Strength gains 5/3/1 (TG)

tyreguy

So you just sit down with the weight that's how you ditch the bar. The safety bars should only be a setting down from the depth you come to. Iv never understood some people whose bar lowers a foot in the squat and the safety bars are set 4 foot lower lol. So I usually just drop forward onto one of my knees the gap between the barbell and the bars is only minimal in when in the hole (not too close though, hitting them will throw you off and can injure your back) so there is no real velocity throwing you into the ground from the bar dropping. It's not a nice feeling but just do it once with light weight and will buld confidence for when you gotta do it for real eith a heavy weight.

So you just sit down with the weight that's how you ditch the bar. The safety bars should only be a setting down from the depth you come to. Iv never understood some people whose bar lowers a foot in the squat and the safety bars are set 4 foot lower lol. So I usually just drop forward onto one of my knees the gap between the barbell and the bars is only minimal in when in the hole (not too close though, hitting them will throw you off and can injure your back) so there is no real velocity throwing you into the ground from the bar dropping. It's not a nice feeling but just do it once with light weight and will buld confidence for when you gotta do it for real eith a heavy weight.

strong advice, scary to fail first few times, im mostly sweet with it now, more pissed off than anything when it happens

what i got my gf to do was practice some fails with just bar (practicing fails sounds stupid but its mental thing) failing with bar is the same as failing with weight, just place bar on safetys and do gumby roll out

easier said than done i still hate it and automatically pussy out of heavy squats sometimes when it feels heavy on way down, but trying hard to just follow through and fail if need be, then at least i know its a genuine fail and not wondering if i should have continued

strong advice, scary to fail first few times, im mostly sweet with it now, more pissed off than anything when it happens

what i got my gf to do was practice some fails with just bar (practicing fails sounds stupid but its mental thing) failing with bar is the same as failing with weight, just place bar on safetys and do gumby roll out

easier said than done i still hate it and automatically pussy out of heavy squats sometimes when it feels heavy on way down, but trying hard to just follow through and fail if need be, then at least i know its a genuine fail and not wondering if i should have continued

Week 5 day 2

Flat Bench press

Warm up. 47.5 x5, 57.5 x5, 67.5 x3.

Then

72.5 -5

R2M

85 -5

R2M

94.5 @AMRAP which was 6 went for 7 and failed.

Assistance exercises

5x10 @ 60kg.

Did Military and bench back to back earlier on this morning.

Week 5 Day 3

Backsquat

Warmup.  60x5,    75x5,   90x3

Then

97-5

111-5

AMRAP@126  which was 5..

Assistance Exercises

126-2,    126-1,    126-1.

5x10 @ 75kg Backsquat. 2min rest in between, kept good form throughout.

Will be doing Big but boring for assistance now, no more gym

save money.

Week 5 Day 4

Deadlift

Warmup.    72x5,    90x5,    108x3

Then

117-5

135-5

AMRAP @ 153 which was 4

I probably could of got a couple more, but right hamstring a bit twingy, started on me after warm up, so I foam rolled and static stretched in between 2nd set of warm up onwards. 

Assistance Exercises

5x10.   Deadlift Conventional  @ 80kg, mean lower back pump, struggled to put plates back on rack afterwards lol.

Week 6 day 1

Military Press

Warm up.    Shoulder rolls, stretch etc.    26x5,   33x5,   39x3

Then

46-3

53-3

AMRAP @ 60kg  which was 7.

Assistance Exercises

60-5,    60-3.

5x10   35kg Military press.

Week 6 Day 2

Bench press

Warm up,   stretch.    44x5,   55x5,   66x3

Then

77-3

89-3

AMRAP@ 100 which was 4

Assisistance Exercises

Bench press

110-1 paused, (grinder)

So mixed up both CG, and WG...2sets and 3 sets respectively all paused

60x10,    65x10,    65x10,    65x10,    65x10.

Peace.

Week 6 Day 3

Back Squat

Warm up.    stretch etc,   59x5,    75x5,    110x3

Then

105-3

120-3

AMRAP @ 135 which was 4

Assistance Exercises.    Backsquat with belt

135x1

135x2 failed on second rep

135x4 RPE 9

135x2 failed on 3rd rep

135x3 (2nd & 3rd rep) Bit bent over on way up on 2nd and 3rd

but grinded it out  RPE 10

135-1   (unintentional 2second pause) was supposed to bail/fail out of it but I said to myself f*ck it!! get it back up lol

Note on fails:  Feeling a bit more comfortable in the hole, knowing that I can now let the bar and weight slip off my back, the 1st one caught the back of my belt a little bit  sort of yanked me back a bit. Other fails I just lean/skip forward. Gives me confidence moving forward.

5x10 @ 80 Back Squat.

Body is good all round no niggles, Deads tomorrow afternoon.

Peace

Week 7 day 2 (evening 5:30pm)

Bench press

Slight variation on programme/ but same really

Warm up

12x40, 5x80, 8x60

Then

AMRAP @105 which was 5

Benchpress I did this way cos I feel like I gone backwards of late..it is slight improvement from last time..maybe because trained in evening and feel stronger..(scratching head)..Anyway ill stop being fgt lol

Then. 105x3, 105x2, 105x2

105x3, 105x2, 100x3

90x6, 80x5

Big but boring (all good though)

5x10 60kg 2set CG..3set WG.

Week 7 Day 3

Squat

Warm up. 60-5, 75x5, 90x3

Then

111-5

126-3

120-3 x 3 only went down on these to safetys (touch below parallel). Tom (Realtalk) Give me pointers which I have taken on board learning to bail, just have to lean forward slightly and weight goes onto safetys easy, 1st time I done this.

AMRAP @ 145 which was only 1, no good but early days.

Edit..reason for one measley rep is bad form..not activating my hamstrings in comming back up..plenty to work on. So many variables come into play that I guess I just over think shit

Ran out of time for Assistance, woke up at 5am instead of 4am

Gonna give it heaps tomorrow for deads!! Now hamstrings gonna get get good old fsshion thrashing lol

Week 7 day 3..take 2

Back squat

Wasnt happy with yesterdays half arse effort and poor technique

Warmup 60x5, 80x5,

Then 120x7...5sets PR

145x1

145x0 fail onto safetys.

Went to Anzac Parade..kids saw old tank jeeps etc and helicopter land in middle of the road..buzzing.

Week 7 day 4

Deadlift

Warmup. 75x5, 90x5, 110x3

Then

135-5

155-5

AMRAP @ 175 which was 6

slight doms in lower back & hamstrings still so put on belt for last set.

Lower back still sore flagged accessories. Much back foam rolls and stretching tonight..peace