Soundsgood Lifting heavy sh*t

soundsgood

Had a few months off heavy lifting as I toyed with the idea of returning to the Bodybuilding stage, then got into the NZ strongest man circuit. But my true love is Powerlifting. The GPC world champs are in Las Vegas in September. Instead of trying to cut weight to make the lighter weight classes I will be trying to bulk out and be as heavy as I can be in the Under 125 class.

Im around 120kg at the moment so plenty of weight to play with. I'm 175cm tall

Best comp lifts are 350 squat, 212.5 bench, 290 Deadlift. All PBs except for deads which I have pulled 300 in training.

Hoping to push Squat out to 362.5 which would be good enough for current World record, bench around 225 and add heaps to my dead. 312.5 would put me on 900 (assuming I get the other lifts) which is the goal total but really need to push out to 320 to be safe.

Any way I thought Id use this journal to post some videos in this section, probably some selfies too.

Heres a couple of lifting videos from the last couple of days

Squatting 260kg x 3 reps in knee sleeves + 240kg x 8 in knee wraps

Bench pressing 140kg x 19 reps

Had a few months off heavy lifting as I toyed with the idea of returning to the Bodybuilding stage, then got into the NZ strongest man circuit.  But my true love is Powerlifting.  The GPC world champs are in Las Vegas in September.  Instead of trying to cut weight to make the lighter weight classes I will be trying to bulk out and be as heavy as I can be in the Under 125 class.

Im around 120kg at the moment so plenty of weight to play with.  I'm 175cm tall

Best comp lifts are 350 squat, 212.5 bench, 290 Deadlift.  All PBs except for deads which I have pulled 300 in training.

Hoping to push Squat out to 362.5 which would be good enough for current World record, bench around 225 and add heaps to my dead.  312.5 would put me on 900 (assuming I get the other lifts) which is the goal total but really need to push out to 320 to be safe.

Any way I thought Id post some videos in this section, probably some selfies too.  

Heres a couple of lifting videos from the last couple of days 

Squatting 260kg x 3 reps in knee sleeves + 240kg x 8 in knee wraps

Bench pressing 140kg x 19 reps

Hey, Soundsgood. How much did you pay for your knee wraps? They are bloody expensive at Rebels. Do they actually help with squats? I've never used the before. 

Knee Wraps cost $50 from here

http://kiwi-strength.com/product/2m-light-strong-mofo-knee-wraps/

There are new one available from Kiwi-strength too, including some camo ones Im gonna get.  There are different grades of wraps you can get.  I wouldn't try jump straight into Heavy duty comp wraps without playing in training wraps first

Ive been squatting heavy for 18 years so knees are a bit dodgy .  I didnt touch wraps or sleeves until about 4 years ago but after heavy sessions I would limp around around with sore knees for a couple of days after squats.

Now I wont squat without at least knee sleeves.  I start in sleeves then progress up to knee wraps at around 260kg.  The tighter I crank them the more I can get out of them.  And Im fine the following day.

If you want to start hitting higher and higher squat numbers I would definitely recommend using them

I reckon it would have to be 30-40kg over no sleeves. Maybe 10-20 over sleeves

I guess we will find out next week when I push myself at the Rotorua Classic.

It will be interesting to see what I deadlift seeing as I've deadlifted heavy only 3 times since nationals last year. 1 of them being in the push/pull in December lol

Chuck This in here too

Body weight bench for reps

32 x 115kg

Depleted a little bit of water and food so I would be a few kg lighter. Don't know if it affected strength. Pretty happy with 32 reps of anything as I never go that high

That's pretty bloody impressive. Your definitely the winner.

• 2 weeks later...