Workout clothing

what are you actually looking for ? hoodies? shirts? pants? or when you say gear is it straps/belts and all that stuff? i assume you meant stuff like tshirt and shorts.

i don't really buy special clothing to go to the gym it all gets washed too regularly to last very long, the $5 kmart shirts and the wearhouse activewear lineup  do just fine, once they get too stretched up or worn out from regular wash/wear & tear its cheap enough to just go buy new set, way better than being a sucker spending $50 stringers or that other wierd/designer bullshit people wear to gyms because they got that passion for fashion lol.

what are you actually looking for ? hoodies? shirts? pants? or when you say gear is it straps/belts and all that stuff? i assume you meant stuff like tshirt and shorts.

i don't really buy special clothing to go to the gym it all gets washed too regularly to last very long, the $5 kmart shirts and the wearhouse activewear lineup  do just fine, once they get too stretched up or worn out from regular wash/wear & tear its cheap enough to just go buy new set, way better than being a sucker spending $50 stringers or that other wierd/designer bullshit people wear to gyms because they got that passion for fashion lol.

Belts, wraps etc

Belts, wraps etc

Sweet, in that case I made a similar thread start of year asking where to get those kind of things. Heaps of suggestions you can find here :  http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/18751-lifting-gear-beltsleeves-where-when-what/

Important note : if you gonna be doing powerlifting comps, just double check which comps you planning to enter and what they allow.. apparently IPF very strict on the brands of gears they'll let you use.

Sweet, in that case I made a similar thread start of year asking where to get those kind of things. Heaps of suggestions you can find here :  http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/18751-lifting-gear-beltsleeves-where-when-what/

Important note : if you gonna be doing powerlifting comps, just double check which comps you planning to enter and what they allow.. apparently IPF very strict on the brands of gears they'll let you use.

Ill be doing my first comp at some stage. Just a question, Do I have to cut the padding out of the belt?

Ill be doing my first comp at some stage. Just a question, Do I have to cut the padding out of the belt?

what belt do you have bro? i didn't know they even make belts with padding lol mine was hard leather and i'm still working on breaking it in.. someone else here might know more about whether a belt with padding be suitable for what comps though

what belt do you have bro? i didn't know they even make belts with padding lol mine was hard leather and i'm still working on breaking it in.. someone else here might know more about whether a belt with padding be suitable for what comps though

Im raw as bro dont own ANY gear apart from boxing wraps and gloves etc ha ha..From what ive seen most belts come with padding for the lower back, BUT im keen as to get wrist straps(Im guessing these are used for benching because my wrists ache when around 150) and a belt etc.

Im raw as bro dont own ANY gear apart from boxing wraps and gloves etc ha ha..From what ive seen most belts come with padding for the lower back, BUT im keen as to get wrist straps(Im guessing these are used for benching because my wrists ache when around 150) and a belt etc.

yeah wrist wraps for all kinds of pushing work bench, overhead press, olymic lifts and even squats if you need that extra wrist support.

this the belt i got, it's a very low end powerlifting belt but it's fine for GPC and other feds, not IPF though... http://store.getstrength.com/gs-powerlifting-belt-medium/i never saw any recommended with padding in powerlifting but there may be some around... not sure what benefit it would provide, the belt should be stiff and thick as its main purpose is to help you brace your core by breathing out on to it. if it had some slack from padding or anything then it's not going to be fit for purpose... either that or you end up tightening the belt and padding becomes useless anyway.

yeah wrist wraps for all kinds of pushing work bench, overhead press, olymic lifts and even squats if you need that extra wrist support.

this the belt i got, it's a very low end powerlifting belt but it's fine for GPC and other feds, not IPF though... http://store.getstrength.com/gs-powerlifting-belt-medium/i never saw any recommended with padding in powerlifting but there may be some around... not sure what benefit it would provide, the belt should be stiff and thick as its main purpose is to help you brace your core by breathing out on to it. if it had some slack from padding or anything then it's not going to be fit for purpose... either that or you end up tightening the belt and padding becomes useless anyway.

bro I ordered from get strength before and it took like 4 weeks, aren't they NZ store? but all goods mate thank you for your help

yeah i thought theyre nz.. mine didn't take so long, more like a week, my experience was good but i only ever made just the 1 order from them so either i was lucky or you were unlucky, your pick.

i got my knee sleeves from fitshop.co.nz, they have a store based in albany where you can check their stuff out and buy in person if preferred. was also a good experience there for me.