NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community

It's a sad day for NZ bodybuilding.

BigKiwi was, well, big... In every sense of the word.

Big size, big personality, and a particularly big, generous spirit. He leaves behind him a big hole in the NZ bodybuilding scene.

RIP Justin. A lot of people will miss you... bigtime.

post-433-14166825109447.jpg

Photo he posted here 10-12-2012, 127kg, 4% BF.

One of the biggest and strongest and kind hearted Giants to ever come from NZ

You are free from the pain and hardship you have had to endure lately

RIP Justin. You will be missed by all

In spite of all the mistakes he made at least he was pretty open and honest about what lead to his heart disease and was open about the dangers of steroid use in this regard. RIP man.

No matter what your views on the way Justin lived life it's hard to think of a bigger personality in NZ bodybuilding. I always appreciated Big Kiwi's positive attitude no matter what was going on around him. He definitely lived on his terms and that gets my respect.

At the end of the day Justin went too soon but he leaves a legacy of being a legitimate heavyweight pro that he always strive for, and a lot of lessons for us through his stories.

Godspeed to Valhalla brother.

RIP Justin. Remember meeting you at Eastside Barbell in CHCH many moons ago and how much of genuine guy you are. Humble and just a straight up all round GC. you will be missed my all.

I hope theyre re racking the weights up there bro.

I met Justin in wellys when we went to see Flex Wheeler. He was a friend of a friend and we hit the town with him after the show. Awesome character. Was like going out with a superstar, unbelievable attention. Will never forget the stop at the shop on the way home at 6am and him cleaning up 2x2 litres of trim milk right there in the shop lol. Gotta get that protein no matter what.Rip bro.