Mini Cut 3+ Weeks...

Rebel101

Keeping it real simple this year.  South Island Champs in Dunedin and INBA a week later in Queenstown.  If I win Sth IS Champs I will do Nats, if not oh well.  If I qualify with INBA for Natural Olympia in Vegas, then it's off to Vegas I go.

Excellent plan, hope all is going well for your diet and training!

Well, TBH, not really. Gym has flooded, so having to train elsewhere. Kinda knocks my mojo. And, I'm REALLY not enjoying diet, even thought it's the most sane diet plan I've ever done. Big girl britches on and onwards and forwards though.

Put a journal up here then maybe l can make some suggestions to help

Nutrition need not struggle with!

6.5 kg is pretty good for 3 weeks g. Have u lost much water weight?

I started at 75 kg and now at 68 kg. In all now l have been on diet for almost 5 weeks.

Yes in the first week l lost 2.2 kg and alot of this would have been water.

I diet on a ketogenic diet and as the carbs deplete in the first week l drop alot of fluid with that.

When l go back to normal diet l will regain about 2 kg as l refeed the muscles.

Another week and a bit and l should be at about 66.5 kg and will reload to about 68.5 l think.

What date is the hamilton show? Is this the show that is a week or two before the Nationals?

I remember they used to have the waikato show this close to the Nationals and it was always the best regional show by far as everyone would wait to qualify at that one for nationals. Some years it was actually a better show than the Nationals. Not sure it that's thr way things still are but anyway thought id just share my memory lol

What date is the hamilton show? Is this the show that is a week or two before the Nationals?

I remember they used to have the waikato show this close to the Nationals and it was always the best regional show by far as everyone would wait to qualify at that one for nationals. Some years it was actually a better show than the Nationals. Not sure it that's thr way things still are but anyway thought id just share my memory lol

Hi Realtalk

Yes the Hamilton Show is only a week before the NZIFBB Nationals on 3rd of October.

Hamilton is always a great show as people like to get out of Auckland to compete and being a week before the Nationals is can be relatively easy to carry on one week and do the Nationals the next weekend.

Having said that the placings in the 2 shows tend to be very similar so if you place second in Hamilton there is little you can do to improve enough to take first the next week. So I guess that can be a little frustrating.

Well you don't have to water deplete for the hamilton show... So you could easily come In Much better a week later presuming you're lean enough.

Who is your competition this year?

Lisa Bailey ek that I know of but there are many other possibles including Kate Mitchell, Giselle McArtney, Tina Merriman and of course maybe Sesa Tomuli, Naera amongst numerous others it's almost endless really

Are they all competing this year?

That is good depth. Would be a good competition if they all showed up at your comp.

It would be great but highly unlikely!

I never underestimate my competition realistically the only one I would be confident of competing is Lisa Bailey

• 2 weeks later...

Well finished my mini cut at last. Lasted 6.5 weeks not 3 but got to 67.4 kg and 12.5% body fat. I know I will bounce by about 2.5 to 3 kg as the body reloads with carbs so hope I do not go too much above that.

Now for a 3 week mini bulk that will definitely only last 3 weeks before heading into pre contest mode.

Great to be having some extra carbs now but know it will not last long. But if this 3 week stint is to do anything worthwhile I know that I need to eat sufficient to have a surplus in the muscles.

Back to training for size and ohhhh that always hurts so much.

Well finished my mini cut at last. Lasted 6.5 weeks not 3 but got to 67.4 kg and 12.5% body fat. I know I will bounce by about 2.5 to 3 kg as the body reloads with carbs so hope I do not go too much above that.

Now for a 3 week mini bulk that will definitely only last 3 weeks before heading into pre contest mode.

Great to be having some extra carbs now but know it will not last long. But if this 3 week stint is to do anything worthwhile I know that I need to eat sufficient to have a surplus in the muscles.

Back to training for size and ohhhh that always hurts so much.

do you find you recover noticeably better with a surplus?

do you find you recover noticeably better with a surplus?

When I think about this yes I do, if you are referring to between sets yes! When I have carbs in my system I can do one set and then 40 secs later go again.

But if you are taking about recovery from one work out to another then no I do not notice any difference between a ketotic diet and a diet with carbs in it.

Why do you ask?

Oh my! Well I am now 2 weeks into my mini bulk and back at gulp 75 kg!

I know Aylmer has a plan and to quote that famous phrase "mine is not to question why mine is but to do or die"

I suspect it will be a very interesting ride into the competitions this year, to see what has been achieved and how it all comes together.

This high end bodybuilding stuff is hard to understand sometimes but I have a plan and just stick to it .

My daily macros for the mini bulk are protein 350g, carbs 300g, and fats 100g. I suspect that I will be so sick of food by ther end of next week that I will once again be relieved to be back on a diet. At 3300 calories I do not know how you guys eat more than this I seem to be eating all day.

Anyway its time for amnother feed! Must go!

• 4 weeks later...

Worked really well for me dropped from 75 kg to 67.4 before coming off the cut. Then had a great 3.5 weeks bulking and enjoying life before full diet starts.

Will be doing it next year to keep things under control and in good condition!