lynx

Workout 11-1-14

Leg Press 10 reps 2 Sets @  75kg

10 reps 2 Sets @ 115kg

10 reps 2 Sets @ 135kg

Hammer Curls 10 reps 3 sets @ 20kg

Incline Dumbbell Press 10 reps 3 sets @ 20kg

Shrugs 10 reps 2 sets @ 20kg

Assisted Pull Ups 10 reps 2 sets @ 32kg assist.

Cheers Daniel

13 - 1 - 15

Tricep press 10 reps 2 sets @ 30kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 50kg

Shoulder Press 10 reps 2 sets @ 23kg

5 reps 3 sets @ 40kg

Chest Press 10 reps 2 sets @ 32kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 45kg

Calf raises 10 reps 3 sets @ 40kg

Lat pull down 10 reps 1 set @ 32kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 50kg

Hammer curls 10 reps 2 sets @ 24kg

Incline dumbbell press 10 reps 3 sets @ 24kg

Seated row 10 reps 2 sets @ 23kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 45kg

Having trouble working out my chest area, not feeling any gain or seeing any change, and advice?

Cheers Daniel 

maybe try going heavier weights and lower reps, not too heavy just a little at a time until you reach a weight with which you can only manage 3-5 reps with. when it's safe (have a spotter around), try find your current 1RM (something you can only do for 1 rep) for bench to give yourself a starting point and train yourself at 70-85% of that then assess max again after a month or two. you'll eventually see gains in that area though i've found it's also hardest area for me.

maybe try going heavier weights and lower reps, not too heavy just a little at a time until you reach a weight with which you can only manage 3-5 reps with. when it's safe (have a spotter around), try find your current 1RM (something you can only do for 1 rep) for bench to give yourself a starting point and train yourself at 70-85% of that then assess max again after a month or two. you'll eventually see gains in that area though i've found it's also hardest area for me.

Cheers for the reply man, upped my weights a bit tonight, bench was full so just dumbbell work and  machine work.

Chest Press 10 reps 2 sets @ 32kg

5 reps 3 sets @ 54kg

Incline dumbbell press 10 reps 2 sets @ 20kg

5 reps 4 sets @ 30kg

Hammer curls 10 reps 2 sets @ 20kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 24kg

10 reps 1 set @ 30kg

Seated row 10 reps 2 sets @ 45kg

Leg Press 10 reps 1 set @ 110kg

10 reps 2 sets @ 145kg

Lat pull down 10 reps 2 sets @ 50kg

10 reps 1 set @ 60kg

Shrugs 10 reps 1 set @ 60kg.

Still struggling with that chest, not feeling no burn or anything. Really need to get a work out plan sorted too, at the moment im just pretty much doing what wanna do at the time with no structure...

Any comments?

Cheers Daniel

just give it some time to figure out how your body responds to it best..devote atleast 12 weeks to a beginner strength type program build up a strong base, see how your body responds to that. then later maybe try a 12 weeks more bodybuilding type program.. even still, 12 weeks is a short trial but if you take regular progression metrics (strength / measure yourself / weigh yourself) you may be able to find out what works better for you. all in all, definately not something you can find out from one session or a couple weeks. 

Agreed. We can't really give much advice just based on the couple of workouts you've put up. And if you've only just started this routine, it's far too early for you to know whether it's working or not.

However, one tip if you're not feeling it in your chest... Puff your chest up, pull your shoulderblades back down into the bench, and really focus on squeezing your chest as you push the weight. Go slower and lighter if you need to, in order to focus on the squeeze properly.

just give it some time to figure out how your body responds to it best..devote atleast 12 weeks to a beginner strength type program build up a strong base, see how your body responds to that. then later maybe try a 12 weeks more bodybuilding type program.. even still, 12 weeks is a short trial but if you take regular progression metrics (strength / measure yourself / weigh yourself) you may be able to find out what works better for you. all in all, definately not something you can find out from one session or a couple weeks. 

Agreed. We can't really give much advice just based on the couple of workouts you've put up. And if you've only just started this routine, it's far too early for you to know whether it's working or not.

However, one tip if you're not feeling it in your chest... Puff your chest up, pull your shoulderblades back down into the bench, and really focus on squeezing your chest as you push the weight. Go slower and lighter if you need to, in order to focus on the squeeze properly.

Cheers for the replies guys! Guess im just being a bit impatient at the moment. Can anyone recommend a good beginner for me? want to build strength and muscle. And want to spend a decent amount of time in the gym each day (1 hour average) 6-7 days a week.

Cheers Daniel  

Do some research bro, there are alot of programs and none of them are 'the best'. The best program is the one you consistently stick to

Cheers man, yeah ive done so research just wanted some advice from people that aint overseas 'beta phaggots brah'

Cheers 

well for starters try avoid the tempattion of going gym 6-7 days a week lol. when i started out i was like that too and remember being proud of mysef for being there for like 3 hours on a few weekend days haha... less is more. when you train effectively, the muscles will need some time to recover (therefore grow).

starting out can't go wrong with push / pull / legs routine, though you'll wanna do a bit of research on the movements so you're doing it properly and perhaps get some coaching in from a good friend or something. find out how to do it all properly when starting out rather than doing it wrong and having injuries stopping you from progressing effectively later on.

here is one template of push/pull/legs 3 days plit ; http://www.myweightlifting.com/beginner-push-pull-legs-split-routine/

I started out with the Max-OT programme: http://www.ast-ss.com/maxot_toc.php

There's a bit of hype that you need to wade through, and I prefer to use higher reps than they suggest, but I think it gives a pretty comprehensive grounding in all the basics.

Of course, that was 10 years ago, and there are probably other programs that are more fashionable now.

Workout 18-1-2015

Treadmill 10min

Hammer Curls 10x2 20kg

Preacher curl 10x1 bar

10x4 20kg

Bench press 10x2 bar

10x2 10kg

5x4 20kg

Rope pull downs 10x2 32kg

10x2 41kg

Chest flies 10x1 18kg

10x1 23kg

Barbell curls 10x1 20kg

10x1 25kg

Felt good, still low weights but trying to get form and everything 100% first, benchpress still abit wobbely, hopefully more practice helps.

Cheers

19-1-15

Treadmill 10 min

Seated leg curl 10x1 18kg

10x2 36kg

10x1 45kg

Leg press        10x1 75kg

10x1 155kg

5x3 175kg

Back Squats 10x1 bar

10x1 20kg

5x3 40kg

10x1 40kg

5x1 60kg

10x1 60kg

Hammer curls 10x2 20kg

10x1 30kg

Incline dumbbell press 10x1 20kg

10x2 30kg

First time doing squats properly, and loved it, even though down in weight still loved it.

Cheers Daniel

20-1-15

Lat pull down 10x1 40kg

10x3 80kg

Bench Press 10x2 20kg

5x4 40kg

3x1 60kg

Bench Press close grip 5x4 20kg

Bent over rows 10x3 20kg

Overhead dumbbell press 10x2 20kg

Barbell curls 10x2 25

Nothing great in terms of numbers, but still going up.

Cheers Daniel

Yeah Im not talking about RPE bs. It just looks like lynx doing chest shoulders back bis legs all pretty much on same day...bit of this bit of that. random fav excercises or some sht. looks stupid IMO but wondering if hes doing it coz dunno wtf hes doing or because someone who wrote program doesnt know wtf they doing

Yeah Im not talking about RPE bs. It just looks like lynx doing chest shoulders back bis legs all pretty much on same day...bit of this bit of that. random fav excercises or some sht. looks stupid IMO but wondering if hes doing it coz dunno wtf hes doing or because someone who wrote program doesnt know wtf they doing

Hi Hu Gh, nope no structure or program, because i was just getting comfortable in the gym, and making to most of using and trying all the equipment out to see what i liked and what i didnt. It was probably wrong of me to do it this way, sorry mate. 

Hey all, so got onto a plan now, and hopefully it works out for me.

Workout 25-1-15

Chest/Abs

Warmup rowing machine 10min

Benchpress 4 sets 6 reps at 25kg 1 set 6 reps at 30kg (sloppy)

Incline dumbbell press 4 sets 8 reps at 15kg/2

Flat Dumbbell Flies 4 sets 12 reps at 10kg/2

Dumbbell Pullovers 4 sets 15 reps at 15kg

Cable crunches 3 sets 15 reps at 25kg

Incline sit ups 3 sets 20 reps

The sit ups absolutely killed me, loved it!!

Cheers Daniel