Meal plans

Viking-strongman

My meals, ingredients, recipes and also prepping is all over the place I'm not huge on macro or calorie counting I can't commit to it especially when the kids are home. What would you advise as a basic day of meals be? For someone to loose fat? 6ft 118 kgs and 26 years. I'm just shying away from ketogenic as i feel my workouts plumpet on almost no carbs, cut potatoes, basmati rice etc so starting to mix in oats etc.

In the morning, just go for a quick run if you have time.

Breakfast: weetbix with milk then a whey shake to go or eggs if you have time

Morning tea: a piece of fruit then whey shake

Lunch: Rice / kumara etc with meat or egg etc

Afternoon: Weetbix with milk and another shake

Pwo: shake

Dinner: Meat etc with carbs

Night: shake or other protein food thats nice

My meals, ingredients, recipes and also prepping is all over the place I'm not huge on macro or calorie counting I can't commit to it especially when the kids are home. What would you advise as a basic day of meals be? For someone to loose fat? 6ft 118 kgs and 26 years. I'm just shying away from ketogenic as i feel my workouts plumpet on almost no carbs, cut potatoes, basmati rice etc so starting to mix in oats etc.

Rice and potatoe fine. I'd add cardio in. Think better to cardio more than drop calories if you are bigger and at a decent level. I know if I was going to cut weight I would rather cardio twice per day and keep calories high to maintain strength rather than whittle away on a big deficit and no vardio where my workouts would suffer. Depends what level you want to get to though? And what you look like now 118kg can come in all shapes... Post what you currently eat and maybe pics.

In the morning, just go for a quick run if you have time.

Breakfast: weetbix with milk then a whey shake to go or eggs if you have time

Morning tea: a piece of fruit then whey shake

Lunch: Rice / kumara etc with meat or egg etc

Afternoon: Weetbix with milk and another shake

Pwo: shake

Dinner: Meat etc with carbs

Night: shake or other protein food thats nice

I gave some macros to gyzzbrah. Try those :) gyzzbrah sounds like he's just regurgitating advice given to him by a power lifter.

Rice and potatoe fine. I'd add cardio in. Think better to cardio more than drop calories if you are bigger and at a decent level. I know if I was going to cut weight I would rather cardio twice per day and keep calories high to maintain strength rather than whittle away on a big deficit and no vardio where my workouts would suffer. Depends what level you want to get to though? And what you look like now 118kg can come in all shapes... Post what you currently eat and maybe pics.

post-11442-0-64681200-1428262372_thumb.j

So this morning I had half a cup oats (raw measurement) a banana and a tablespoon peanut butter along with a coffee with 3 teaspoons instant coffee with Bluetop milk. For my pre. For my post I had 4x brown rice crackers and approx 15 almonds and 6x bcaa tabs. Just ran out of whey an creatine dammit. For lunch 3 whole eggs 2 whites small can pams smoked tuna, lettuce half tomato capsicum gherkins etc and on the agenda tonight will be a rack of mutton chops(9 med size ones) + half a head broccoli and couple cups silver beet. Sharing the chops with me daughter. Snacks are usually whole grain crisp bread with real butter and peanut butter or almonds and rice crackers etc etc.

So this morning I had half a cup oats (raw measurement) a banana and a tablespoon peanut butter along with a coffee with 3 teaspoons instant coffee with Bluetop milk. For my pre. For my post I had 4x brown rice crackers and approx 15 almonds and 6x bcaa tabs. Just ran out of whey an creatine dammit. For lunch 3 whole eggs 2 whites small can pams smoked tuna, lettuce half tomato capsicum gherkins etc and on the agenda tonight will be a rack of mutton chops(9 med size ones) + half a head broccoli and couple cups silver beet. Sharing the chops with me daughter. Snacks are usually whole grain crisp bread with real butter and peanut butter or almonds and rice crackers etc etc.

post-11442-0-57815800-1428278957_thumb.j

In case you are interested in my input, best food is always real food and if you really want results then it's worth the extra effort.

I think you should be eating more protein. Consider five meals (not sit down all you can eat meals) with a reasonable amount of protein at each one.

Keeping the protein in each meal will help keep you feeling satisfied longer and support muscle growth and recovery.

In case you are interested in my input, best food is always real food and if you really want results then it's worth the extra effort.

I think you should be eating more protein. Consider five meals (not sit down all you can eat meals) with a reasonable amount of protein at each one.

Keeping the protein in each meal will help keep you feeling satisfied longer and support muscle growth and recovery.

thanks for your input I consider all input I didn't put this post up for no criticism so appreciate it. I can't do the 5 meal thing it's usually 3 big meals and snacks in between of course if I know how to do it correctly I'll try prep again. P.s what's in my diet that's not real food?

thanks for your input I consider all input I didn't put this post up for no criticism so appreciate it. I can't do the 5 meal thing it's usually 3 big meals and snacks in between of course if I know how to do it correctly I'll try prep again. P.s what's in my diet that's not real food?

Its okay I get frustrated defending concepts and so if you are not comfortable with my concepts thats okay, I am pretty hard core in my approach and not everyone is prepared to go to the lengths I am or want to. But best practice is always gets the best results.

The real food comment was just a statement so you do not get sidetracked into substituting shakes for real food.

As for meals, thats just a quantum, what maybe a meal for me may just be a snak for you.

The 3 meals are probably fine. If that's all you can prepare it will have to be. I tend to think that when people say snacks this is where they eat real calorie dense foods with little nutritional value. Basically what I'm saying is yeah the snacks look ok macro wise on paper but it's just shit food most of the time. Rice cakes are packaged crap, crisp breads what's that like cruskets? Cause They are Shit. Then you put butter, peanut butter, cheese and whatever else and that's the problem where your calories from the snacks are more than your meals. It's Not what people eat who want to lean down eat. 5-6 meals a day is good for this reason so that you don't snack on these foods. Just my opinion. Agree with rebel that the stricte you are the better results you will get. Better meaning faster and likley to hold onto more muscle too even possibly build muscle simultaneously. If you do it half arsed then results be half arsed. You know what I mean?

FYI following what you already eat I would convert your nutrition to the following:

Breakfast

1/2 cup oats

3 whole eggs 2 whites

Morning tea

1 tin tuna mixed with mayonaise (low fat if possible) on rice cakes)

Lunch

Chicken and whatever salad you like

Afternoon Tea

As for morning tea

Tea

What ever meat you like and veges

This would be my starting recommendation. It certainly is not perfect but it is better than you are doing at the moment and it will suffice until you are ready to improve further. Really there is nothing here than you are already having and it certainly will not be time consuming to prepare.

Now lets get prepared for all the deconstructive feedback on my advise, as my comments are always critiqued.

Rebel101 close enough given situation. If I could add my 2c just get as much cleanish protein As you can over those 3 main meals try aim for 300ish grams of protein 200ish carbs and 90ish fat if you can bro. If you have to eat mutton chops eat it just cut off the fat otherwise u wasting ur time.drink 3l water a day cut down on the fizzy drinks..main thing just keep it simple..good luck bro.

Rebel, real talk and tyre I thank you for your advise they all seem like rather great pointers! Realtalk- yeah I knew cruskets were shit I eat them for no good reason other than avoid bread I used to eat rice cakes(I'm guessing plain ones) but got put off them, I guess I'll go back! What's wrong with butter and pb? What other strength trainers told me was that it's full of fats proteins and mins, vits etc and pb well I just love the shit.

Rebel-that little meal plan sounds really good but as I've ran outta protein and cre, is that stil suitable for post and pre?

Tyre-cheers mate I never have fizzy unless it's on cheat meal.

It's funny. I was a fat lard when I first started years ago weighing at 130 got down to 105 just boxing weights a couple times a week. Dropped the cardio and hit te weights hard and back up to 118(I guess you could say I dirty bulked)Now it's not bad thing I love being strong and relativly big but one of my goals are to actually see heavy definition lol.

Nothing is wrong with it bro. I just meant once u add all those things into a snack it doesn't really become a snack anymore. Well not always but usually only due to calories. Fats Yeah that's true but there are smarter ways to get your fats in a cutting diet than peanut spread. You have fish and avocado etc. I would probably have a few more carbs than what rebel suggested you are 118kg after all and not hugely fat. U still want to keep strength and muscle. Add cardio and make a few changes. Rice cakes are shit carb source just eat real rice. U get those bags or microwave rices they easy and good.

You can't win giving a diet people will always have differing opinions on a better or different way just like training programs. Make your changes and just be consistent.

Ok yeah it's amazing when your dumb ass figures out it IS diet. Working my ass off for years, Yep started adding in 30 min med to high intensity workouts at the end eg today was running 2 min walk 1(just givin up ciggys so lungs are repairing lol) and then 30 second bursts on full resistance for the bike. I understand what your saying getting 10 small things to make one big thing. So dinner tonight. Cup and half broccoli half onion Hal cup basmati rice (uncooked weight) bit of soy sauce garlic and sea salt butter to coat the pan. And of course mutton chops yuuuuum.

Nothing is wrong with it bro. I just meant once u add all those things into a snack it doesn't really become a snack anymore. Well not always but usually only due to calories. Fats Yeah that's true but there are smarter ways to get your fats in a cutting diet than peanut spread. You have fish and avocado etc. I would probably have a few more carbs than what rebel suggested you are 118kg after all and not hugely fat. U still want to keep strength and muscle. Add cardio and make a few changes. Rice cakes are shit carb source just eat real rice. U get those bags or microwave rices they easy and good.

You can't win giving a diet people will always have differing opinions on a better or different way just like training programs. Make your changes and just be consistent.

how much more carbs bro might do a rice cook up tonight and split it up for the day

Not sure bro depends how active you are during the day I suppose. I don't eat alot of rice so hard to tell you the measurements. But maybe a cup uncooked rice get you through a day. I'm really not sure bro, A palm full of rice for a serving be good maybe 1 and half Palm serves. If you want an exact carb/protein/fat and exavt calorie breakdown of what to eat I'm not the person to ask mate doesn't interest me so iv never really bothered to buy into it. Not hard to work out though.

Not sure bro depends how active you are during the day I suppose. I don't eat alot of rice so hard to tell you the measurements. But maybe a cup uncooked rice get you through a day. I'm really not sure bro, A palm full of rice for a serving be good maybe 1 and half Palm serves. If you want an exact carb/protein/fat and exavt calorie breakdown of what to eat I'm not the person to ask mate doesn't interest me so iv never really bothered to buy into it. Not hard to work out though.

do you use a counter or just know why your eating?