UFC - Mark Hunt vs Big Country

Pseudonym

Anyone here big UFC fans?

Pumped to see Mark Hunt vs Big Country this weekend!

Just read on Seek that Hunt gotta cut 8 kilos to make 120kg limit!

Lol that's not hard to do at 128kg. He could lose 3 to 4kg simply from going to the toilet if he doesn't replace it by eating and drinking for 24 hours before weigh-in. I'm 88kg and I lose 2.5kg in 24 hours from excretion if I don't eat or drink.

Remaining 4 or 5kgs he can simply sweat out by sitting in the sauna or taking hot baths. Human body can sweat out 15 litres of fluid in 24 hours.

True...but balance wise he wouldnt want to go in there to dehydrated otherwise hes over mind you country is fat like me too and will and can take a punch if a lucky one sneaks through..night nurse either way..

Weigh-in is on Friday night. The actual fight isn't until Saturday night. He can easily regain 8kgs and more in that 24 hours without losing any strength. Just gotta rehydrate and replenish glycogen and electrolytes.

I watched the fight with one of Hunt's training partners. He told me the weight cut story was a complete beat up and that Mark literally was about 1kg over on the day of the weigh-in. He weighed in at 264lbs, not the max allowable of 266, so sufficient to say it wasn't a hard cut.

Amazing how technical Mark is as a striker. Big Country tends to rely on a big overhand right, meanwhile Hunt has a killer left hook combined with a straight right or right upper. Lolo his cornerman probably instructed him to start throwing the right uppercuts in Rd 2 as he barely threw any in the 1st round. Nelson kept shooting in for the takedown (how good is Hunt's defence?!) and dropping his head. The upper cut worked a treat.

I think they'll give him Arlovski next. Mark really wants a crack at the title, but will need another fight or two. The horrible thing about the heavyweight division is that Cain and Dos Santos are head and shoulders above, but have already fought each other 3 times. If Cain mauls Werdum, then Mark will be right in the mix for the next shot.