Body fat 20%

Xeon

Top marks for honesty, bro. And why not - got to be in to win! :D

20% is a bit higher than ideal, but it's hard to comment further without knowing where you've come from, and what your goals are. Tell us a bit more about your training, and then we can give more appropriate feedback.

Top marks for honesty, bro. And why not - got to be in to win! :D

20% is a bit higher than ideal, but it's hard to comment further without knowing where you've come from, and what your goals are. Tell us a bit more about your training, and then we can give more appropriate feedback.

I have been working out since 2001, on and off (sometimes stopped for a couple of months; sometimes did only cardio for a few months)...

About half a year ago I decided to do better, and increased workout frequency - only have 30-40 minutes on most days, but try to go every day, with body divided into 4 groups and rotating workout. Half the time I do heavy weights for strength, the other half I do light weights for endurance and muscle size. I do almost no cardio now (due to limited time). My work (software development) does not involve any real physical movement either.

My supplements include whey protein, casein protein, (occasionally) fat burner, pre-workout, and (occasionally) BCAA. I cannot really take creatine as I have gout.

I have never followed any diet plan, but won't mind follow one casually - cannot do it all the time as I like eating and I dine with family and friends every meal.

Any advice on how to lose the fat around the core given my circumstances? Also would like to lose that little bit of man boobs.

I like eating and I dine with family and friends every meal.

I think you've pinpointed the problem there. :P

Seriously - it's hard to counter a bad diet through your training, especially if you've got limited training time anyway. My day job is totally desk-bound too, but with a little attention to the diet, there's no reason you can't still have abs.

If you don't want to follow a specific diet, all I can suggest in general terms are:

- smaller portion sizes

- watch the fat content

- lower the carbs

TBH, sitting at 20% indicates you're eating more than you need to, so probably a simple reduction across the board would make quite a difference anyway.

I like eating and I dine with family and friends every meal.

I think you've pinpointed the problem there. :P

Seriously - it's hard to counter a bad diet through your training, especially if you've got limited training time anyway. My day job is totally desk-bound too, but with a little attention to the diet, there's no reason you can't still have abs.

If you don't want to follow a specific diet, all I can suggest in general terms are:

- smaller portion sizes

- watch the fat content

- lower the carbs

TBH, sitting at 20% indicates you're eating more than you need to, so probably a simple reduction across the board would make quite a difference anyway.

Thanks for the great advice!

I have started paying a bit attention to my diet today, by cutting off snacks / junk food as much as possible (I eat A LOT of junk...) and avoiding fatty food.

Portion-wise I don't eat much every meal really, but will avoid that extra supper before bed.

Aiming at 15%!!

Br0 your not fking 20% lol, and I can see your abs clearly.

Unless you really are 20%, and that would make me... I don't even want to know.

Br0 your not fking 20% lol, and I can see your abs clearly.

Unless you really are 20%, and that would make me... I don't even want to know.

I would have said he was 20percent plus lol, anything above 15ish is fat anyways

Guys, 20% is the average, the core is actually over 30% hahaha!! (Used to be 45%!!!)

Your not very good at maths for an asian are you. Also if you were 45% you would be morbidly obese. Me thinks you have image disorder ;)

Your not very good at maths for an asian are you. Also if you were 45% you would be morbidly obese. Me thinks you have image disorder ;)

This, so funny!!! :D

I had high cortisol for a few years, which I think might have caused a fat core. It used to be so big that people did not believe I worked out.

• 2 months later...

I had high cortisol for a few years, which I think might have caused a fat core. It used to be so big that people did not believe I worked out.

Hey Xeon,

Could you please tell me why you had high cortisol levels?

I reckon if you dieted better, more of your muscle definition would show. You just have a bit of baby fat covering them, that's all. Gyzznizzle's right, you can see some of the outlines of your abs. Like I said though, if you diet better, your abs would be more prominent too.

Best of luck on your fitness journey. 

To be Real to you mate,

Stop scoffing shit food if you eat shit you will look like a piece of shit! srs

Just eat clean and healthy small portions at a time, f*ck this Brady bunch i like eating and i dine with friends and family each meal shit, i suppose they all 20%ers too huh??

Youe wasting your money on supps if you continue to eat and train like you do BUT hey your probably one of those guys who knows it all and has all the excuses too!

If you are serious about losing that shit bin, work the diet and training into your lifestyle eat clean, if you don't have time at the gym for cardio go for a brisk walk after work or before as your cardio, spend your money on healthy foods e.g. meats/veges/fruit not protein powders.

All the best to do Xeon i hope you do well gotta start somewhere mate good for you if you want to make the change!

• 3 months later...