years of age. I got into bodybuilding and fitness last year, starting with weight loss. I was at around 200lb (90kg) and fat fat fat. I was unhappy with my life and how I looked, so I finally decided to change it. It was my last year of univeristy and I knew that it was now or never.

I started working out in March 2014 using an IIFYM scheme of dieting (still cut out a lot of the terrible stuff I ate anyway) and in eight months I was down to around 132lb (60kg) with some nice newbie gains to show for it, although most of it had simply been fat loss. Then I did a quick bulk, and messed that up quickly. Mistake number one, never start with a mass gainer until you're training hard enough to make it worth it. So i cut down again and had only a little extra mass to show for it. I then bulked from Feburary this year all the way till april, and have been doing a mini keto cut for the last four weeks, about to finish it up at the end of this week and start adjusting my calories slowly back into bulking range over the next week, as well as start a strength training program.

I've found I have a Mesomorphic-Endomorphic body blend that actually puts on muscle easily and has a rather nice shape when brought out, but of course before all this that didn't matter because my diet was terrible.

Came here to chat because it's far more local than BodyBuilding.com and because I want to be able to show off my progress as I make it. I hope one day to be able to compete in an IFBB NZ competition and become a personal trainer or a physiotherapist.

I'm currently based in West Auckland and using Jetts Lew Lynn to work out, because it's cheap, 24/7 and close.

That's me. I hope I can meet some awesome people here and keep getting bigger and better.

Good for you man. You're experimenting and that's how you learn best. All the best with your gym endeavors, keep experimenting, learning, and growing.