...And we're back online. Welcome!

Pseudonym

@Pseudonym

can you please check another thing when you got time - attachments quota. default seems to be set at 500kb which probably gonna confuse some people shortly. i'm up on 19mb now all mostly through my log i guess. when i try to attach pic now i get 'error this upload failed'. cheers.

edit, also is it possible to tag people? if so, how?

• 3 weeks later...

Ooops, sorry FOTR. I missed this post in the general chaos. I was actually coming here to post about something else. But as it happens, Shutupandsquat just asked me about the silly 500kb limit last night (I mean really, what's anyone going to do with 500kb?!). That's now been removed.

edit, also is it possible to tag people? if so, how?

Tagging is not currently possible, but I believe the next major version of this software will have it. Since that version is being largely rewritten from the ground up (and they're still in beta testing), we won't be adopting it any time soon - we'll wait until others have worked out all the kinks before upgrading ourselves. In the meantime, people do get notified when you quote them, so that's effectively tagging them.

Now, the reason I came back to this topic...

We've just updated the front page to use actual thumbnails from actual topics, rather than the placeholder images that were there. So post your pics up, guys, and be the first people to appear on our new front page!

True, although once they've been shrunk down to the size of a postage stamp for the profile pic, 50kb is plenty. Yours is currently 3kb, for example.

However, if the system is limiting the size of profile pics BEFORE it shrinks them, then that could be an issue. I'll look into it.