The Overhead Press Challenge

Pseudonym

Okay cool, will give it a jam tonight and see how we go.

My overhead press is weak as piss compared to bench strength so won't be any amazing numbers here. Just have to hope luck is on my side with the draw !

And I'm pretty sure Skeletor did weigh himself, it was just after the press instead of before.

But yolo since now don't have to have proof of weight I'm just going to claim 70kg bodyweight so that my press numbers might actually be considered respectable haha

Gymnation Overhead Press Challenge 95kg for 5 reps:

Here's my entry lads ! A lot weaker than I should be but big improvement for me on last time I tried to go heavy on a Strict Standing Press.

So was 95kg for five reps, think form was okay for the comp !

Got another bench day on Sunday so might try crack that triple digits then. Have always wanted to do bodyweight overhead I just kinda gave up on the idea cos I always sucked at it haha.

Ps I weigh a bit more than 70kg.. Bodyweight sitting around 105 atm.

Form was on point, you had 100 in you easy bro

Dunno about these knee wraps on arms shenanigans though lol

We'll see on Sunday bro, I think the strength is definitely there just the balance and thoracic mobility would be the limiting factors.

Lol no knee wraps here bro, they're Inzer sleeves I swear...

Hmmmm I wonder if I can slip them under there though, easy +20kg, could get quite a few revolutions haha

Epic form there man. You big guys make it look so smooth.

Thanks bro, we'll see how smooth it is with two plates or so on there though lol

I would say the "smoothness" could be related to tight you can get possibly ? Eg with me and SG being used to getting tight against a belt and having tight upper back etc under heavy squats/deads there is probably the carry over in that our bodies know how to do the same thing for this ?

I dunno, interesting subject for another time though maybe, how different lifters all seem to have different levels of speed/tightness/smoothness/grind at near max weights.

Thanks bro, we'll see how smooth it is with two plates or so on there though lol

I would say the "smoothness" could be related to tight you can get possibly ? Eg with me and SG being used to getting tight against a belt and having tight upper back etc under heavy squats/deads there is probably the carry over in that our bodies know how to do the same thing for this ?

I dunno, interesting subject for another time though maybe, how different lifters all seem to have different levels of speed/tightness/smoothness/grind at near max weights.

also the bodyweight : weight lifted ratio might make a difference. skeletor lifting a bigger % of his bodyweight likely to get pushed around a bit by the weight overhead vs you guys ?

also the bodyweight : weight lifted ratio might make a difference. skeletor lifting a bigger % of his bodyweight likely to get pushed around a bit by the weight overhead vs you guys ?

Oh probably definitely a factor in this case bro.

I was meaning more in a general sense as you see it a lot with powerlifting, some lifters are quick and their max looks the same as 75% but they miss if you put an extra 5kg on, whereas others do epic grinds or are slower from 80% onwards etc etc

Rebel just posted a video too haha like 3 posts ago lmao

Hmm. I think she did a sneaky ninja-edit there!

Also had a go at 47.5 kg but stalled at 4.5 reps ohhhh so sad!!!!!

Nice going! And you've still got time to nail that 47.5kg if you want. Sounds like you'd have got there if you hadn't pre-fatigued with the 45kg.

Hmm. I think she did a sneaky ninja-edit there!

Nice going! And you've still got time to nail that 47.5kg if you want. Sounds like you'd have got there if you hadn't pre-fatigued with the 45kg.

Hahahahahaha no sneaky ninja edit I posted it as soon as I had completed the video but the darn upload took so long that it would not complete until it had completed, I never manage to get the uploading thing sorted easily.