10 DAYS OF GIVEAWAYS (celebrating 10 years online)

Pseudonym

We're celebrating 10 years of being New Zealand's gym community with 10 days of giveaways. Each day we'll be giving away Gymnation tshirts and singlets, plus there are awesome prizes from Horleys, NZ Muscle, and Muscle Fuel up for grabs (NZ residents only).

To be in to win, make sure you keep an eye on this topic, or follow us on Facebook and Instagram. There's going to be competitions happening in all three places.

Here's what's happening for Day 1:

Win a Gymnation tshirt/singlet, and a box of Horleys Protein33 bars - one of each for you, and one of each for a mate.

post-2-0-24750300-1418292907_thumb.jpg

Jump onto Facebook, and share this post to a friend's page to let them know about the competition, and you're both in to win.

Can you do it only once for a single chance to win or can you spam multiple fb friends for multiple chances to win? e.g. 10 fb friends for 10 chances to win

Also can you define the term 'NZ Residents'? In my case I work overseas but return to NZ regularly and have a NZ postal address and citizenship. Am I a NZ resident?

^ no worries guys. if you win you can just have it shipped to my place and i'll hold it safe until that time in which you may or may not arrive back to land of long white gymrat

also good idea pseudo, i was looking at a few other places doing '12 days of christmas' just last night at work and was thinking would be an awesome idea for gymnation to do something like that, more smaller prizes for more people to get involved.

Can you do it only once for a single chance to win or can you spam multiple fb friends for multiple chances to win? e.g. 10 fb friends for 10 chances to win

Spam as many as you like. :)

Also can you define the term 'NZ Residents'? In my case I work overseas but return to NZ regularly and have a NZ postal address and citizenship. Am I a NZ resident?

That's just so we don't have to ship prizes to deepest Peru (getting the prizes delivered by llama is a bitch to organise). So we're only sending them within NZ, but if you've got a NZ postal address, that's fine.

also good idea pseudo, i was looking at a few other places doing '12 days of christmas' just last night at work and was thinking would be an awesome idea for gymnation to do something like that, more smaller prizes for more people to get involved.

I've been wanting to do this all year, but it's taken this long to get the shirts and the new site ready!

Sorry guys. There's supposed to be an email newsletter going out too, but I'm struggling to keep up with all my social mediums. :P

Today's giveaway was posted on Facebook and Instagram, but I'll post it here for anyone not on those networks.

It's a simple one today... Just tell us why you love training, and you could win a Gymnation singlet. Too easy!

10846386_10152422130871990_3942047015720

Hey Pseudo. Be sure to check promotion guidelines on Facebook etc.. I have seen company facebook pages become banned for not sticking to the guidelines. In some cases they have got access back to their page but only after rediculous amounts spent on Facebook Advertising:

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php#promotionsguidelines

Specifically see Section E:

"3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend's Timeline to get additional entries” is not permitted)."

While I see facebook pages being banned for this, it is also incredibly rare so up to you if you want to risk it =)

Might be a bit different but, mate of mine had his account banned, cos he had a  Monster energy drink logo on his page in conjunction with an event he was running, so they had to change it a bit.

Ah yeah, I imagine that would've been a trademark issue. Without the permission of the trademark holder you can't use their images/brand.. what you can do though is (if you're trying to show a prize or whatever) have a staff member or something hold the product in an image and that is fine.

Hey Pseudo. Be sure to check promotion guidelines on Facebook etc.

I know they used to be really strict about competitions, and then they relaxed the rules. But maybe they've changed their minds again. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have a think about the whole sharing deal. Maybe we just stick to tagging and comments.

Most people probably uncheck the "send me news and information" thing when they make an acc.

We've got a pretty good email database, but I know what you mean. The default line is not very enticing - and mostly the newsletter is about competitions and giveaways, which sound much better. It's one of many thousands of little tweaks I need to make. One day!

10599283_10152425844116990_3167124077182

Day #4 of our 10th birthday celebrations... Who do you know who needs some gym advice? Get a friend to sign up on Gymnation.co.nz and you could each win a couple of boxes of Horleys Protein33 bars!

1) Like our Facebook page.
2) Tag a friend below, and get them to sign up on this site over the weekend. And make them say hi while they're at it (after all, that's just polite!)
3) We'll draw a winner on Monday, and contact them to see if their friend has signed up. If not, we'll keep drawing until we find someone who has.

So who do you know that's into bodybuilding? Or powerlifting? Or crossfit? Or wants some nutrition advice?

BTW, when we first started NZ's online gym community 10 years ago, Horleys were our very first sponsor. A decade later, and they're still supporting us with competition prizes and giveaways for you. So thankyou Horleys - you guys are awesome! :D

10599283_10152425844116990_3167124077182

Day #4 of our 10th birthday celebrations... Who do you know who needs some gym advice? Get a friend to sign up on Gymnation.co.nz and you could each win a couple of boxes of Horleys Protein33 bars!

2) Tag a friend below, and get them to sign up on this site over the weekend. And make them say hi while they're at it (after all, that's just polite!)

3) We'll draw a winner on Monday, and contact them to see if their friend has signed up. If not, we'll keep drawing until we find someone who has.

So who do you know that's into bodybuilding? Or powerlifting? Or crossfit? Or wants some nutrition advice?

BTW, when we first started NZ's online gym community 10 years ago, Horleys were our very first sponsor. A decade later, and they're still supporting us with competition prizes and giveaways for you. So thankyou Horleys - you guys are awesome! :D

Getting my GF to sign up now cos I want me some of those Protien bars. Hopefully she also has some fun on here and trolls the f*ck out of everyone :-)

Day 6 of our 10th birthday celebrations... and we're looking back at our beginnings. Bodybuilders, what did you used to look like? Powerlifters, what did you used to lift? We all had to start somewhere. Where did you start?

Show (or tell) us, and you could win a tasty 5-meal pack from Muscle Fuel! Here's how...

2) Head to http://www.gymnation.co.nz/topic/18713-where-did-you-start-from/ and post your very first Before pic, or your earliest lifting stats.

We'll draw this prize Wednesday night, so you've got a couple of days to round up those old photos. Remember, you must be in NZ to win.

10849867_10152429306816990_6413495646738

Ooops. In the excitement of being multi-platform, I forgot to update this topic with yesterday's giveaway. But you'd have all been checking our Facebook page religiously, so you'd have seen it there anyway, right?

Day 7 - and it's time to show some love to your training partner. Tag them here, and you could both win a Gymnation tshirt or singlet. (Whether you wear them at the gym simultaneously is up to you.) Make sure you both like our Facebook page to be eligible.

1513747_10152431517931990_94562201965796