NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Realtalk

3 news/3rd degree - steroid segment

Lol agree with realtalk, as long as you have IFBB Pro Bikini Athlete under your fb name you are a pro lol.

There are no schools to teach this stuff, there is nothing else besides the internet and 'that big guy at the gym' for these guys to learn and find shit out from, so why would you ever expect anything different?

Yeah but If you wanna use its your problem to do the research and nobody elses, how you do so is up to you, no excuses. How did somebody like Daz etc learn all that stuff?

It does seem a bit premature to dream of turning pro before you've actually competed - it's a bit like saying, "I'm going to be an All Black" before you've played a game of rugby!

But let's not go down that track, because I don't think that's the point here.

The issue isn't about whether these guys' goals are appropriate, or worthy of using steroids. The issue is about the way they use steroids, and whether they're ready to use them.

And please explain why these two numpties are irresponsible compared to anyone else.

Steroids are a medicine. By running a cycle, you are basically self-medicating. If you self-medicate, you should have a damn good idea of the medical theory behind it. I got a strong impression these guys had no idea about anything.

- They started far too soon, on every count (age, training experience, knowledge...)

- They were taking huge dosages

- They gave their dosages in millilitres, not milligrams, which suggests they may not know how much compound they were taking (product concentrations may vary, so talking milligrams is the only way to know what you're getting)

- There was no mention of checking health markers like blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.

- Dubious hygiene (look at his dirty fingers as he takes a shot, with no sign of an alcohol swab anywhere)

Irresponsible use? Yep, I think that comment is justified!

By contrast...

Lance Armstrong had all the information in the world. Dr's, scientists, managers etc. He was old enough. He would have used the EXACT optimal doses. He never went on FB/IG and bragged. Was his gear use responsible?

Responsible... absolutely. Ethical... well, that's a whole other question! :D

First of all, that Dan Steed kid is currently high as f*ck on pills. I know because he's with people I know at "Our House" and they just messaged me telling me it along with snapchats. Doesn't do any other drugs though, right? lmao

I hope his pill dealer is better than his tren dealer

Here's what I think ....

Everything in life is a risk and a choice. People usually choose the path that gives them some benefit that outweighs the risk of that path. Eg. I choose to scuba dive despite the risk of drowning because the benefits to me are much greater than the risk.

With most people, especially smart people, when they choose a path of high risk, they do things to mitigate (lower) the risks. Eg I dive with a buddy, I check my gas regularly and I watch my dive computer.

Lance Armstrong had an army of people mitigating his risks.

Using gear is a choice many people make knowing the risk. And hopefully they choose to mitigate those risks in ways like Pseudo says is "responsible" above.

I think what we are discussing in this thread is a case where two young guys have chosen a path of high risk, and on the surface from what we have been told in a 15 min beat up segment on TV3 they do not seem to be mitigating any risks.

Who are we to judge their choices?

Just because I'm 37 and I don't take risks like a 20yo any more, doesn't mean I have the right to judge. Because I'm old, it does mean I will think they are dumb as f*ck, cos they are obviously have the iq of a puffer fish.

Just because you waited, did more research before you started, get bloods done and wash your hands, doesn't mean you have the right to judge.

Stop being haters and let Darwin do it's work.

Realtalk FTW.

Who are we to judge?

As people who realise the two guys on the segment are being muppets, we are able to objectively judge them as muppets.

Does our opinion matter? Not really.

But we absolutely can judge, and attempt to do so objectively, accurately and rationally.

I think its possibly a case that the media has fed us the exact information from the interview to has this exact effect. I think some of the things they are doing are not right, which have been outlined above (dirty hands while injecting, having no idea about doses, little to no research) But the last two are kind of guesses the interviewer could have asked how many Mls do you take per day etc of the drugs and all of a sudden we assume he has no idea which he may or may not have.

Probably the main thing that annoys me is the gym that featured on the doco is the gym I train at and now every assumes im on gear :pale:  haha

He told me he did 250mg test e for first cycle and now he's doing 100mg prop, 50mg tren a and 50mg mast eod. He said the program skimped out on a lot of things he said and kinda edited to make him look ignorant, like not mentioning how long he's trained etc. He seems to know the basics at least

Dear Lupi soldiers,

One day you will have to come off and come to realise that your body is stuffed.

My advice is to think long and hard when considering the long-term effects of what you are doing to your body.

Once you are sick of the needle, will you be okay putting up with having the energy and drive of a 60 year old (probably worse)? Will you be okay being infertile?

Life is a precious gift and it is fragile. Look after yourself, your time on this earth is more fleeting than you now realise.

Yours sincerely,

IDW

P.S. Train smart, don't declare war.

^ lol mate, we dont all do outrageous dosages and cycles like you. Some of us are sensible in that regard.

Statements like these remind me of Lionel alzado... Telling everyone how bad steroids are from his hospital bed lol.

Gear doesn't make you infertile.   Natural testosterone production and Fertility are two separate things.

Just like running a cycle is not an effective contraception, coming off gear isn't going to necessarily stop you from conceiving either.

Sounds like you're doing well these days IDW

I'm not doing too bad guys. Just trying to say that it was a bit of a rough ride for me to come off and I'm still not 100%.

^ lol mate, we dont all do outrageous dosages and cycles like you. Some of us are sensible in that regard.

Statements like these remind me of Lionel alzado... Telling everyone how bad steroids are from his hospital bed lol.

Being sensible is the key.

I reckon for most, the sensible way is not to use at all in the first place. It's just not worth the hassles in my opinion, there's no real benefit. Learn to enjoy life without drugs.

Sounds like you're doing well these days IDW

I'm not doing too bad guys. Just trying to say that it was a bit of a rough ride for me to come off and I'm still not 100%.

Being sensible is the key.

I reckon for most, the sensible way is not to use at all in the first place. It's just not worth the hassles in my opinion, there's no real benefit. Learn to enjoy life without drugs.

Lol @ natty brigade....

But seriously mate did you have a health scare?

If you look like that and you're running tren you certainly shouldn't be giving advice about anything related to weightlifting or drug use.

Lance golding....lol

He claims his arms are 20 inches lmao. Last year he was claiming 18 inches but they measured at 17