Anyone suffer with fatigue and tiredness ?

I get this when commissioning 4am starts and 8pm finishes for weeks without breaks. 

I would be so run down that I would just pass out though, shit feeling. 

I was taking melatonin thoughout the whole time of commissioning helped a lot. If you can't handle the early starts or hours get a new job bro it isn't going to get easier and less than 6 hours sleep for extended periods of time is terrible for your health.

I try go to bed early and get my rest, but end up not sleeping until around 12-1am fuckin sucks, tried melatonin it don't work for me, Tried zoppys but they taste like shit, I work in a factory so its hard yakka, todays switch from evenings to mornings fucked me big time didn't even go to gym... plus kids, and unfortunately its tough out there bro cant click my fingers and get a new job, But I will definitely be looking. Will be in bed early tonight for sure and hope I get some shut eye.

I get this when commissioning 4am starts and 8pm finishes for weeks without breaks. 

I would be so run down that I would just pass out though, shit feeling. 

I was taking melatonin thoughout the whole time of commissioning helped a lot. If you can't handle the early starts or hours get a new job bro it isn't going to get easier and less than 6 hours sleep for extended periods of time is terrible for your health.

I can handle them, that's why I do them lol, Just asking how people with busy schedules do it.

Melatonin 2 - 3 mg 2 hrs before bed time.

It takes that long and it dosent 'work' like a sleeping pill, just helps you sleep faster, but you have to put yourself to sleep It cant do that for you.

hmmm yeah I used to take a Handful at a time when on night shift, maybe I'll try them out again, try some relaxation techniques beforehand. Thanks

• 4 years later...
On 2/06/2015 at 3:10 PM, Viking-strongman said:

I try go to bed early and get my rest, but end up not sleeping until around 12-1am fuckin sucks, tried melatonin it don't work for me, Tried zoppys but they taste like shit, I work in a factory so its hard yakka, todays switch from evenings to mornings fucked me big time didn't even go to gym... plus kids, and unfortunately its tough out there bro cant click my fingers and get a new job, But I will definitely be looking. Will be in bed early tonight for sure and hope I get some shut eye.

I have struggled for years with lethargy and  insomnia.  If youre not getting lots of good sleep life in general will be total shit. 
Many years ago now I went to the doctors and got some sleeping pills.  Various degrees of success.  Some days I'd wake up feeling like a hang over..  With zoplicone I found the answer was to take only half a tab. Very low dose was all i needed and was bouncing off the walls the next day..  The problem as you know, you cant take sleeping pills long term.. 

So I have turned to another solution and its working for me. I now take Quetapine.  I have heard of some patients on 800mg.. Which to me is insane.. When the doctor first gave me a 25 mg tab  and told me to take it 2 hours before going to bed I took his advice.  So was in the middle of making tea when the fucking thing kicked in. I was wobbling around all over the place slurring my speech with the hot frying pan in my hands.. Damn that shit was mean. Worse than any sleeping pill I'v tried. 

Anyway,  woke up with a hang over..  In the end I worked out, buy a pill cutter.. Cut it in to quarters and take aprox 6.25mg. 
Not woth talking about you'd think but it does the trick. and no hang over the next day..  After a month or so of reasonably good sleep it starts to lessen in effect.. Then I switch to 200mg of Gabapentin. and take that for the next month or so or until it starts to lessen in effect.  Gabapentin is very mild. Often I have to really concentrate on not thinking about anything and really relaxing to drift off. But it gets me there. On the odd occassion I'd had to many coffees I wash it down with a low carb beer or two if needed. That does the trick..  Good nights sleep..

Both gabapentin and quetapine and non addictive so you dont get dependant on them like you would sleeping pills. 

I do keep a bottle of temazepam by my bed for emergencies..  Too many coffees, or wound up about something and cant sleep... 

Not the perfect solution but at least not addictive sleeping pills.. 

One last thought...   After years of struggling with sleep,  I changed my diet to keto..  It somehow magicallly cured my sleeping pattern.. I started sleeping well and normally with out drugs.. Then I had one long night on the piss.  Partied all night..  Some how that flipped everything on its head and put me right back to sleeping like shit again.. So it was back to the quetiapine and gabapentin..  

Dont ask me to expain that.. I dont know what happened..  Have tried going off keto then back on to see if that would flip the switch and get me sleeping again.  It never did..  So for now,  a low dose of quetapine is my means of sleeping. 

How ever you do it, a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep regularly is so important.  Sure the odd 5 hour night isn't going to kill you but over all, you need that sleep mate.. With out it,  life will never be good.  

Only other advice I can offer is, even sorting sleep issues wont fix any underlying causes of which there could be many.. Low testosterone as an example could be a cause of  insomnia and this could be easily found out by getting some blood work done.. 

My 2 cents worth.. Hope its of some help..

By the way I have tried malatonin and magnesium etc and some off the shelf remedies..  All about as much use as tits on a bull.  

Exposure to blue spectrum light several hours before bed lowers melatonin production making sleep difficult.

Blue light (LED) is particularly bad at anytime of the day, lights, screens, tv, videos, phones, etc

Shown to cause macular degeneration via mitochondrial dysfunction and death.. 

Quetiapine, are you aware of the number of different receptor types it antagonises.? Personally I'd stay away from drugs, find the problem in your life and fix it, because drugs won't...

• 3 weeks later...