Supplement Advice for novice trainer....

tutacs1315

Some advice please on recommended supplements that will help burn fat and gain lean muscle...I guess thats a pretty common goal.

Current weight 135kgs... max bench 140kg... max deadlift 180kgs... max squat 150kgs.

I train 3 times per week, but not really seriously other than trying to lift bigger.. haven't trained in about two months and looking to get back into it... really just wanting to be more consistent in the gym and start to lose body fat whilst building strength and muscle...

Have tried Detonate, and ripped freak..

I don't think you need supps at your level.

I think the most important thing for you is motivation to get to gym at this novice stage, so making sure you have some kind of stimulant on hand before gym would be a start. Nothing really beats caffine. Caffine also increases your metabolism but it caps out at around 5% of Basic Metabolic Rate.

Creatine is cheap and effective apart from that I don't really see the need, I'd invest more in making sure your life is setup to make getting to gym/eating correctly optimal, tracking your progress and diet and making sure you are on a good diet plan. This will improve your fat loss so much more than retail supplements.

I don't think you need supps at your level.

I think the most important thing for you is motivation to get to gym at this novice stage, so making sure you have some kind of stimulant on hand before gym would be a start. Nothing really beats caffine. Caffine also increases your metabolism but it caps out at around 5% of Basic Metabolic Rate.

Creatine is cheap and effective apart from that I don't really see the need, I'd invest more in making sure your life is setup to make getting to gym/eating correctly optimal, tracking your progress and diet and making sure you are on a good diet plan. This will improve your fat loss so much more than retail supplements.

Cheers for the reply... I guess having had something like detonate i'm keen on something that would help replicate the fat burning benefits and the energy boost that detonate gave me.. I know it's gone so guess the question is...what the next best option..

Apprecite your advice...will definately take it on board.

Well as a general rule of thumb, supps are used to compliment a well rounded diet so lets start with that - how are you doing as far as food is concerned? have you gotten as far as trying to find out how many calories you currently get in vs how much you should be getting in? 135kg i dunno your height or bodyfat, you could either be getting in too much or too little food given your energy expenditure.

strength training 3 x a week is good start,  pretty good lifts for a guy who's not even training seriously haha. get yourself consistent in the gym with both weights training and some cardio sessions on your off days (or after the weights sessions) and consistent with food, you'll notice the muscle showing up underneath any fat soon enough. you may find some of those thermogenics / fat burners useful if not for actually burning fat then for their appetite suppression properties. staying well hydrated can also help you feel better during the day.

you could get a simple whey protein to help as a snack during the day but if you're used to eating a lot then you'll probably feel better getting majority of your nutrients from actual food as shakes could leave you feeling hungry