The Pushup Challenge

Pseudonym

OK guys, here's a quick and easy challenge to kick off 2015 with.

We've got a couple of Gymnation tshirts/singlets to give away to the guy and girl who can do the most pushups.

The rules are simple:

1) Film yourself from the side so we can see your profile.

2) Say your Gymnation username.

3) Do as many perfect pushups as you can. That means:

- Your whole body must remain totally straight. No sagging or piking.

- You must go all the way down (chest touches the ground) and all the way up (arms lock out).

- If you stop for more than two seconds at any point in the exercise, the set is finished.

4) Post your video in this topic, and tell us how many pushups you managed.

The deadline is 9pm, Saturday 17 Jan - so start pushing!

(Any pushup that is not perfect will not be counted. For more details on the perfect pushup, check out this article - it's quite a good read anyway)

Hah... there was a suggestion that in order to ensure people went low enough, we should make them take their hands off the ground. Lucky we went for the easier Crossfit rules instead! :D

nice work on quoting me at the gym today Andrew although due to rule technicalities you could do as i suggested

Chest day again, here's my entry, was so pumped after this!

Hard to imagine used to do 50+ right after a 2.4km run! Was a grind from 20 what a lack of conditioning. Just pushed through with leeroids image in mind (nohomo) wanted to equal 43 lol. If army PT was counting my 43 would be more like 30 though looking at the vid so didn't quite make it in catching Tom.

Hah... there was a suggestion that in order to ensure people went low enough, we should make them take their hands off the ground. Lucky we went for the easier Crossfit rules instead! :D

nice work on quoting me at the gym today Andrew although due to rule technicalities you could do as i suggested
Hand release push ups are the Crossfit standard/rules bro.

Not actually sure if this'll upload as I think the file's too large.... Give it a go though. Poor poor effort of 10 sorry to say.

Excuses? Chest day prior and way too long since I've last done any. Bonus points for wearing a Gymnation stringer? Might give it another go on Saturday. 

Link via you tube 

P.s. not sure sound's worked so will have a play later. And video full cuts out my feet - so will try for full body in next vid/attempt. Understand if it doesn't 'qualify' currently :)

Alright - 2nd attempt was only 18 - an improvement on the 1st, but still not nearly enough!!! Ah well, uploading out of principal :)

Edited by acallender

Not actually sure if this'll upload as I think the file's too large.... Give it a go though. Poor poor effort of 10 sorry to say. Excuses? Chest day prior and way too long since I've last done any. Bonus points for wearing a Gymnation stringer? Might give it another go on Saturday.

And apparently can't currently upload.... will see what I can do to get size of file down

Upload to YouTube and post link that way don't have reduce quality

I'm loving all the Gymnation apparel ITT. :D

Clueless - you need to make you video public for us to see it.

And apparently can't currently upload.... will see what I can do to get size of file down

Acallender - were you trying to upload the video here? We don't take video directly (mainly because as you found, the files are massive and it chews up all the server resources). You need to upload them to YouTube, and then just paste the link here.

Ryanstyles - that looked too easy! Is the answer to get out as many reps as possible before your body realises what's doing on and begins to tire?

Hand release push ups are the Crossfit standard/rules bro.

Ah, didn't realise that. I just went off that PDF, and it's too late to make that a requirement now. But as I say... probably just as well - it gives the powerlifters chance too! :D