Hyperbolic Time Chamber Training

ThreeWhiteLights

First week of 6's on presses this week all v ez and will increase pp to 100x6x4 next week after 95x6x4 today. Here is set 3 and 4. Kinda miss grooved rep 4 in the 3rd set bit of a laugh.

Here's a random vid of my narrow grip that I do as assistance mainly for overhead. Looking to do some bench comps early next year in the 93s so good to keep this up.

Whats the purpose of the fat bar mate? Grip strength? You made those look effortless.

In most strongman comps there will be an overhead lift. Either axel or log (sometimes both) so trying to get better at cleaning it - I have little baby hands and not a big enough gut/shelf to rest the bar on so have to lean back quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

102.5kg x 4 x 4 Axel Continental Clean and push press. Legs were pretty lethargic today so leg drive wasn't where it needed to be. 4x4 again next week either with 105 or 107.5 depending on warm ups

buzzy i havent seen that movement before, never really followed any strongman stuff but thats badass, strong pressing!

Well the axel / thick bar will have no flex so that will make the lift more challenging than on an olympic bar. The bigger diameter means the bar is further away from your centre of gravity. The thickness will tax your grip. All of these are sure to make lifting on a nice 29mm Eleiko feel easy. You're sure to make some gains on your forearms doing thick bar training imo

Well the axel / thick bar will have no flex so that will make the lift more challenging than on an olympic bar. The bigger diameter means the bar is further away from your centre of gravity. The thickness will tax your grip. All of these are sure to make lifting on a nice 29mm Eleiko feel easy. You're sure to make some gains on your forearms doing thick bar training imo

I'll give it a try then. Hopefully the pipe I got is solid enough. Think it's like 3-4mm pipe or something. Fat bar curlz 4 dayz lol

Did shoulders and upper back yesterday. Was strict axel, prone row 5x5, seated DBs (first time doing these in over a year). Ran out of time so will do pullups and facepulls today.

Prone row was 100kg x 5 x 5. This is one of the sets. See heaps of bullshit rows going on in most gyms..really hard to cheat on this variation.

Did shoulders and upper back yesterday. Was strict axel, prone row 5x5, seated DBs (first time doing these in over a year). Ran out of time so will do pullups and facepulls today.

Prone row was 100kg x 5 x 5. This is one of the sets. See heaps of bullshit rows going on in most gyms..really hard to cheat on this variation.

Strong back bro. Love these rows.

• 2 weeks later...

Did a single at 170 in the Reactive Slingshot yesterday after my close grip work. Ass came off the bench a bit so 3 red lights there. Moved a bit slow after the cg bench.

Today was shoulders and upper back assistance back to high reps again 4x12s on all exercise. Here is a set of strict press 60kgx12 on the axel.

• 1 month later...

Haven't posted in a while as training hasn't been much to write home about. Just keeping the upper body stuff ticking over and doing bodyweight stuff for lower body. Finally had my lumbar discectomy surgery for my L5/S1 disc protusion that has inhibited me from squatting or deadlifting for a long, long time. 6 weeks off the gym now (I've previously never had more than 3 days off) then back into rehab after that. Long road ahead but will hope to post again in the future.

Some vids from my last bench session pre surgery

Can hit this for triples any day of the week now.

Was supposed to be an amrap but bitched out lmao

Parts of the disc they took out that was pressing on the sciatic nerve

12366512_10156516273550105_190766318_n.jpg