Creatine and caffeine

Realtalk

Just started some creatine monohydrate. Havnt used this stuff in about 10 years! Brings back some good memories. Anyway I can remember when reading about it all the way back then that caffeine and citrus type drinks were basically in short - not good.

I'm not too worried about citrus type drinks because I just don't drink them but I usually have a 5-6 coffees a week. Not going to be hard to cut out but if I enjoy them so if no need then obviously better.

A decade is long time and shit can change with new studies and research so just asking what you guys know about this? I'm sure alot of people on here use creatine monohydrate.

Just take more creatine to compensate and make sure adequately hydrated. I think it's the diuretic effect of coffee that has the most negative impact on creatine effect.

The best thing about most creatine products now is they don't upset your stomach like the first versions used to.

Someone actually posted about this here a while back

Think it shows when you have 400mg+ caffeine pwo while on creatine there is a decrease in contractile strength compared to creatine alone.

Also I think that much caffeine decreases strength on its own. idk but never done many pr's on pwo if at all. You dont have any either so youll be sweet I guess.

Just started some creatine monohydrate. Havnt used this stuff in about 10 years! Brings back some good memories. Anyway I can remember when reading about it all the way back then that caffeine and citrus type drinks were basically in short - not good.

I'm not too worried about citrus type drinks because I just don't drink them but I usually have a 5-6 coffees a week. Not going to be hard to cut out but if I enjoy them so if no need then obviously better.

A decade is long time and shit can change with new studies and research so just asking what you guys know about this? I'm sure alot of people on here use creatine monohydrate.

I remember reading a while back about creatine load being responsible for muscle/tendon tears, can't find the original paper tho'...

When this topic last came up, it was explained that the orginal studies proving creatine's effectiveness were performed by dissolving creatine in black coffee. Clearly it can't be too detrimental.

And I think this was from our resident supplement guru at the time, Flex - so I'd be inclined to treat it as gospel until further evidence comes to light!

When this topic last came up, it was explained that the orginal studies proving creatine's effectiveness were performed by dissolving creatine in black coffee. Clearly it can't be too detrimental.

And I think this was from our resident supplement guru at the time, Flex - so I'd be inclined to treat it as gospel until further evidence comes to light!

I thought it was just that creatine had to be mixed with a hot drink as it dissolves better/faster than in cold drink when some of it just sat in the bottom of the glass even when it stirred well?