Miada Gym Auckland

bj

Have you had a negative experience with Dale at Miada?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had a negative experience with Dale at Miada?

• Yes
    • Yes, but no biggie
    • No

Today the owner of Miada gym cancelled my membership & threw me out of the gym because I mentioned that raising the pricing and changing the deal on signed up members who were loyal is a "bit cheeky".

Dale (the owner) is totally over-aggressive. When I said this he basically said because I was questioning the pricing he was going to cancel my membership.

Totally over the top, and a slight on small business in NZ. How can such an unbalanced person with no regard for their customers run a business? Should they be able to? Should they need a psyciatric exam before dealing with the public? This behaviours opens up all sorts of questions!

The only person holding that gym together was Dale's wife. A great person and super-easy going. BRING HER BACK!!!!! We all miss her!

On top of this (sorry to rant), he said the gym was "just a hobby, and doesn't make any money therefore I don't care if you are a member".

Well... what do I say to that? So what you are saying is this is a club for people that I get on with (ie. people that don't question)

Enough rant. Anyone had similar experience or the opposite with Miada?

One last thing - if you are thinking of joining for a cheap price - DON"T. Dale feels it's his right to change pricing like underwear.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have talked to him a couple fo times at different things, came across as a dickhead.

and have heard ALOT of peoples bad experiences with him :pfft:

I to know him 2guns and what you say is right. If you say NO than you are out but to be in this good books than say yes.

We've never used the gym so will stay out of that discussion.

We do buy a lot of product off miada and find Dale easy to talk to and full of information.

The other reason we deal with Miada is that they make their OWN products in NZ made from NZ ingrediants and the specs and results are good.Hate buying imported products that are overvalued due to marketing and overpriced due to transport cost. A lot of whey proteins are NZ milk products exported to US, processed then imported back.

I think prices can be changed without notice at a business owner's discretion. I guess though there are ways of going about this to minimise impact on custom and in turn business.

From the stories I have heard Dale doesn't exactly have great customer service skills.

The other reason we deal with Miada is that they make their OWN products in NZ made from NZ ingrediants and the specs and results are good.Hate buying imported products that are overvalued due to marketing and overpriced due to transport cost. A lot of whey proteins are NZ milk products exported to US, processed then imported back.

wasnt ther some talk a while back of miadas products not conataining wat they say they do... anyone confirm this?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I too was a member there for some time. Was great when he wasn't at the gym, but sucked big time when he was.

Moans about people dropping heavy weights on the rubber mat. Saw him through someone out cause they were'nt using a towel. Someone else's membership was cancelled (like post 1) due to the guy no smelling good enough!! I kid you not!

If you have a choice, never ever get involved with miada or join their gym. You will regret it. And as for the products - doesn't matter that they are made here. All tastes like shit and results aren't that good either.

Someone else's membership was cancelled (like post 1) due to the guy no smelling good enough!!

i wish les mills new lynn would do this! there is a guy there who is like a fucken skunk!!! i say skunk because he wears a newcastle soccer jersey which is black and white striped (same color as a skunk) he even twitches hardout! this is due to him being able to smell himself, and even when its busy as in that gym he always has a big space and no one near him.

a walking health hazard!

so im with dale on this one i have to say

its impossible to train and even breath!

Someone else's membership was cancelled (like post 1) due to the guy no smelling good enough!!

i wish les mills new lynn would do this! there is a guy there who is like a fucken skunk!!! i say skunk because he wears a newcastle soccer jersey which is black and white striped (same color as a skunk) he even twitches hardout! this is due to him being able to smell himself, and even when its busy as in that gym he always has a big space and no one near him.

a walking health hazard!

so im with dale on this one i have to say

its impossible to train and even breath!

I know who ya mean 2G's, he is rank.I have had dealings with Dale in a product buying sense and he is very helpful and the products I get work for me.

Fergie 01, You say you're not here to dis LM's clientelle but that is exactly what you are doing! I would be extremely careful making comments the way you have. It amazes me how rumours can get blown all out of proportion through the big mouths of certain people working at LM. I will confront you at the gym regarding this matter. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fergie 01, You say you're not here to dis LM's clientelle but that is exactly what you are doing! I would be extremely careful making comments the way you have. It amazes me how rumours can get blown all out of proportion through the big mouths of certain people working at LM. I will confront you at the gym regarding this matter. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Ooooo...wata a tuff guy :pfft: :pfft:

I know who ya mean 2G's, he is rank, mind you there is also more peolple LM's could do without, such as Grey haired elderly bloke, who shits on PT's behind there back and verbally promotes the use of steroids in the gym, but we are not here to dis LM's clientel,

fergie, i know i started this by saying about the guy who smells but my comment was true he actually does! i think u have taken it abit far...

the man u are talking about has nothing at all to do with the PTs at lesmills new lynn, so how could he shit on them behind their backs?

i think this situation comes down to PTs losing clients?? because the clients maybe realise they dont need the PT anymore, im sure most of the PTs there are just good for pissing in their clients ear to make them feel better about themselves imo

btw: if the PTs at les mills are worryed about clients they should do more than just have their bussiness card on the wall and maybe go and get known in the gym and help ppl out, id think thts how u would pick up clients and not by just sitting in the gym cafe stuffing your face.... just a thought or two for everybody :lol:

I totally agree 2Guns. I heard such a discussion by a guy sometime ago and have yet to see him again. I feel my comments may have been over the top and may have indicated that they came from someone that is a trusted and well known gym member/bodybuilder at LM's, this is not the case. In future I will keep my comments to myself or go straight to the horses mouth, the question now is who is going to tell that guy about his BO.....takers...

Just to set the record straight, there was nor will there be any confrontation. I was hoping to talk to Fergie01 regarding the accusations. This is what I meant by saying I would be confronting him but 2guns has said it for me, thanks buddy. Just goes to show how gossip can get out of hand. We go to the gym and train our arses off, often get asked for advice from other members (and the odd PT) As a bodybuilder we look different from the average gym rat, so are quite often asked about nutrition and training. I personally like sharing my knowledge, and I don't see anything wrong with that!

Just to set the record straight, there was nor will there be any confrontation. I was hoping to talk to Fergie01 regarding the accusations. This is what I meant by saying I would be confronting him but 2guns has said it for me, thanks buddy. Just goes to show how gossip can get out of hand. We go to the gym and train our arses off, often get asked for advice from other members (and the odd PT) As a bodybuilder we look different from the average gym rat, so are quite often asked about nutrition and training. I personally like sharing my knowledge, and I don't see anything wrong with that!

.......well said.......