Haters gone hate (Gymrat Bibby)

M.T

Gymrat spotted in an ipf rat hole... Hope you lads fixed that squat of rattys.

wonder how he got there after flightcentre scammed him and ripped him off lol 

what happened?

he asked them for sponsorship, they said theyl give him some good deals (like prob added him to a mailing list for specials or whatever)

he took this to mean they are sponsoring him i think.

so when he tried to get some free flights they said no (as any business would lol)

nek minnit hes going round telling people they scammed/conned him and ripped him off.

he even showed his mum the email they sent him and she agrees they scammed him

people on his new forum are divided between trolling him and lapping up all his bs

what happened to gymrat?

he used to live on here then i come on one day and he gone

I think if you go back and read the last few pages of his journal, you'll get a pretty good picture. Certainly not our finest moment, although I guess there were frustrations on both sides.

When you consider how long he'd been a member here, and how much we'd tried to help him (including setting up and donating to a Givealittle page for him), it's just a real shame that it ended the way it did.

Having seen him bag his previous trainers, gyms, employers, and "sponsors", I fully expect that Gymnation has been added to the long list of those who have wronged him. It's never ideal having your name dragged through the mud, but hopefully his audience will be able to read between the lines.

I feel like the forum is heading in the right direction since gymrats departing, with people putting their time and energy on the forum into more informative posts. Rather than just feeding his ego problem or ripping him to pieces whichever side of the fence you were on. He was a huge distraction which really gave no one any benefit. There have been some good threads lately which I have enjoyed learning and contributing in, I felt like the forum just turned into gymratnation for a while there. Started to wear abit thin.

I felt like the forum just turned into gymratnation for a while there. Started to wear abit thin.

I hear ya, Tom! :D

And yes... I totally agree. It's certainly a relief not to have to manage the constant issues that surrounded him. While I'd have preferred it to end more amicably, I think his departure was probably healthy for everyone.

people putting their time and energy on the forum into more informative posts ... There have been some good threads lately which I have enjoyed learning and contributing in

Actually, someone sent me a PM a couple of days ago saying the exact same thing. That's good to hear. So thanks to you and everyone else for the contributions.

I felt like the forum just turned into gymratnation for a while there. Started to wear abit thin.

I hear ya, Tom! :D

And yes... I totally agree. It's certainly a relief not to have to manage the constant issues that surrounded him. While I'd have preferred it to end more amicably, I think his departure was probably healthy for everyone.

people putting their time and energy on the forum into more informative posts ... There have been some good threads lately which I have enjoyed learning and contributing in

Actually, someone sent me a PM a couple of days ago saying the exact same thing. That's good to hear. So thanks to you and everyone else for the contributions.

agreed

i was starting to think this place was doomed with GR and was only posting to troll him, didnt see much other value but since hes gone there has been so many good threads heaps around strength training etc and i've learnt heaps.

hopefully this forum picks up again and more good posters join now that its not just rainmanvseveryoneelsenation.co.nz

Yeah I agree. While I didn't know GR as  im fairly new here I could see a lot of guys were trying to help him and can understand the frustrations when he would go against everyones advice. The forum was definitely heading nose first into the water with some of the topics but lately its been an awesome place. Theres a lot of respect here now and I think that's encouraging for new members .  Good luck to GR on his new forum and for his future in bodybuilding .

Yeah I agree. While I didn't know GR as  im fairly new here I could see a lot of guys were trying to help him and can understand the frustrations when he would go against everyones advice. The forum was definitely heading nose first into the water with some of the topics but lately its been an awesome place. Theres a lot of respect here now and I think that's encouraging for new members .  Good luck to GR on his new forum and for his future in bodybuilding .

Since you have been writing in bold/italics ive been reading your posts in morgan freemans voice srs