...And we're back online. Welcome!

Pseudonym

OK guys, the moment has (finally) arrived... we'll be upgrading to Gymnation 2.0 tonight. :D

That means I'll need to lock the forums from 10.30pm. Then we'll transfer the data across, and get everything installed. With a bit of luck, we'll be up and running on the new system around midday Saturday. See you then!

OK guys, the moment has (finally) arrived... we'll be upgrading to Gymnation 2.0 tonight. Biggrin

That means I'll need to lock the forums from 10.30pm. Then we'll transfer the data across, and get everything installed. With a bit of luck, we'll be up and running on the new system around midday Saturday. See you then!

WTF bro !!!!!    I just turned down going to the strip club so i could spend some time on Gymnation.

Na awesome, looking forward to the new site. 

Cheers guys. There are a few things that are obviously still a work in progress, but hopefully we can get on top of them pretty quickly.

A couple of things to mention...

- You'll see the forum structure has been simplified a bit - particularly around the Workout Journals. Now we can use tags to categorise journals, which is great for those who dabble in multiple disciplines.

- There's a separate skin for mobile, but for some reason it's not behaving for me right now. But watch this space, just as soon as I've worked out how to turn it on...

- Don't worry about the calendar events. I'll be bringing them across in the next week or so.

I'm pretty sure I had a lot more to say, but I'm a bit braindead right now. I'll probably post more later.

Ah yes, I knew there was more I needed to say... :D

is there something already underway to repair broken links?

There is indeed. The developers are hoping to get it up late next week. Also to bring across all the attachments that were first posted under NZBB (we've got the Gymnation ones already, just not anything older than that yet).

Moving databases like ours from one system to another is always tricky - and this migration was particularly so. There were a few glitches introduced when we first moved NZBB to Gymnation, so we used this as an opportunity to sort those out too. We actually took the original NZBB database and merged it with the new content on Gymnation. It solved the original issues, but it did make a tricky migration even trickier. So some things (like old attachments) it was just easier to bring across separately later.

also, what is the new equivalent of the old http://www.gymnation.co.nz/forum/updated? for those of us that like to troll read and provide meaningful feedback on all the latest posts

There's a "shiny new content" icon up the top beside the search bar.

^ Also, you see what I did there? That's a multi-quote function, that is.

Also also, while typing this reply, the system has been auto-saving it for me every minute or so.

Also also also, while typing this reply, a message popped up telling me someone else replied to this topic. I didn't know about that feature until now, but I like it!

Ah yes, I knew there was more I needed to say... :D

There is indeed. The developers are hoping to get it up late next week. Also to bring across all the attachments that were first posted under NZBB (we've got the Gymnation ones already, just not anything older than that yet).

Moving databases like ours from one system to another is always tricky - and this migration was particularly so. There were a few glitches introduced when we first moved NZBB to Gymnation, so we used this as an opportunity to sort those out too. We actually took the original NZBB database and merged it with the new content on Gymnation. It solved the original issues, but it did make a tricky migration even trickier. So some things (like old attachments) it was just easier to bring across separately later.

There's a "shiny new content" icon up the top beside the search bar.

^ Also, you see what I did there? That's a multi-quote function, that is.

Also also, while typing this reply, the system has been auto-saving it for me every minute or so.

Also also also, while typing this reply, a message popped up telling me someone else replied to this topic. I didn't know about that feature until now, but I like it!

very exciting stuff!

I cant seem to jump to the last post in workout journals from my mobile in either mine or others?

Yep, some topic icons weren't linking properly. I've just fixed that. Icons and topic title now both link to the first unread message.

What are "warning points" ? 

Good question. Don't know. But I guess it's something for the mods to play with. Not sure why it's publicly visible though... I'll look into it later.

Also the layout on my phone is terrible to use.... is it just my browser. Using google chrome.

Yep, the mobile skin isn't working properly yet. I hope to get on top of that tonight.

is it gonna be possible at all to bump up the quota on persomal messages ?

Sorted. The default was 50. I've just increased it to 1000. :)