Central Districts Novice 3-lift / BP Champs

When I hear the dates, I'll post them  :yes: - I think a lot of people enjoyed themselves.   You really should plan to come to the PowerHouse open in November - BridieA did it last year - and went all the way to Nationals this year :jive:

I thought I recognised the CF Whanganui t-shirts, but was a little bit busy to stop and introduce myself - I was the geezer spotting one side of the ladies' squats (and centre-spotting the guys).  If I'm right, you had a very good squat as well.

Picking attempts can be costing, as one guy found out to his cost, failing all three of his deadlifts (and therefore not posting a total). 

Definitely keen for the powerhouse open so long as we are around, we are out of the country for the start of November, fingers crossed it's later. My partner might even enter that one too! 

Yep we were in our Wanganui Bootcamp Hoodies (our new business). Which side were you spotting? I've written a post on my blog about it with videos if that helps ;)  http://www.moveloveeat.com/2015/07/21/first-power-lifting-competition/

Oh gutted! I went too far the other way with my attempts, too scared of missing them so started too low. 

I was the spotter on your right (screen left) in the squat.. was supposed to be MC'ing but had no voice... 

The Powerhouse Open's normally quite late - it'll probably be about three weeks before the Commonwealth Champs which are in Vancouver in early December.  

Attempt selection's part science, part art, and part how it feels on the day... I came second at the recent Nationals because I didn't back myself to make a big jump on the third deadlift....  :think:

2015 July CDPA Novice 3_lift.pdf

I was the spotter on your right (screen left) in the squat.. was supposed to be MC'ing but had no voice...

The Powerhouse Open's normally quite late - it'll probably be about three weeks before the Commonwealth Champs which are in Vancouver in early December.

Attempt selection's part science, part art, and part how it feels on the day... I came second at the recent Nationals because I didn't back myself to make a big jump on the third deadlift.... :think:

Now I'm really gutted I couldn't go. Because of the results I mean