Low test - Incl Bloodwork

Fuckkk been a while since I've been on these boards. Few things have changed, notably 2guns is a moderator (lol). Anyhow...

I finished a 4 month cycle on 1st January (3rd cycle ever with long gaps in between) of 500mg test e (NO HCG)

21st January commenced PCT of Clomid & Nolva for 30 days - Feeling good

21st Febuary PCT ended - Feeling good.

Then began my slow decline into feeling like shit. I have experienced:

• Weight gain - Despite calorie controlled diet,
  • Worsening brain fog - Difficulty concentrating
  • Fatigue - Absolutely wrecked after a days work - Office job
  • Sleep issues - Out like a log but cannot stay asleep.
  • Motivation - Really have to force myself to go gym, work hard etc etc
  • Strength reduction - Understandable after using gear I suppose 

My Labtests Bloodwork as of two days ago 32 years old:

Serum Test 8.1 nmol/L   Ref Range: 8.0 - 29.0 - Barely scraping in

Free Test    163 pmol/L  Ref Range 198 - 619  - Outside the ref range!!

SHGB          31 nmol/L    Ref Range   13 - 71     - In range

FSH            1.5 IU/L         Ref Range   2.0 - 12.0 - Outside range again

LH               3.7 IU/L         Ref Range    2.0 - 9.0 - Lower end of ref range

I notice some online sources (Doctors) say serum test should really start at 12.0 upwards. And that the problem with ref ranges is they're not age specific. So anyway you look at it I'm far too low for my age.

My questions are

1. Shouldn't I be better recovered by now?
  2. Should I consider TRT at my age?
  3. Are there some natural steps I can take to increase testosterone then re-test?
  4. Should I run PCT again?
  5. Should I just wait it out?

I'm in a new job and I really need to be on my game. I'm half tempted to pop the lid on one of my supplies and get on a trt dose.

Any advice appreciated. 

Fuckkk been a while since I've been on these boards. Few things have changed, notably 2guns is a moderator (lol). Anyhow...

I finished a 4 month cycle on 1st January (3rd cycle ever with long gaps in between) of 500mg test e (NO HCG)

21st January commenced PCT of Clomid & Nolva for 30 days - Feeling good

21st Febuary PCT ended - Feeling good.

Then began my slow decline into feeling like shit. I have experienced:

• Weight gain - Despite calorie controlled diet,
  • Worsening brain fog - Difficulty concentrating
  • Fatigue - Absolutely wrecked after a days work - Office job
  • Sleep issues - Out like a log but cannot stay asleep.
  • Motivation - Really have to force myself to go gym, work hard etc etc
  • Strength reduction - Understandable after using gear I suppose 

LH               3.7 IU/L         Ref Range    2.0 - 9.0 - Lower end of ref range

I notice some online sources (Doctors) say serum test should really start at 12.0 upwards. And that the problem with ref ranges is they're not age specific. So anyway you look at it I'm far too low for my age.

My questions are

1. Shouldn't I be better recovered by now?
  2. Should I consider TRT at my age?
  3. Are there some natural steps I can take to increase testosterone then re-test?
  4. Should I run PCT again?
  5. Should I just wait it out?

I'm in a new job and I really need to be on my game. I'm half tempted to pop the lid on one of my supplies and get on a trt dose.

Any advice appreciated. 

did you check your oestrogen level, and how is your libido?  

just based on symptoms seems more like an energy problem that maybe a testosterone problem.

I've also a few guys come off cycle and absolute kill it trying to kill there gains and it just ends up pushing their cortisol and stress levels through the roof, inhibiting LH FSH. not saying this is the scenario 

if it's free get tested again in a weeks time take some zma see if its fluctuating.

you're 17 with low test? what were you results dude?

9.3 serum test, 2 something LH, 8 something FSH

So yes I can cum fine atleast.

Got tested at 16 last year btw. Getting another test tommorow actually.

And no, Ive already finished pubertey. Started growing body hair at 4, had decent chest / armpit / pubic hair at 9. Most nz people got these things at 13 - 14. This is what happens to indians.

Maybe worth testing again in a month see if its getting better or worse the longer its been since cycle ? Not ideal waiting a month though. Maybe look into power pct ? Maybe shutdown to some degree and power pct could help

Just my no scientific knowledge 2c

im sure the natural levels will eventually come back to normal, from my understanding it maybe a shutdown in your HTPA, but I could be wrong. iv been reading other forums and some guys had similar problems and they just waited it out, It took them like 5-6 months for everything to get back to normal

Thyroid issue can affect test levels so best to get TSH tested also.

Your LH levels are quiet low but maybe it is slowly increasing, would be best to get monthly checks as mentioned above to see if LH is trending upward. LH is more or less your body's ability to product Testosterone and FSH the ability to produce seaman.

My test levels are also low (13) but my LH and FSH are right at the top end of the ref range. I think Testosterone levels not so much an iusse but LH and FSH are. Cortisone also worth testing with the new job role maybe have additional stress.

If LH levels are so low maybe try hCG to speed up recovery?

im sure the natural levels will eventually come back to normal, from my understanding it maybe a shutdown in your HTPA, but I could be wrong. iv been reading other forums and some guys had similar problems and they just waited it out, It took them like 5-6 months for everything to get back to normal

Yeah but he finished in Feb, surely 3 months would have been plenty of time for it to be back to normal levels, have you done test levels count prior to Daving it up AO?

I did test levels years ago after a cycle. I can't remember the numbers, but they were better than they are now.

I've asked for some advice on a busier international forum and the consensus seems to be run a low dose clomid for 30 days and retest then retest again 30 days later. This will be done alongside Vita D3 and ZMA through the full 60 days.

e2 is a bit higher than it should be, which could be suppressing Test so I've been advised to run a low dose aromisin aswell. I dont have Aromisin, does anyone know if Adex will suffice or do they work differently?

Will get started on 25mg clomid today until Vitamins arrive.

aromasin doesn't have estrogen rebound like adex but this is usually an issue and super levels not when trying to restore natural test.

I doubt it's e2 messing with you, you've been off for so long, unless you have a higher propensity for E2 due to some kind of environmental factor, if it's an thyroid issue it would be prolactin inhibiting your hpta

how restricted are your calories?

aromasin doesn't have estrogen rebound like adex but this is usually an issue and super levels not when trying to restore natural test.

I doubt it's e2 messing with you, you've been off for so long, unless you have a higher propensity for E2 due to some kind of environmental factor, if it's an thyroid issue it would be prolactin inhibiting your hpta

how restricted are your calories?

I'm eating around 2200 at the moment. And weight is more or less stagnant.

I think my e2 is naturally higher as it has been with previous bloods. 

I'm going to get more bloods tomorrow for a thyroid panel. Is there anything else you can recommend testing for?

I reckon you just need to suck it up in this case. You only did a short cycle... probably not much long-term damage done. I'd give it a few more months, relax and let yourself recover.

With regards to your sleeping problems. I have the same issue, out like a log, but wake up several times a night. I find it hard to switch my mind back off to get back to sleep. I think cycling steroids disrupts our circadian patterns of testosterone production quite badly and possibly long term even after we stop. That stuffs with your sleep... my sleep quality is pretty poor these days - hardly ever get good night time wood (when I do, that's when I get a real good night's sleep).

I reckon you just need to suck it up in this case. You only did a short cycle... probably not much long-term damage done. I'd give it a few more months, relax and let yourself recover.

With regards to your sleeping problems. I have the same issue, out like a log, but wake up several times a night. I find it hard to switch my mind back off to get back to sleep. I think cycling steroids disrupts our circadian patterns of testosterone production quite badly and possibly long term even after we stop. That stuffs with your sleep... my sleep quality is pretty poor these days - hardly ever get good night time wood (when I do, that's when I get a real good night's sleep).

Good points mate, and for the record I was on for about 5 months. Got bloods drawn again this morning but despite the results I'm going to try and make some lifestyle adjustments conducive with increasing test naturally. Will retest in 30 days.  

9.3 serum test, 2 something LH, 8 something FSH

So yes I can cum fine atleast.

Got tested at 16 last year btw. Getting another test tommorow actually.

And no, Ive already finished pubertey. Started growing body hair at 4, had decent chest / armpit / pubic hair at 9. Most nz people got these things at 13 - 14. This is what happens to indians.

how did it go bro? only just read your reply now. whatd the results come back as?

Sounds like you may have a bit of anxiety even, relax and get yourself in a good headspace, your labs are nothing outrageous or unexpected given you've done a recent cycle. Stay off the gear and re test every few weeks. ZMA and melatonin may help you sleep. Id also bump calories to maintenance. Take it easy you'd be suprised how little things like starting a new job can affect you.

• 1 month later...

::UPDATE::

Serum Test: 12.3 (Higher)

Free Test: 260 (Higher)

LH: 3.1 (Less)

FSH 1.5 (No change)

Comment welcome. (sorry forgot to get e2)

• 3 weeks later...