NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Realtalk

3 news/3rd degree - steroid segment

Lol they probably did ask lotsa guys... Actually They must of, to have ended up on some fucking farm to interview someone.

These are the same ppl who filmed the mongrel mob and black power making a truce and tryed to make the look like good community minded people... Fucken arsehole Michael morrow and that ginger slut!

Thanks for posting this, Tom.

I actually thought TV3 did a reasonable job of covering this story without too much beatup. I feared the worst when Duncan Garner introduced the piece dramatically talking about "potent drugs" like he was voicing a movie trailer. But in fact it wasn't too bad.

I think they asked all the questions that they had to ask, and the answers they got were predictable. If you ask a professor about the dangers of steroids, of course he's going to give you a list of side effects - and rightly so. The side effects do exist.

What was much more unfortunate was the image that the young guys portrayed. But as Pyro says... the only people stupid enough to go on camera proudly talking about this are, by definition, stupid young guys who don't think of the consequences.

19 and 20 year olds saying, "I did a lot of research first." Really? I wonder how much they read, how much they understand about the biological processes they're playing with. The fact that Dan Steed talks about his dosages in terms of millilitres rather than milligrams doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm betting his research consisted of asking someone how much he should stick and where.

As for the whole roid rage "it's just straight rumble", and the trying to give up steroids "I wanted to stop - it's pretty hard to stop"... that just had me face-palming hard.

Had to laugh at the dealer giving out his Kiwibank account number though. How long do you think that's going to last?! :D

I guess my point is that 99% of the 19/20 year old's who start using, are EXACTLY the same as these guys. They just want to get big and get girls as they put it. No other motivations, no other thoughts for risks, or costs or the fact that they may grow breasts that lactate.

I have no issues with people that choose to enhance. Go for it. But I get annoyed with people who think that somehow their motivation to enhance is more worthy than anyone else's.

You will never get a TV show that justifies your decision to use illegal drugs to

a) enhance your looks for a Body Building show, or

b) enhance your strength for a power lifting comp, or

c) cheat in any other sport.

So just get over it.

As Realtalk said, those idiots should never have gone on tele. There is no good to come from it.

And thats the exact reason why they are illegal lol. Just look at the expressions of contempt on the reporters faces whenever they mention steroids, or even lifting weights for that matter. It's really their own insecurities, and they feed on other peoples mass hysteria to fuel their views etc.

"young kiwis turning to drugs to look good" = more views than "professional athletes use gear"

lol @ expecting a story about the 1% who use steroids/aas effectively and intelligently. 

These guys look as shit as me and have been training for a similair amount of time. Wtf are they injecting. And on top of that i cant really beleive how stupid they are going on national tv talking about.

Ive known idiots who use gear stupidly, but they dont go telling everyone lol

It would be great to see TV3 do a follow up, buy some of this gear and have it analysed to see what they were actually using, tren , or lupi and all the by products of crap manufacture. Then follow up these guys in another 12 months and see what condition thet are in.Come on TV3 we now you are reading this!!

And thats the exact reason why they are illegal lol.

You are starting to sound like the guys they interviewed for the show.

You've done a lot of research, right?

It can't hurt you, right?

Been in the gym scene for ages, right?

It would be great to see TV3 do a follow up, buy some of this gear and have it analysed to see what they were actually using, tren , or lupi and all the by products of crap manufacture. Then follow up these guys in another 12 months and see what condition thet are in.Come on TV3 we now you are reading this!!

Not that would be interesting!

And totally - I bet TV3 used this site as a major source of research for that piece.

Not that would be interesting!

And totally - I bet TV3 used this site as a major source of research for that piece.

This or Priestbrahs instragram 

Ok so now what...

Are medsafe and police going to go visit and charge that idiot on TV? Or do they have some kind of immunity... Will medsafe and police finally prosecute and shut down these Facebook salesmen?

I might ring them and ask.

The Facebook selling is a the biggest problem it's making it available to the masses. Before you had to go actively looking to source but now it's flashing up on your news feed before these people even know what clenbuterol or Trenbolone is. I really hope that gets sorted out, it's not right. That is how it ends up in the hands of undesirable people such as high school kids and people with zero education and knowledge on it. At least when you are buying off a person in the gym they kind of act as safe guard. What I mean is when someone approaches you in person you can judge them and either sell to them or not sell to them. Reason you wouldn't sell to them is they are a risk to thenselves. If they are a risk to thensekvew through lack of knowledge or just a general fuckinh idiot then that's a risk to you if shit goes wrong as you are accountable for selling to them. On fb this judgement doesn't take place it's and thats another concern. People are buying the stuff who wouldn't normally buy it and that's great for the selfish person behind it from a money making perspective but it's not good for everything else.

These people who are selling in fb they are just out to make a quick buck they havnt built a physique and they aren't interested in training they don't care what the state of legislation looks like in 5-10 years because all they care about is money. I still want to be able to easily source and use good gear in 10 years time if I choose to. But with this kind of activity happening it's going to difficult at this rate.

Kid gets bullied in his teens, hits the drugs....wtfffffff.
I blame zyzz for this shit ay lol.
Too public

Nice article though, I think that docter/professor took it a bit far on demonizing the drugs, and as already said, they didn't pick the most together guys to do it. The kid that was bullied stated, he would rage out and assault someone, and that it was addictive. Complete muppet.
The last dude, was fine, but he should have known admitting  to rage, would be spun as a negative exaggerated side effect.

I hope they do tackle the facebook groups and local websites selling. Just to keep it underground and away from the judging public. It would truly suck to have it classed as illegal to have in your possession.

Nice share

First of all, that Dan Steed kid is currently high as f*ck on pills. I know because he's with people I know at "Our House" and they just messaged me telling me it along with snapchats. Doesn't do any other drugs though, right? lmao

Second of all, I know Lance. He used to be really good friends with my brother. He never did any fucking research. He looks on the internet and doesn't understand anything and would always ask someone else for their opinion on it. He also says he's been using for 3 or 4 years. Lmao, I've been training for 5 years and he's been using longer than that. He uses so much gear and isn't smart about his doses whatsoever. He's asked me about my shit and when I tell him he says "Wow why are you using so little?" Hmmm I dunno, maybe because I need my kidneys?

Nothing has been achieved with this, only attention and a bad reputation for steroids and bodybuilders alike. I mean, it's really just about gym goers, right? But to the general public, bodybuilders must be 10x more irresponsible with it.

If you're gonna show fucking retards, then they should show people who are intelligent with their use, who bided their time, knew what they were gonna do and how they were gonna do it before doing it, and then got much better results because of that. But since that was never going to happen, this entire interview should never have happened.

Especially with third degree where they will edit out anything positive that is said.

Hungry for fame. They haven't achieved any thing to warrent people actually giving a f*ck. Says hes only doing it for himself and does not care what other people think of him now he has started up a "Fitness athlete" page on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/dansteedathlete?pnref=story

What a joke. Ok my vent is over and yes strong hater post.

I've got mixed feelings about this. If the guys were doing the interview so they could be on TV and be famous (or infamous?) then yep - they're muppets. If they were trying to change the public stigma around steroids, then I still think it was misguided, but I've got a bit more respect for that.

As for saying stupid things, I know I gave them a bit of a serve in my previous post, and I stand by that - they were stupid. But equally, the guys are 20, have no media experience, and it's VERY hard not to say stupid things in that situation. Even politicians who do interviews all the time struggle not to put their foot in it.

I bet TV3 used this site as a major source of research for that piece.

I was contacted by a media agency (not TV3) a couple of months ago looking to do a story on steroid use. Remembering now, I don't think I ever got back to them - oops!

I did do an off-the-record phone interview a year or so back - just to provide some background information for them. And as I say, it's hard. You get asked probing questions, which you may not know the answers to, or have fully-formed opinions on. Or they want a black-and-white answer on a very grey area. In the end, I think I was boring enough in my answers that the story never went any further! But my point is, I don't know whether I'd be able to give a better interview than these guys did.

they should show people who are intelligent with their use, who bided their time, knew what they were gonna do and how they were gonna do it before doing it, and then got much better results because of that.

In principle, I agree. It would be interesting to show a side of gear use - the responsible side - that people haven't seen before. But does it help to continue the discussion, even if it is to try and influence it? I'm not sure. And let's face it... The young guys in this program are everywhere. I suspect responsible gear users are probably a minority. We can object to the program's portrayal of gym goers all we like, but unfortunately I think it's pretty accurate.

^^ Agree it would be great to show the responsible and effective form of use, but then I think taking that to the masses still fuels the younger generation getting into it and abusing it.
Whilst that would show the general public anabolics are not deadly drugs, If the yolo swag generation see it can be used safely and effectively I think it will be more of an incentive to those that fear it or hung up on the downsides of gear.

As it stated on the program the quite large percentage of people using it and it's much easier to get gear, of course some of that will be idiots that get their hands on it and go into it blindfolded.

Also another issue, how much money are these kids spending on this stuff....

The thing that has concerned me the most is the influence on younger males. He's showing off his gear to 14 year olds who perceive it's ok, he's cool he's on t.v.

Offering to "hook up" members of the local community. C'mon, if it was me I'd be keeping a lid on it.

His gf's an isagenix rep so at least they're both looking to improve people's lives

^^ Agree it would be great to show the responsible and effective form of use, but then I think taking that to the masses still fuels the younger generation getting into it and abusing it.

Whilst that would show the general public anabolics are not deadly drugs, If the yolo swag generation see it can be used safely and effectively I think it will be more of an incentive to those that fear it or hung up on the downsides of gear.

As it stated on the program the quite large percentage of people using it and it's much easier to get gear, of course some of that will be idiots that get their hands on it and go into it blindfolded.

Also another issue, how much money are these kids spending on this stuff....

Hopefully lots. When I bought my first vial it was $300. This was when everyone's gear was coming from the doctor in the city. I wasn't ripped off it was pharm grade and those were prices back then. I could only afford to use 250mg/ml (1ml) per week. So that's what I did and got sick gains. These kids on TV probably paying like 1/3 of that price so that means they use 3x as much. All those idiots who cut prices a couple years ago to try steal everyone's customers. They to blame also.

In principle, I agree. It would be interesting to show a side of gear use - the responsible side

Define "responsible gear use"?

And please explain why these two numpties are irresponsible compared to anyone else.

In principle, I agree. It would be interesting to show a side of gear use - the responsible side

Define "responsible gear use"?

And please explain why these two numpties are irresponsible compared to anyone else.

The guys just a fuckwit alright mate, end of story. No one needs to define anything.

Using AAS isn't really very sensible for anyone young or anyone at all. I think we all know and understand that. but neither are lots of other things people do. So like every thing there is a bad way to do things and a better way to do things. When you look like that Using a low dose of test only would be sensible, using test, masteron and Trenbolone when you look like that would be not very sensible... Actually fucking stupid. Offering people in your community tren on Facebook through your new found fame is also fucking stupid. Talking about wanting to be pro bodybuilder when you havnt even done one competition before is fucking stupid. Justifying what you are doing cycle wise because someone big who competes told you to do that is fucking stupid (it's probably the same person selling you the stuff, more compound more more money). I doubt the c*nt will even ever get on stage... Such a big ego and reputation to uphold that you can't afford to get beat or look Like shit. Very seldom does someone have a big mouth and bring it to the stage or platform. The humble people are always the winners. Life's too good on social media everyone's an expert and a coach lol how can you coach others and offer them help via meal plan and workout plan on fb when you can't even help yourself... Lmao so twisted! Fat bikini girls giving meal plans now a little runt inspiring ppl with athlete page. Hater checking in. Lol

The guys just a fuckwit alright mate, end of story.

Agreed, but that ain't the end of the story.

And I'm NOT trying to troll you here, I just think this is an interesting discussion ...

There are no schools to teach this stuff, there is nothing else besides the internet and 'that big guy at the gym' for these guys to learn and find shit out from, so why would you ever expect anything different?

I'm just saying that this whole topic is one big fuzzy grey area. And I hate when anyone says "my goals are worthy, therefore I can use gear, but your goals are not worthy".

Tell me this. Lance Armstrong had all the information in the world. Dr's, scientists, managers etc. He was old enough. He would have used the EXACT optimal doses. He never went on FB/IG and bragged. Was his gear use responsible?

Seems like every c*nt like this i encounter quickly justifies what theyre doing by saying some ex mr nz or ex pro bber gave them their advice etc.

They all describe dosages in mls and dont know what pct is. Who are these ex pro bbers that seem to be everywhere giving shite advice haha def salesmen imo

Pros are pretty common in nz now Bro, it doesn't really mean shit. Not like a pro has numerous overall titles under their belt... Some don't even have any. Just been gifted to them... So do they know anything? No. All they know is how to weasel up to moe. You can currently see about 15 weaselling up to him now on fb.

Responsible is knowing what you're doing, knowing what you're taking, knowing potential health risks and side effects, knowing your health is in check, knowing everuthing. Knowledge is power and you know everything you need to know then yeah it's responsible on a health level. Everyone says they know all this but they don't.

If you keep it to yourself then that's being responsible on another level.

I would say lance Armstrong was responsible.

The guys just a fuckwit alright mate, end of story.

Agreed, but that ain't the end of the story.

And I'm NOT trying to troll you here, I just think this is an interesting discussion ...

There are no schools to teach this stuff, there is nothing else besides the internet and 'that big guy at the gym' for these guys to learn and find shit out from, so why would you ever expect anything different?

I'm just saying that this whole topic is one big fuzzy grey area. And I hate when anyone says "my goals are worthy, therefore I can use gear, but your goals are not worthy".

Tell me this. Lance Armstrong had all the information in the world. Dr's, scientists, managers etc. He was old enough. He would have used the EXACT optimal doses. He never went on FB/IG and bragged. Was his gear use responsible?

I would say his use was responsible, much like I would say Ronnie Coleman's was. Not because of how much they use since I have no idea, but because thy were both the best at what they did.

Now, you could then argue that judging these kids is a little premature because they could be the best body builders ever, but the small kid is using more than I ever have for one cycle, and he's smaller than me when I was a 17 year old natty. He's been on for nearly a year dammit.

I don't care that he does it, but the fact he's made that public and now other people without knowledge will think that's what they have to do just to get bigger than a 15 year old girl... There's gonna be an increase of kidney transplants in the next 20 years.

You can go on multiple websites, and look fir what common starter dosages are, and find out which is the most common, most recommended, gave the best results etc. but nope, "Yeah I do 1.5mL of this every second day"