What is your salary/hourly rate?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For 10 hours per week max 50k is awesome. Why the fuk you give that up to join army? 40k and long hours is pretty povo especially in Auckland with associated high living costs.

I'd kill to make 50k working 10 hour weeks. I made 40k for the last financial year and that was working 45 hours a week and no benefits lol. Just a duty manager at Pak n Save.

Same I would also kill to make 50 grand and work only ten hours a week 

That's only good if it's scalable. You can't live (rent or buy, drive a car, pay for a gym memebership, eat like a powerbuilder, pay electiricity/internet/gas/water, cloth yourself etc) on 50k in Auckland.

Need to do 20hrs a week, and earn 100k. THEN you're a fucking genious! 

Man... think I need to ask the boss for a raise! :-p

That, or the same pay and more time off. Actually, I'd probably prefer that. Northland Powah, what do you do that gives you 13 weeks holiday a year?!

You can't live (rent or buy, drive a car, pay for a gym memebership, eat like a powerbuilder, pay electiricity/internet/gas/water, cloth yourself etc) on 50k in Auckland.

I think you're exaggerating a bit here. $50k is not a great salary, but it's not insignificant - and it's perfectly livable on, even in Auckland. You just flat a bit further out of town, rather than live by yourself in a mansion in the central suburbs.

For 10 hours per week max 50k is awesome. Why the fuk you give that up to join army? 40k and long hours is pretty povo especially in Auckland with associated high living costs.

I'd kill to make 50k working 10 hour weeks. I made 40k for the last financial year and that was working 45 hours a week and no benefits lol. Just a duty manager at Pak n Save.

Same I would also kill to make 50 grand and work only ten hours a week 

That's only good if it's scalable. You can't live (rent or buy, drive a car, pay for a gym memebership, eat like a powerbuilder, pay electiricity/internet/gas/water, cloth yourself etc) on 50k in Auckland.

Need to do 20hrs a week, and earn 100k. THEN you're a fucking genious! 

it's doable alright. i wasn't living like a king but i was happy getting a lot more out of life than i do now in corporate environment.  i moved on at the time because money wasn't as significant to me as my dreams.. i know of a few people (direct, not friend of a friend) who jumped on to 70k roles after a year or two working in large IT companies like this one so that's what I'm counting on now lol

bit hard now to try accept more work on the side because conflict of interest with my job  so progressing up the chain best option as can't afford to just go back to doing nothing for a while trying to build up contracts again.. though i would love to return to that old lifestyle again. 

I guess I'm towards the lower end in this thread. 70k but only work three quarters of the year. 13 weeks holiday. 7 weeks over Christmas break. Great work no  stress at all. Little incentive to move onto middle management as it's a lot more work for little financial reward.

lower end what the heck? thats like upper class stuff right there lol 70k and 13 weeks off. get to keep fit as part of the job only down side have to deal with potentially snobby kids but you get to participate at some level in sports with your job.. i remmeber in highschool though it was our PE teachers who gave us some of those 'talks' that would be pretty awkward. 

I guess I'm towards the lower end in this thread. 70k but only work three quarters of the year. 13 weeks holiday. 7 weeks over Christmas break. Great work no  stress at all. Little incentive to move onto middle management as it's a lot more work for little financial reward.

lower end what the heck? thats like upper class stuff right there lol 70k and 13 weeks off. get to keep fit as part of the job only down side have to deal with potentially snobby kids but you get to participate at some level in sports with your job.. i remmeber in highschool though it was our PE teachers who gave us some of those 'talks' that would be pretty awkward. 

Yeah I deal with 'those' talks but they are actually a laugh when you are an adult because you get all the wierd questions. I have a box where students put their random questions in and I read them, we usually as a department read out the really wierd ones together for a laugh. 

The other bonus of the job is the fact that the wife is also a teacher so we get the same holidays. 

26 an hour 

200 bucks extra a week fro answering the phone when people call out of hours and need urgent suport

Car

Fuel card

about 40hours a week 

boss rips me for a manditory lunch break even though i never have time for it or i use ti to drive to next customer

no one in our company has had a pay rise in the last 7 years meaning my spending power on the initial rise is down 21% approx.

seeking new employment  - i work in the IT range of things just installing software setting up systems for stores - training managers - supporting them - and fixing shit when they break it. lots of cunty database work doing SQL's and procedures and other shit.

kinda just drifted into the job - i would rather be an ostoepath or something. work with my hands and engage with real people not just shouty store managers.

contemplate going postal weekly - when on tren hourly - kinda kidding here but kinda not lol

Yeah I deal with 'those' talks but they are actually a laugh when you are an adult because you get all the wierd questions. I have a box where students put their random questions in and I read them, we usually as a department read out the really wierd ones together for a laugh. 

The other bonus of the job is the fact that the wife is also a teacher so we get the same holidays. 

How's that Novopay system working out for you?

I hear some people got a heap more than they were supposed to and others didn't get paid for like 6 months or a year!?