Hey guys

krispynz

Hey guys

I'm new around here, been lurking the forums for awhile but never signed up.

I'm a 27 year old guy from Wellington, 6'3 and 97kg.

I've been working out by myself at home for awhile now. None of my friends work out and I haven't stepped foot in a gym for over 5 years so I have virtually no contact with other like minded people which is why I've joined this forum. Since I've been doing this solo for so long it would be nice to meet new people, get advice on what I'm doing wrong so I correct my errors and just learn more in general as I've decided this year I want to start taking this more seriously.

Most recently I've made significant changes with my diet and it seems to be working out great as the gains I've made have been better than when I used to just eat shit food. At the moment my diet plan consists of 3750 calories per day, 375g protein, 375 carbs and 80 odd grams of fat

My body type is ectomorph and when I look in the mirror I still look skinny even though I first started working out years ago I was only 72kg.

Anyway it's fairly late and I'm pretty tired I apologize if this doesn't make much sense I know sometimes when I'm tired what I think in my head usually doesn't translate well to the keyboard lol.

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Welcome onboard mate. 73-97kg in a few years! You should be proud of that!. Glad to hear your diets in check and you've got the basics down, what equipment do you have in your home gym and do you have access to a proper gym? Reason I ask is commercial gyms give a lot more variety and if you were unsure of your form etc a trainer can always help correct you.

Hey Polo

Not much mate, got a cable machine, bench and free weights. The reason I haven't bothered to sign back up to a gym yet is because the last time I had a gym membership I had a 3 year contract and my job was replaced by a robot, so I was out of work and still paying a gym membership of $50 odd dollars every 2 weeks which left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm a factory worker during the day and the same could eventually happen again which is why I've put off from signing up to a gym again.

The closest gym here is Jetts fitness, it's not really ideal but it's better than nothing. Do you think it would be a good idea to sign up or look elsewhere in the city?

ask to sign up month to month, will be higher price but safer long term in your situation.

^ this.

Most gyms don't have lock in contracts now so you can cancel your membership at any given time.

You don't seem to have much in your own home gym so I'm guessing you just follow your own routine ?? And use the same exercises repeatedly?? Also what do you do for legs?

Having access to a commercial gym will give you plenty more options and you will also be able to follow a structured routine. Your diets on point but your training structure could be lacking hence the reason why your not happy with where your currently at.

I'll go down and have a chat with them tomorrow after work and yeah I have the same routine that I follow week in, week out. I know this is bad but there is really only so much I can do with what I have, sometimes I get creative with the equipment but this can also end up in tears lol

For legs I do dumbbell \ barbell lunges, squats and sometimes I use the cable machine for my calf (I have no idea what the exercise is called, I grip the handle in my hand and tippytoe) although I usually only do this once a week on Saturdays as I have to walk to work.

Polo how long did you find it took to get used to all the equipment at the gym? I know when I used to go to the gym half the machines I never touched because I didn't know how to use them correctly.

Gyms like Jetts will even do a week by week rate with no contract. They should give you an overview of how to use the machines etc when you join also.

This ^

Get a trainer to run you through the machines and proper for. that way your confident in using them and going to be safe from injuries