Auckland Mens clinic doctor gets Charged

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11458413

It's about time something like this happened. Good to see medsafe don't just sit around with their fingers up their arse hassling people for importing melanotan2.

Mens clinics are just drug fronts run by dodgy doctors who know nothing about aas except how to get it. Medsafe knows this so dunno why they aren't all just shut down.

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11458413

It's about time something like this happened. Good to see medsafe don't just sit around with their fingers up their arse hassling people for importing melanotan2.

Mens clinics are just drug fronts run by dodgy doctors who know nothing about aas except how to get it. Medsafe knows this so dunno why they aren't all just shut down.

Don't they double the price as well??

Are you not a fan of men's clinics, Realtalk? I thought they were seen as the legitimate (albeit expensive) method to access pharmaceutical-grade products - and therefore the safer way of using gear?

Whilst the gear itself maybe safer/purer, I don't think he was doing any 'due diligence' with regards to his patients safety.  The media (only know what I've heard on TV/online) made it sound like he was writing scripts willy nilly without any pep/safety chats with his clients.  Dealing with "the guy at the gym" probably gave more 'knowledge' than it appears this Doc gave.

Are you not a fan of men's clinics, Realtalk? I thought they were seen as the legitimate (albeit expensive) method to access pharmaceutical-grade products - and therefore the safer way of using gear?

No, not really. Legitimate? They are anything but. People who order, prescribe and dispense quantites of pseudo-ephedrine/ephedrine hcl are usually not legitimate and are often involved in gangs and organised crime. The guy is a piece of shit who has absolutley no integrity and care for people's health and well being. What kind of doctor writes out scripts for people without knowing anything about them for a price tag. This is New Zealand, not Thailand. We arent a 3rd world country. Rip his medical licience to shreds.

Well from the article he admitted to 20 charges of misconduct. He could have done much more, but going by that, it seems he had a handful of loyal repeat clients as opposed to just handing out scripts 'willy  nilly'.

Another point was that he would hand out the scripts without actually checking up on his patients. But his 20 or so 'patients' knew full well that they just wanted gear, and so would the doctor. It must have been mutually agreed. So waste of time for them and the doctor to get pretend checkups for the sake of it.

Im sure he was responsible and checked up regular with his everyday TRT patients. If he did not, then that would be a different issue.

Then again, misconduct is always wrong for doctors so nothing we can do is there.

What he did was harmeless compared to the likes of other dealers at gyms etc. probably.

Well from the article he admitted to 20 charges of misconduct. He could have done much more, but going by that, it seems he had a handful of loyal repeat clients as opposed to just handing out scripts 'willy nilly'.

Another point was that he would hand out the scripts without actually checking up on his patients. But his 20 or so 'patients' knew full well that they just wanted gear, and so would the doctor. It must have been mutually agreed. So waste of time for them and the doctor to get pretend checkups for the sake of it.

Im sure he was responsible and checked up regular with his everyday TRT patients. If he did not, then that would be a different issue.

Then again, misconduct is always wrong for doctors so nothing we can do is there.

What he did was harmeless compared to the likes of other dealers at gyms etc. probably.

Gyzz you should only post in your journal

Legal drug dealing. They're huge here. Blood test and video meeting with a Dr in another state and wham.. you're sorted. Huge huge huge money maker :)

Hard out. Everyone gets pharma ai and serms etc and pharma gh if they can afford and its not a matter of tricking the doc, just pay and you get it.

Some people only buy ugl test because the pharma stuff is real thick need to use 19ga to pin apparently

I particularly love how my pharma using friends tell me how much better quality it must be because it's mixed by a compounding chemist. Yeah bro my mate Abdul makes about 1 million times the volume your guy does... so if practise makes perfect my ug is just as good. Never mind they both order their powders from the same sources :)

What kind of doctor writes out scripts for people without knowing anything about them for a price tag. This is New Zealand, not Thailand. We arent a 3rd world country. Rip his medical licience to shreds.

Yep, fair point. If a doctor is prescribing gear from a position as a medical professional, he does need to be professional about it - so regular checkups should be a mandatory part of the package.

I particularly love how my pharma using friends tell me how much better quality it must be because it's mixed by a compounding chemist. Yeah bro my mate Abdul makes about 1 million times the volume your guy does... so if practise makes perfect my ug is just as good. Never mind they both order their powders from the same sources :)

I don't know about your mate Abdul, but in general, surely pharma-grade is superior to something that's passed through God-knows-how-many hands to reach you?

I don't know about your mate Abdul, but in general, surely pharma-grade is superior to something that's passed through God-knows-how-many hands to reach you?

way i see it, in aus, so many brands, so much options, so less need to go through multiple sets of hands. sources i've been offered have been 1 person selling on behalf of the person who mixes it, so not as many hands as if there was only a couple of brands and everyone wants in on selling and price goes up 10$/vial each level in the ladder haha

Well I was only speaking theoretically and yes chances are the pharma stuff is better quality. Most ug guys have no concern for quality or care because they don't have to answer to a regulatory board and quite often have zero conscience about who they sell to and what they sell. In fact some think that if there's a sucker to sell crap to then why not.

Finding the few good guys who try to sell decent quality product is a mission but I use pretty much all UG and it seems to work out ok for me. Sure I've been ripped off a few times but it's a tiny percentage of times compared to when everything has been fine.

What would you say if I told you some mens clinics are so dodgy that they are giving you UGL gear. A guy from west auckland who got busted, well he's in jail now but he was selling to a guy in bulk who used to compete once or twice who had his finger in an auckland City mens clinic. They would Inject people with UGL gear for s high price and keep it off the books but people would think they are getting pharm grade stuff.

Also think alpha clinic that used to be on the north shore. UGL Vials of oil and home pressed tabs and capsules were flying out of there.

None are legitimate whatsoever. If you have a legitimate problem why even go to a skody mens clinic. If you're legit the public health system will look after you just fine.

What would you say if I told you some mens clinics are so dodgy that they are giving you UGL gear. A guy from west auckland who got busted, well he's in jail now but he was selling to a guy in bulk who used to compete once or twice who had his finger in an auckland City mens clinic. They would Inject people with UGL gear for s high price and keep it off the books but people would think they are getting pharm grade stuff.

Also think alpha clinic that used to be on the north shore. UGL Vials of oil and home pressed tabs and capsules were flying out of there.

None are legitimate whatsoever. If you have a legitimate problem why even go to a skody mens clinic. If you're legit the public health system will look after you just fine.

Buzzy

I cant understand why someone would risk a 6 year medicine degree to help out cunts that are too scared to go find ugl source.

Even gumby pharm girl i know from school said her policy on not giving maccaz any drugs was a strict rule lol

Money obviously. $150k per annum as gp or whatever they get just doesn't satify some people.

Or they get influenced, intimidated or blackmailed to do it. A lot of time the mens clinics are set up and run by someone with no med qualifications. At one clinic on North shore you had a doctor there a few days a week and a bodybuilder writing scripts out 6 days a week for doctor to sign when he got back. Just because you spent ten years at med school doesn't automatically make you smart it's just makes you a doctor. It's like a pharmacy, anyone can own up to 49% of a pharmacy without having ever has anything to do with a pharmacy before. The 51% is a registered pharmacist.... But you think people don't have back room deals to make it look like this. So maybe the pharmacist owns no part of it but on paper he does and he is paid a bigger wage than usual to do dodgy things, keep his mouth shut and act as if. Concept is no different to a mens clinic. Money talks, bullshit walks.

Money obviously. $150k per annum as gp or whatever they get just doesn't satify some people.

Or they get influenced, intimidated or blackmailed to do it. A lot of time the mens clinics are set up and run by someone with no med qualifications. At one clinic on North shore you had a doctor there a few days a week and a bodybuilder writing scripts out 6 days a week for doctor to sign when he got back. Just because you spent ten years at med school doesn't automatically make you smart it's just makes you a doctor. It's like a pharmacy, anyone can own up to 49% of a pharmacy without having ever has anything to do with a pharmacy before. The 51% is a registered pharmacist.... But you think people don't have back room deals to make it look like this. So maybe the pharmacist owns no part of it but on paper he does and he is paid a bigger wage than usual to do dodgy things, keep his mouth shut and act as if. Concept is no different to a mens clinic. Money talks, bullshit walks.

buzzy

any doctors in here keen on a job? im hiring

I know they buy and sell ug gear. Kind of why I laugh my ass off when guys tell me they only use pharma from those clinics. It's like anything. There's some good and some bad and yep it's all about the moolah. I know someone who owns one who used to ask me to write cycles for clients ha ha ha ha must be cos I look doctorish. .. I didn't write them btw. I'm all for people making money but not by being misleading.

Shiiiit. OK, that's pretty dodgy. :o

In the interests of balance, here's another side to the story - which popped up quite accidentally in my Facebook feed (it was liked by a friend who has nothing to do with bodybuilding)

https://www.facebook.com/jono.aidney/posts/10153414114611667

There have been some news stories about Dr. Glenn Twentyman this week.

Glenn was my fourth GP in Auckland. The first one misdiagnosed a chronic auto-immune condition. The second one never bothered to learn my name, even though I was seeing him regularly between major surgeries. The third confessed he couldn't help me beyond an infinite supply of paracetamol.

Dr. Twentyman was the only GP who ever bothered to research my condition. He tried his best to help me get a clinically-proven probiotic (covered for my condition under US health insurance but not available in NZ). He recommended several boringly legal supplements that gave me a better quality of life. He made sure I was getting iron injections. Made sure I was eating when I couldn't stomach it. And was the only person in the entire NZ medical system who asked me how my mental health was, as I gallivanted from surgery table to surgery table.

Every time I walked into his clinic, he knew a little more about my condition and possible treatments under trial overseas. He was never shy to pick up the phone and advocate on my behalf in the glacial hospital system.

I don't know enough about medicine to defend the charges against Glenn. But I know a lot about being a patient. I've seen maybe a hundred doctors in my life. And Glenn is one of the very best. The only criticism I ever had was how hard it was to make an appointment, between his work on maraes and helping cancer patients get access to unfunded treatments.

The truth is, medicine moves slowly. As a chronic patient, it's frustrating to know there is a world of research going on that will take years to filter down to you.

Glenn's approach may have been unconventional. And it sounds like with some of his patients he may have been a little too cavalier. But I have no doubt his thinking was well-researched, his risks calculated and his decisions made with his patients' best interests at heart.

Just because something is conventional, doesn't make it good. I've had dozens of reckless, gormless, dangerous doctors in my life. But Dr. Twentyman is not one of them.

The media has completely blown this out of proportion. Is he prescribing AAS/GH to 12yo girls? No. He is prescribing these things to people who, prescription or not, use these substances anyway. I don't doubt for a second that all his patients knew exactly what they were after and how to dose and use these compounds properly. Most paitents were most likely regular gear users that needed a legitimate prescription for travel purposes or something.

Doc sounded like a total bro.

The media has completely blown this out of proportion. Is he prescribing AAS/GH to 12yo girls? No. He is prescribing these things to people who, prescription or not, use these substances anyway. I don't doubt for a second that all his patients knew exactly what they were after and how to dose and use these compounds properly. Most paitents were most likely regular gear users that needed a legitimate prescription for travel purposes or something.

Doc sounded like a total bro.

Well the patients have permanent name suppression and their details remain confedential. So you wouldn't actually know their age or gender unless you work for medsafe. That information isn't out in the public arena so you wouldn't really know who he was prescribing to. He also failed to keep adequate notes on patients, and was altering patient details.

•Prescribing pseudoephedrine in bulk despite submitting to a previous Competence Inquiry that he had stopped doing so.

This is so bad in itself. Forget the steroids. We all know what pseudoephedrine in bulk is for don't we..

I don't doubt for a second that all his patients knew exactly what they were after and how to dose and use these compounds properly.

I'm sure his patients knew what they were after, but I'd be very surprised if many knew how to use them properly.

In my experience here, 99% of the time when someone decides to hit the juice, their biggest concern is where to get it - how to use it comes a very distant second. :P