1 x 5 x 140kg

1 x 5 x 180kg

5 x 10 @ 120kg

Mil press:

2 x 12 x 40kg

1 x 12 x 60kg

1 x 8 x 80kg

1 x 5 x 100kg

giant strip set 100kg/80kg/60kg to failure.

Rear delt raise 4 x 15 @ 15kg

Shrugs d/b 4 x 15 @ 35kg

END

Squats tonight:

2 x 12 x 60kg

1 x 12 x 100kg

1 x 8 x 180kg

1 x 3 x 220kg

2 x 10 x 100kg deep paused (3 sec pause in hole).

New tech is working great first time being able to hit ATG squats in decade lol.  Pain in knees a lot less - recovery from the week has improved immensely - may be on to something :)

Going to test in a fortnight - so sticking to 220 and below. 

Squat again on Thursday ....

Wed Chest session - on target 5 weeks out.

Bench:

2 x 12 x 60

1 x 12 x 80kg

1 x 6 x 100kg

1 x 6 x 140kg

1 x 1 x 180kg

1 x 3 x 200kg >> Marker for 5 weeks out achieved. all me no spot ...

5 x 10 x 130kg - boring sets - close grip

Dips: BW 4 sets 10 plus

Deadlifts: first session - just breaking in ...

2 x 10 x 60kg

1 x 10 x 100kg

1 x 10 x 140kg

1 x 6 x 180kg

1 x 6 x 220kg

1 x 3 x 240kg

END

You ever maxed out a Military press 1rm ?

nah - to be honest it hurts to do it most of the time.  It aggravates my delt when I go heavy - but I have done multiple reps with 140kg before. 

Strong benching bro!

Are you doing 3 lifts this year or just push/pulls?

Doing 3 Lift in Melbourne bro this March.  After that I haven't really got a firm plan. Ultimately I would like to do both GPC and CAPO Nats which may be doable.  If there is a push pull though I will be there :)

nah - to be honest it hurts to do it most of the time. It aggravates my delt when I go heavy - but I have done multiple reps with 140kg before.

Strong benching bro!

Doing 3 Lift in Melbourne bro this March. After that I haven't really got a firm plan. Ultimately I would like to do both GPC and CAPO Nats which may be doable. If there is a push pull though I will be there :)

Which 3 lift are you doing in melbourne in march ? Be down to come watch

nah - to be honest it hurts to do it most of the time. It aggravates my delt when I go heavy - but I have done multiple reps with 140kg before.

Strong benching bro!

Doing 3 Lift in Melbourne bro this March. After that I haven't really got a firm plan. Ultimately I would like to do both GPC and CAPO Nats which may be doable. If there is a push pull though I will be there :)

The Arnold.au brO!!! Thought you would know this is happening since your IG friends jade McKinnon and Jamie best put a selfie with a caption up about it every 6 hours.

Strong benching bro!

The Arnold.au brO!!! Thought you would know this is happening since your IG friends jade McKinnon and Jamie best put a selfie with a caption up about it every 6 hours.

LMAO

Strong benching bro!

LMAO

Ohh yes how could i forgot #ehplabs

Monday Squats

60kg x 12

60kg x 12

100kg x 5
135kg x 5
170kg x 5
180kg x 5
200kg x 5
100kg x10 x 5 sets

Legs smoked ... knee pain reduced - walking quite well.  Back not loaded as bad as week before but still sore today.  Stretching ED and rolling as needed.  Time for some deep tissue me thinks.

Bench last night - keeping lite with the GLA lift on Sunday

5x60kg x3 sets
5 x 90kg
5 x105kg
5 x125kg

5 x 155kg

5 x 165kg

5 x 175kg

5 x 10 @ 100kg close grip

All reps 2 sec pause

Rotator cuff very tender on left hand side.  Tendon crossing through is fine but inflamed - daily stretching now until comp and will start rehabing by rotations on Monday once a get a bit more length in my pec.

END

hi folks

Apologies for no updates - I go into a tunnel heading into any event - GLA garage lift was no different. 

Hit a PB of 217.5kg with a pause. 

Then tripled 190kg and knocked out 20 reps at BW (130kg on the day).

Chest session tonight - just managed to do my core strength without the boring sets - arms are still fried so not surpirised.

Squat Monday a great session despite not working with heavy weight - will peak it up Monday.  Great news is no pain in knees anymore and whilst back only slightly loaded at the end of the session Im feeling  100% today so we are getting better. 

Going to have a good deadlift session this week (Wednesday so saty tuned)

O :)

• 2 weeks later...

Last week summary -

Squats refocus has been great - tech is very solid.  Would have been great to have another 4-6 weeks prep so I can work the bar further down my back.  But nearly at low bar position. 

Hitting depth real easy now - even on warm ups.

Bench session last Wed - easy 190 x 3 no real issue.  Elbows good.  Little tension still in tendow across my right dlt but its minor and has since eased off.

BIG NeWS - is I tore my hamstring yesterday during deadlifts.  Build up was easy - then the working set was 275kg x 3 which I hit with ease.  But when I released the weight from the top my hamstring seized and quite painful pop in the middle of my hammy.  2 hours later can't walk to well. 

In a bit of a painic at the time but had a quick chat online with Odell and got a gauge as to what he did to get through a similar situation heading into an event.  Everything he told me my physio confirmed today. 

Just keeping the leg elevated/rested - icing 3 times per day and compressed to minimise the swelling.  Pain has come away to about a 3 which is good. 

knock my confidence a bit but I'm sticking in either way.  will do a lite bench tomorrow but wont be doing anything until next weekend where I will hopefuly be able to squat my openner and bench my last phase with a 75% Deadlift for the next day.  Then its deaload and physio only into the event.

Update in a few days :)

BIG NeWS - is I tore my hamstring yesterday during deadlifts.  Build up was easy - then the working set was 275kg x 3 which I hit with ease.  But when I released the weight from the top my hamstring seized and quite painful pop in the middle of my hammy.  2 hours later can't walk to well.

Damn. That's less than ideal. Fingers crossed for speedy recovery. :-/

• 1 year later...