Finasteride and minoxidil hair loss cycle

jimmybro1

Noticed hair falling out in july 2014 at this stage no noticable thinning so didn't think much of it. In August the thinning continued so decided to see a derm. Those hair loss companies just pray of individuals. Pseudo doctors.

Derm recommended minoxidil application twice a day on wet hair (improves absorption ). The minoxidil I am using is Regaine extra strength foam. The mechanism it which it works isn't know but is FDA approved for hair loss.

The hair loss slowed down after 2 months. Had a second appointment with derm on December 21st and was prescribed finasteride at 1mg a day.

I will post beginning pictures of treatment and monthly progress. using consistent conditions i.e. wet hair with flash or no flash.

Another thing I am doing is using Regenepure dr shampoo daily to stop itching of scalp by reducing inflammation of the hair follicles.

Good on you for keeping a log, mate. I guarantee there'll be a heap of people following this, even if they do it anonymously.

If it's any comfort, it actually doesn't look all that thin in those pics. Although you'll know how much it's thinning better than anyone... For months, I'd been telling my hairdresser my hair was thinning, and for months he'd been disputing it. Then he'd take out his thinning scissors and actually thin it some more. "Well, if it is getting thinner, I don't see it," he'd say. Which was nice, but it's a bit of a worry when your hairdresser is visually impaired. :P

This protocol is what will give your regrowth and fix your health.  It may seem like a lot, but use these dosages for approximately two to three months. After that you may try every other day with almost all items or 4 days on, 3 off or 2 days on, 1 off. This cuts your doses down in half, so the price is about half of what you paid initially after you finish the few months of "blasting".

For this protocol to work optimally:

Don't eat grains, they inhibit mineral absorption.  Wheat is the worst when it comes to this.

Eat fruits by themselves, wait at least 15 mins after eating fruit to have a meal.

Consume dairy by itself, wait ~4 hrs before consuming other food.

Eat things requiring an acidic digestion together, like meats and fats.

Once you start the protocol, zero AI's or SERMs are to be used, also zero AAS until at least four weeks in. At four weeks in you are only to use NPP or Deca to further increase your insulin sensitivty.

If you choose to use Deca/NPP, after a month add in whatever you want. But if for some reason you stop regrowing go back to Deca or NPP until full regrowth is seen. After completed, no AAS usage should ever make you shed again.

Consume these internally:

Lugol's Iodine: 12.5-100mg daily (8 drops of 5% is 50mg iodine)

Selenium Methionine: 400 to 800 mcg daily (200mg per Brazil Nut)

Chromium GTF: 1000mcg daily

Alpha Lipoic Acid: 600mg 1-2 times daily

Grape Seed Extract: Follow directions on bottle

Magnesium Citrate: 1200-2000mg daily

Zinc Picolinate: 150mg daily spread throughout day 

Molybdenum: 500mcg up to 3x a day

Virgin (Unrefined) Coconut Oil: 3 to 8 tbsp daily

P-5-P (enteric coated) 50-300mg daily

Niacinamide (b3): 500-1000mg before bed.

Omega 3 Fish Oil: 3 to 4 caps daily

Cod Liver Oil: 3 to 6 caps daily

Vitamin K2 (MK-4): 500mcg-1mg

Vitamin C: 1-3g daily  Edit: Take away from the iodine, as vit c transforms it to iodide.

Vitamin E: 400iu daily

Green Tea Extract: 3 to 6 caps daily

Boron: 3-20mg daily.  3 days on, 3 days off.

Liver Powder Non-Defatted: 1-2 tbsp daily

Taurine: 1400-3000mg daily

Baking Soda: 3-4 tsp daily, 45 mins after meals  Can also be taken in the morning away from food, or at night before bed.

Note: Most people have bad digestion, and if you do food may sit in your stomach for hours because you lack acid.  Taking baking soda after a meal will make the food sit there even longer, making digestion worse. So unless you have perfect digestion, do not use baking soda after meals, just use it before bed and in the morning.

Apple Cider Vinegar: 1-2 tbsp in water with meals that require an acidic digestion

Cayenne Powder: 1 tsp in water before/with meals

Citruline Malate: 1 scoop daily.  With your pre-workout if you like.

This protocol is what will give your regrowth and fix your health. It may seem like a lot, but use these dosages for approximately two to three months. After that you may try every other day with almost all items or 4 days on, 3 off or 2 days on, 1 off. This cuts your doses down in half, so the price is about half of what you paid initially after you finish the few months of "blasting".

For this protocol to work optimally:

Don't eat grains, they inhibit mineral absorption. Wheat is the worst when it comes to this.

Eat fruits by themselves, wait at least 15 mins after eating fruit to have a meal.

Consume dairy by itself, wait ~4 hrs before consuming other food.

Eat things requiring an acidic digestion together, like meats and fats.

Once you start the protocol, zero AI's or SERMs are to be used, also zero AAS until at least four weeks in. At four weeks in you are only to use NPP or Deca to further increase your insulin sensitivty.

If you choose to use Deca/NPP, after a month add in whatever you want. But if for some reason you stop regrowing go back to Deca or NPP until full regrowth is seen. After completed, no AAS usage should ever make you shed again.

Consume these internally:

Lugol's Iodine: 12.5-100mg daily (8 drops of 5% is 50mg iodine)

Selenium Methionine: 400 to 800 mcg daily (200mg per Brazil Nut)

Chromium GTF: 1000mcg daily

Alpha Lipoic Acid: 600mg 1-2 times daily

Grape Seed Extract: Follow directions on bottle

Magnesium Citrate: 1200-2000mg daily

Zinc Picolinate: 150mg daily spread throughout day

Molybdenum: 500mcg up to 3x a day

Virgin (Unrefined) Coconut Oil: 3 to 8 tbsp daily

P-5-P (enteric coated) 50-300mg daily

Niacinamide (b3): 500-1000mg before bed.

Omega 3 Fish Oil: 3 to 4 caps daily

Cod Liver Oil: 3 to 6 caps daily

Vitamin K2 (MK-4): 500mcg-1mg

Vitamin C: 1-3g daily Edit: Take away from the iodine, as vit c transforms it to iodide.

Vitamin E: 400iu daily

Green Tea Extract: 3 to 6 caps daily

Boron: 3-20mg daily. 3 days on, 3 days off.

Liver Powder Non-Defatted: 1-2 tbsp daily

Taurine: 1400-3000mg daily

Baking Soda: 3-4 tsp daily, 45 mins after meals Can also be taken in the morning away from food, or at night before bed.

Note: Most people have bad digestion, and if you do food may sit in your stomach for hours because you lack acid. Taking baking soda after a meal will make the food sit there even longer, making digestion worse. So unless you have perfect digestion, do not use baking soda after meals, just use it before bed and in the morning.

Apple Cider Vinegar: 1-2 tbsp in water with meals that require an acidic digestion

Cayenne Powder: 1 tsp in water before/with meals

Citruline Malate: 1 scoop daily. With your pre-workout if you like.

Didn't know you believed in homeopathic remedies Daz

To add to this I am going to get a hormone panel done every three months will get GP to organize, also think I might get sperm count tested if GP let's me. To expensive to get done privately.

Jesus fucking christ...who cares about sperm count. Still get girls preg when on gear...dunno why youd wanna do that. Easy enough to get test though but yeah no point

Already within 9 days of treatment noticed massive improvements but I had also noticed testicular pain. From reading a few other forums trends it seems to be to high levels of e2 going to doctor tomorrow to hopefully get bloods done to check. High e2 is also causing other issues in the bedroom... I don't think I will continue treatment if this cannot be avoided. Tough call considering results but what good is hair if you can't perform in the bedroom! Read some people take anti estrogen meds but seems like all these drugs going to mess your endocrime system up.

• 1 year later...

I just got a 2000 FUE hair transplant. I only paid $1200nzd. Had to fly to India as they were the cheapest, even cheaper than Thailand. I stayed in Navi, Mumbai. All up, I paid, $1200 for hair transplant/medicines/taxes, $1200 for the flights, and $1000 for Hotel accommodation (10 days). I was on a holiday for 10 days, whilst I was getting the transplant.  Food, transport, and shopping are cheap az chips. It's been 2 weeks post op and I am overly happy with the results, thus far. I had a receding hairline and I just wanted to make it look like my early 20's again. It actually looks better than what I had in my 20's. This is the place where I got it done: https://www.practo.com/navi-mumbai/clinic/artius-cosmo-clinic-kharghar Dr. Sagar and his team are very professional and the clinic is very clean and modern. Nurses are very polite and attentive. Just be in for a culture shock, if you do decide to make the trip over. Also, book a hotel that is close to the clinic. I stayed at the Yogi Executive, it was a bit too far away. Had to pay a bit extra for transport fees. Oh, and make sure you go during there winter period. Even during Spring it averages about 30-40 degrees. Luckily, I only just found the heat to be bearable, mainly thanks to air-conditioning :-D. If I got the operation done in NZ it's about $5, probably even more, per follicle. That's $10,000!! Better to go for a holiday to India/Thailand and get the operation done and still come back knowing you made savings. Photos below are the results, taken a couple of hours after transplant. You can see where the new hairs have been planted in the 2nd photo. They wrap a band around your head, don't know why though??

IMG_2766.JPG