Ladies, do we "gymtimidate" you?

Pseudonym

There are definitely morons that intimidate women in the gym, usually guys that see a pretty face walk in and all of a sudden flare their lats, start making extra noise and throwing round weights like Ronnie "its all you bro you got this, churr brother mean weights g". it's like some bizarre mating call.

Just act like a normal human being and respect peoples boundaries, pretty simple. Having said that I think Harry is right, there are definitely self concious individuals who feel like everyone is judging them.

Its normally all the young wannabe F*ckwits who pump up there little chests, walk with little arms flared out, hats on backwards wear those stupid stringer rubbish glaring at everyone or stare at themselves in the mirrors as they walk past, its this nonsense that intimidates some gym goers both male and female. 

Bloody stupid article, IMO. But it raises a valid point - do chicks feel like the gym is a guy's domain? And if so, is that starting to change?

If you want an answer to that from the people who are being gymtimidated you need to ask your non-lifting friends ... asking on here is the same as asking people at a gun club why Kiwi's don't like guns.

ask your non-lifting friends

Ask my whatnow? ;-)

nope. 80% i bet i could curl what you just curled.  question... males do i 'gymtimidate' you.

You should start a workout journal here, Ilyese. It'd be good to see what you do, and you'd get some free advice from some pretty knowledgeable people.

Ask my whatnow? ;-)

friend

noun

plural noun: friends; plural noun: Friends

1. a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

"she's a friend of mine"

synonyms: companion, boon companion, bosom friend, best friend, close friend, intimate, confidante, confidant, familiar, soul mate, alter ego, second self, shadow, playmate, playfellow, classmate, schoolmate, workmate, ally, comrade, associate;

Are you wilfully misunderstanding my own wilful misunderstanding, Cameron? Let me explain...

For comedic effect, I pretended not to understand the meaning of

non-lifting friends

The inference was that I didn't see how someone who didn't lift could be a friend.

It was a side-splittingly hilarious gag. Or maybe it wasn't - when you make as many rip-snortingly funny jokes as I have, there's bound to be a dud sooner or later. Sorry, no refunds. :P

• 1 month later...

Most girls I see at gyms are caked up with makeup wearing next to nothing running on there treadmill and are to pussy to do weights because there scared they will get muscles...... They sit there eye fucking the room especially at les mills where it's all platformed watching above you looking at you like a piece of meat and we don't complain. These are the ones that are babbling this crap.

Then you have the girls who come in wearing hardly any makeup that hit the weights/ sweat it out to get toned and don't worry about what's going on around them and just mingle with the guys. These chicks are cool.

Some girls intimidate me especially when they park there bench right infront of where your training and bend over to do kickbacks right in your face or this one girl who does a lot of stretching I was sitting on the shoulder press and she' parks her mat in front of me like 1 metre away in the road of a walking path and starts bending her legs right behind her head and shit, same girl when I was using cable machine right next to the mirror parks her self right next to my cable and there's about 1.5 metres from me to the mirror and she was inbetween that doing the same thing.

Caked with makeup? i go to the gym with makeup on. With my eye brows on fleek and my contour on point. Why? because i can, because i want to and i like makeup. I don't think whether you wear makeup or not to the gym effects how you work out at all. I think everything you said is very small minded. 

-From a Les Mills show pony 

i know some girls that wear makeup to gym, heaps actually. who cares. if they not gonna go without makeup (lol thats a seperate conversation) then let them wear makeup. better to have something good to look at in gym than lazy old cunts groaning while smith machine squatting 20kg, or asians that seem to only be there so they can roam the changing rooms with dick out.,

i know some girls that wear makeup to gym, heaps actually. who cares. if they not gonna go without makeup (lol thats a seperate conversation) then let them wear makeup. better to have something good to look at in gym than lazy old cunts groaning while smith machine squatting 20kg, or asians that seem to only be there so they can roam the changing rooms with dick out.,

Or peeps roaming the change rooms looking for Asians with their dicks out? Ha ha ha ha

• 4 weeks later...

Caked with makeup? i go to the gym with makeup on. With my eye brows on fleek and my contour on point. Why? because i can, because i want to and i like makeup. I don't think whether you wear makeup or not to the gym effects how you work out at all. I think everything you said is very small minded.

-From a Les Mills show pony

Algoods till your eyebrows are melting down the side of your face

I've never come across this gymtimidation business. But 1, I pretty much ignore what's going on around me in the gym and get on with my own stuff and 2, I've always gone to gyms like BodyFX and Kudos where other members just get on with their own training too. If you feel awkward, go find a gym that suits you.

What I don't like is when people load the rack i.e leg press and then I can't do any leg press cause I physically can't get the weights off. That's an annoyance though not intimidation.

• 1 month later...

Gymtimidate the term itself made me laugh  :pfft:  zzzzz this is why I hate women gyms or the women sections of the gym. Sorry ladies but we are the only reapers of our own insecurities. I go to a mainly male dominant gym and tbh all the guys are so into their workouts they don't have time to perve or be hero's unless you need to be spotted or video/picture taken. Women on the other hand omg -____- don't even get me started haha 

Gymtimidate the term itself made me laugh :pfft: zzzzz this is why I hate women gyms or the women sections of the gym. Sorry ladies but we are the only reapers of our own insecurities. I go to a mainly male dominant gym and tbh all the guys are so into their workouts they don't have time to perve or be hero's unless you need to be spotted or video/picture taken. Women on the other hand omg -____- don't even get me started haha

Agree totally except i know that unless you're an overweight/unattractive female they will definitely be perving even if its not so obvious.

i found pretty buzzy/interesting the owner of the gym i go to (commercial shiny type gym) came up to me commenting on my lifts etc and he points to some girls on the treadmill (they could see him point) and goes "good thing we have some nice scenery to look at" but real loud that i was worried they could hear so i was like "sorry?" and he repeated himself, and i was cringing hard like they def knew what he was up to so i just play dumb like ok bro sweet

lol

lol maccaz, well me from the perspective of a girl  that depends of the girl no?

As i mentioned in the post about etiquette breaches, some girls go to the gym strictly to that lol to be perved, I see them all the time as they make me wait for damn equipment lol so they just stay there looking around trying to show the best angle or tits or whatever, and always there is the few that go for it, cant blame them really they still boys, however mostly everyone is in their own stuff 

I have never been in a women only  gym, i imagine it boring i guess, i enjoy working out with the boys, no dramas or txting while working out lol