isagenix

inzid

Hi there,

Sorry if this is in the incorrect area.

Firstly I have lost 30kgs in the gym loving my progress and everything HOWEVER my PT trainer has now gone on something called isagenix. Now my trainer is/was a bit of an asshole. There were some times I didnt want to go down because of this. Ever since he has started taking this stuff he is a different person. Hes not stressed and he feels amazing. Hes like 10kg in 22days from this stuff and I just wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

Here is the website

Basically you pay $700 NZD for the first 30 days which includes proteins, bars, cleansing suppliments.. everything you need for the first 30 days. 

The things that are putting me off are the following

1. Cleansing - I dont know a great deal about cleansing - I know the basic stuff about it however If I was to just do the 30 days and then go back to eating healthy and gyming I'd like to know if I was going to put that weight back on or not??

2. The price - however if you sign people up (2 people + ) you will make your 700 dollars back so that part is appealing due to the fact I can make the money back and there isnt much to lose money wise.

Has anybody been on something like this or is on isagenix? I know it works because ive seen the results for myself as there is around 10-12 people at the gym doing it and the results are amazing but If anybody has been on something like this involving cleansing and they stop doing it then do you just suddenly start putting on the weight again?

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask questions as I said im new here and just want to get any advice possible.

Thanks

Hi inzid. First of all, congratulations on the 30kg weight loss. It sounds to me like you're making great progress without dropping $700 on supplements.

1) Be wary of "cleansing". It's a catchy marketing term, but it means very little - much like "detoxing".

2) I don't know how you're you're getting for $700 but that seems like a hell of a lot of money to me. I'd question whether the supplements you're buying will do what they say they will ("cleansing"?) - and if so, can you get the same thing cheaper elsewhere?

Call me sceptical, but if you can make $700 just by signing up two more suckers customers, and your gym has 10-12 people doing it, then I'm not surprised that your PT is feeling good! :D

people who actually fall for this shit are fucking idiots (not sorry) and deserve to be ripped off every single penny.

i will sell u 700$ worth of magic beans that will make you put on 50kg of muscle and lose 50kg of fat for 300$ one time only offer today, pm me for bank details

they may make you more relaxed and potentially less indian though so be wary (noracist)

edit also the more magic the pill seems, the less it is actually going to do, thats a rule.

people who actually fall for this shit are fucking idiots (not sorry) and deserve to be ripped off every single penny.

i will sell u 700$ worth of magic beans that will make you put on 50kg of muscle and lose 50kg of fat for 300$ one time only offer today, pm me for bank details

they may make you more relaxed and potentially less indian though so be wary (noracist)

edit also the more magic the pill seems, the less it is actually going to do, thats a rule.

pm sent

PTs by nature of the job are supposed to be arseholes.... How else are they gonna get you to do shit that you wouldn't do if they weren't there?

So, with that in mind, do ya really believe a product that makes them nice could actually be a good thing?

PTs by nature of the job are supposed to be arseholes.... How else are they gonna get you to do shit that you wouldn't do if they weren't there?

So, with that in mind, do ya really believe a product that makes them nice could actually be a good thing?

You can see still get people to do stuff if you're friendly and motivating, fill up their head with confidence/bullshit that they can do it/you believe in them and you'd be amazed. 

... Hes not stressed and he feels amazing. Hes like 10kg in 22days from this stuff and I just wanted to get peoples opinions on this.

Did he lose a leg in a frightening accident involving the leg press?

How do you determine his mental state?  Okay, what colour am I thinking of?

I'm not inclined to believe anything this PT has to say.  I have a sneaky feeling he wants to make money...

wouldnt it just be better buying a tonne of veges and making juice out of them? thats essentially what there selling you. and it would be alot cheaper aswell doing it yourself. I mean for a little more effort you save shitloads

^^This.

Get a tray of eggs and bottle of bourbon with the savings.  Kaching!!

seeing more and more people pushing this on fb "having gr8 results, pm me if interested!"

Have yet to see this, but I am seeing a lot of cunts promoting some kind of wrapping thing that "firms the tummy and removes bodyfat"

Thats bullshit, everyone knows only the shaker weight can do that.

Can we embed gifs? 

http://img.pandawhale.com/47603-kristen-wiig-shake-weight-gif-XkcU.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Had a colleague trying to sell this isagenix to me also. Basically explained it to me as a detox that breaks down all the heavy shit that your body isn't designed to process fully also rids your system of pollutants like pesticides in your food blah blah.

He then told me the cost - I asked him why not just go and buy a bottle of Cyclo Clenz for $40 that pretty much does the same thing !!!

• 1 month later...

Isagenix is muli-level marketing, therefore they are in it for the $$. Consultants don't know much about the product. Fair enough, they got training however their knowledge is not so in-depth, and they do not have the ability to consult based on the person's personal requirements. And obviously no matter what the person's personal requirements are, they will only sell Isagenix products, when there may be better products out there, or the client may not need a product at all. 

As mentioned in an earlier post 'cleansing' is a fancy term for 'detox'. Personally, I don't believe in this cleansing/detox hype (including juice cleansing, etc). I've seen so many friends of mine do cleansing/detox over and over. They are basically yo-yo dieters doing more harm than good. Worst still, is that this cleansing hype makes them feel like they are doing well when in fact they are in the yo-yo dieting cycle.

Good nutrition is not only diet (food not living on powders) but lifestyle and exercise is well. Isagenix consultants are salespeople, not people qualified or experienced to make recommendation based on the persons situation and goals.