Taking lunch to work

The Legend Killer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does that mean you'll support the few poor hard done by students who don't waste the little cash they have on booze?

:pfft:

Let me think about this, I mean, what do I get in return?

Signage?

Naming rights?

Your first born? :shock:

"Muscles powered by Rose" :thankyou:

So does that mean you'll support the few poor hard done by students who don't waste the little cash they have on booze?

Signage?

Naming rights?

Sure thing, you get all of the above. I am more than happy to sell my soul too, if required. :) Not sure it would be much use to you though, considering my destined profession...

Signage?

Naming rights?

Sure thing, you get all of the above. I am more than happy to sell my soul too, if required. :) Not sure it would be much use to you though, considering my destined profession...

Whut - you're going to be a lawyer and have already sold both your first-born and your soul to the debbil ? :grin:

Whut - you're going to be a lawyer and have already sold both your first-born and your soul to the debbil ? :grin:

Ah, but you see she's no doubt studied up on the matter, and confirmed that the phrase "Sure thing, you get all of the above" does not a binding contract make ;)

Ah, but you see she's no doubt studied up on the matter, and confirmed that the phrase "Sure thing, you get all of the above" does not a binding contract make ;)

:pfft: Well no, its not technically a binding contract considering rose has not specified the extent of her 'financial support' she is willing to provide me in return for my soul and first born, and there is no means to reasonably calculate this figure in the agreement. Apart from that though.... :grin:

Meh, first borns and souls are overated anyway. Or so i'm concluding at 21 yrs of age. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

I eat most my food at work, so keep all storable goods in my draw (Oats, Chop Chop, Tuna) plus a stash of eggs.

Otherwise I'll take a couple of containers filled with chicken, kumara and steam veg which have been cooked the night before.

I find it a bit of a mission not to eat it all at the time though :pfft:

I also eat half of my meals at work, and have a drawer full of food (tins of tuna, protein powder, tins of chickpeas, beans, ryvitas). I'm glad I'm not a guy trying to get big though - that seems to require a hell of a lot of food to lug in all the time. My brother used to do bodybuilding back in the early-mid 90s and he always seemed to have a giant bag of food to take to work each day.

I don't bother with cooking food for my work meals - I usually just have a tin of tuna (often Thai chilli flavour, which is probably a bit bad, but oh so yum, and I figure if I eat it straight from the can and not on a ryvita or something, then that makes up for the extra carbs, even though they're sugar carbs which I can't justify), and protein shake during the day, and also something light like peanut butter half tortilla after my workout.

If I'm only going to have one proper full meal type meal a day, I prefer it to be dinner, which is after my workout, and also I can share it with my hubby. The rest of the time I don't seem to need anything more than just a tin of tuna or a shake. Although I really love my food, I'm not bothered with lunch - it's just fuel really.

:lol: I try to eat just enough - enough so that I have plenty of energy for the gym, but also so that I'm good and hungry when I get home for my dinner, which I will have been looking forward to all day.

It's a bit of a balancing act though - in the last few years I got into bad eating habits at work, with eating too many proper meals so as not to get blood sugar drops which I used to get fairly frequently. I was so worried about making sure that I ate enough that I ended up eating too much, and putting on 10+kg!

So I've been working this year to get it right, and at the moment it's working for me - and considering i sit on my butt in an office all day til gym time, I don't need a great deal!

• 2 years later...
Was looking for some inspiration and ideas for my lunches ... searched and found this gold mine of a thread.

It is worth bumping up again.

Am finding it hard in a foreign country to eat well, regularly. It seems I need to buy more Tupperware!

Grab a couple of packs of these suckers from the supermarket. They're so cheap that you won't care if you lose/break one but they actually last for years. Real handy.

300.jpg

How watertight are those seals, Diab0lic? I see it says for "soups and salads" - but could you really use it to transport liquid?

The seals are water tight but the lids can potentially pop off when being jostled around in your bag, etc.

I would use a container with lockable lid for transporting soups, etc but these are fine to store them in. Fine to transport non-liquid stuff too. They also come in a range of sizes and shapes. I've got tonnes of them. Good for storing dry food in your pantry too not just for taking food to work

I eat three meals at work.

Meal 1: 250g chicken breast, 1 cup cooked brown rice, 1/2 avocado, oninon

Meal 2: 6 Egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 1 cup mix veges

Meal 3: 250g chicken breast, 1 cup mix veges, ground flax seed

I'm currently dieting though

I also like to snack to almonds, I have a office job so it's easy to continuously eat :lol:

I've taken to buying a large 1 - 2kg roast, usually NZ bolar beef. Roast it up on Sunday, then I've got a supply of red MEAT all week.

I usually plastic box up a big salad with mixed seeds, feta and homemade olive oil vinaigrette, with big ol chunks of meat. Add fruit or potatoes on carb days.

If I've got no meat I'll put 3-4 wholes free ranges eggs in my lunchbox. Roast beef for lunch makes your colleagues jelly every time.