Taking lunch to work

The Legend Killer

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many bodybuilders I know (even professional ones) bring their own meals with them. The usually pack them in Tupperware so its easy to heat up and easily quantified. One staple that I usually see them carry with them for carb is rice or baked potato. Protein and vege varies quite a bit for everyone, but broccoli and spinach is common. For protein, tuna, stir fried beef, baked chicken, etc. I am surprised to see them eat the same food day in and day out without getting tired of them.

I love0021.gif tupperware. Those Glad-plastic container doodackies are of equal awesomeness. Does your work have a fridge/freezer and microwave?

3 of my 6 meals are at work (brekky at home). I just cook my meals that I'd usually have, pack them into a cooler bag, fill a drink bottle and off I go :grin:

I've found having a few cans of tuna/some protein powder in a lil tupperware thingee and some nuts left at work help out when I've forgotten something or need a little extra on top of my meals. It means I don't resort to the evil snack box or the cafe down the road.

Poos, I was just like you when I was really into bodybuilding (I am a retired bodybuilder now). I Ha d 6 meals a day and about half of them would be in the office. My meals would be boring and tasteless as I was not a good cook. Funny thing is that no matter how bad the food was, I always found my tupperware had been opened and some of my food had been eaten by some mischievious office mates. It got to a point where sometimes half of my food would be eaten by these monkeys! To overcome this, I one day in front of everyone took all my food and started spitting in them (not gobful..just going through the motions). I told them I am going to do this everyday to my food in the tupperware. My food has not been touched since. I now have my own office with my own fridge which is nice. But I miss the good old days when I folks stole each others food in the office. I was guilty of this offence too!

• 9 months later...

Chicken and veg, Chicken and veg, Chicken and veg, Chicken and veg!!!!

Usually some protein shakes as well

Unfortunately I have to take up to 10 meals with me sometimes because of been away from home overnight. The other downside is all meals are eaten cold because have no way to heat them in the plastic containers :(

Can't believe I've never had food poisoning :grin:

WL

every morning i buy my food for the day,big on the lite ingams chicken breasts at the moment,they are not dry like a normal uncooked breast.I'm a bit over tuna and rice at the moment but usually have that a fair bit too.I have a fridge,blender, microwave and a george forman grill at work, don't leave home with out it folks.

all food is prepared at work.

for carbs i have mixed veges,wholemeal pasta,oats,fruit and yougurt.

protein shakes and bars get used a fair bit.Also amino acids and fish oil caps are easy to have.

I take the same thing every day to work.

800 grams (to 1kg) chicken breast - Plain. (My day is a nightmare without this!)

300 grams brown rice - in th pouches.

3 apples - need some sugers to keep me sane.

Large bowl of Porridge with Almonds

6 Scrambled eggs

2 brown rolls

Salad - Cabbage mainly

Black Coffee :pray:

Protein shake - 40grams with glutamine.

10 Flaxseed tablets

8 Kre Alkaline pills

4 NOS tablets.

I do work for a gym though, so they are a little more understanding than most workplaces. I also eat ever hour to two hours minimum.

slice your chicken thinly and coat in some corn flour (set aside).fry a few diced shallots and garlic and ginger in few TBS oil (i use peanut for this one) off over med/high heat ,shallots have a bit of moisture so be patient and dont let em burn , add a 1/4erd onion , capsicum , anything in season is great basically what ever does it for ya asparagus, carrot , bok choi the variations are huge . a lil crushed chilli is nice if you like once your veges are tender transfer to a dish , if yourve got anything stickin to your wok/pan give it a quick scrub/clean and return to heat add a lil oil and add chicken, being thin sliced it wont take to long to cook , add veges and a ctn chicken stock and heat to a boil , remove from heat and serve or cool down and put in your lunch box for later bon apitite :wink:

Cheers for the recipie. Wayyy too time consuming tho! I need a new GF :lol:

Haha Burgerking? Yeah had it for the first time in years the other night, was my cheat day so thought all that saturated fat may help shock my matobolism a bit. Don't know if it helped though, I feel fatter now :evil: Maybe its just a mental thing :lol:

Im lucky to be able to have lunch at home nearly every day of the week. So I can either cook something but I uisually save that till dinner. So I just have a can of tuna or salmon with either vegetables steamed or a salad and cottage cheese. Some fat free dressing and if I didnt have oatmeal a slice of vogels soy and linseed bread.

On the few times I have to be away from home Im usually in a lab where eating is frowned upon if its too messy and unpackaged. I discovered cans of chicken here and am able to get away with gobbling that down quickly and taking in a protein bar. Tuna and salmon tend to smell strongly in close quarters!

my lunch bag normally has 3x tupperwares with 100g rice (when it's on-the-plan) or 120g chicken or tuna in, and 1x tupperware with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 100g beef...along with apples, flaxseed caps and supps. Protein powder, malto and creatine live in the drawer in my office - and having a desk job means I don't have to keep it in the back of the truck, or backpack, or whatever....

There's flavour on the chook - I think I know every herb and spice New World has to offer - and sometimes a half-teaspoon of eg chili or satay sauce in there too.

I have been known to take those Watties m'wave steamed veggie sachets - will prob do more of that in the winter when hot food is nice :)

Sure, it gets boring, but that means my cheat meal can be about flavour, rather than just about carbs-n-calories.

Still haven't tried chicken-in-a-can, what's the views out there?

2 whole roast chicken

750gm pasta (dry weight) with 2 tin tomato and 1 cup XV olive oil

500gm lean ground beef

2 cups (dry measure) basmati or brown rice

2 tins tuna

2 large kumera or potato

1/2 loaf rice and rye bread with peanut butter

some bananas, apples, greens and almonds

Cheers for the recipie. Wayyy too time consuming tho! I need a new GF :lol:

Haha Burgerking? Yeah had it for the first time in years the other night, was my cheat day so thought all that saturated fat may help shock my matobolism a bit. Don't know if it helped though, I feel fatter now :evil: Maybe its just a mental thing :lol:

bro it takes me like 10-15 mins tops :pfft: