Wannabe MILF starts again.

MILF

While I’m not a Bodybuilder or Powerlifter I do like to come on here for motivation and inspiration.  And, yet again I have come out of winter and thought “Oh, Sugar Honey Ice Tea! I’m Fat. Again”

So, here I go again scrambling to look half decent for the summer. While I could blame work, kids, study, life for this, really it’s my own damn fault for eating too much and not moving enough. *sigh

Anyway, I have been good this week. Went to the gym at 6am on Monday and then got up this morning and did 20min bike. I need to work on my food. Seriously.

I can’t get to the gym much but I can try for 2/3 times a week and I have made it my goal to exert myself for at least 30min every day.

I weighed myself this morning. 62.1kg. I need to lose 14kg total by February but right now I’m aiming for 10kg by December. That gives me 12 weeks.

Off to remind myself how to eat like a boss.

Oh, and I took a photo of myself this moring in my goal bikini. Heyzuse! It's scary.

Hi MILF only scarey when you do nothing about it, but weight is not the only thing to consider, you may find as you go building some strength and condition may mean your lean mass will increase and this is a good thing!

And yes diet is 70% of weight control so hope you get sorted on how to eat like a boss.

Hey MILF, welcome back - good to see you stop lurking!

I have come out of winter and thought “Oh, Sugar Honey Ice Tea! I’m Fat. Again”

Haha! Going by the number of ladies that have suddenly appeared on the site just in the last week, I suspect you're not alone.

Biggrin

haha Thanks Pseudo. :-D

Thats really interesting, one thing I read somewhere is that for a starting point take your goal weight in lb's and that should be a baseline guide for how many grams of protien you have. In your case 105.

What time of the day do you train, or where does it fit in your meal plan ?

So, I read a lot. And I read something that says my body type (I decided I'm an endomorph) should work with a 35% protein, 25% carbs and 40% fat ratio. (I read this on BB.com)

So I went onto FitDay and devised this food plan. It's in order if you can follow it. (Yes, I know it's only 1400cal and yes, I have done the calorie thingy that tells you how much cals you need a day.) *mosking*

Can you see what I attached?

FitDay.pdf

Thats really interesting, one thing I read somewhere is that for a starting point take your goal weight in lb's and that should be a baseline guide for how many grams of protien you have. In your case 105.

What time of the day do you train, or where does it fit in your meal plan ?

That is interesting. I have not heard that theory before but it's ironic that the meal plan I made is also 105gm of protein. I have always worked on the theory of 1.5gm for every kg of weight which would be 93gm BUT working from the 35% protein, 25% carbs and 40% fat ratio that would not be enough protein.

I am just trying to get into a 'training' routine. It will most likely be early morning.

You don't nessessarly have to overcomplicate things and make them too technical, And if your planning a weight loss journey and aiming to get fit, then doing this could be the very reason why a lot of people give up or stall or don't feel motivated, because all this technicality is probably not nessessary unless your deep into contest prep like rebel or bibby. Maybe what you could do is just shoot for 150g protein (random number, seems good enough) and then start avoiding too much junk exept on weekends, replace them with fruits or something similar, add in daily cardio, and find a fun workout program and see where you go from there, just my opinion :) Good luck milf.

You don't nessessarly have to overcomplicate things and make them too technical, And if your planning a weight loss journey and aiming to get fit, then doing this could be the very reason why a lot of people give up or stall or don't feel motivated, because all this technicality is probably not nessessary unless your deep into contest prep like rebel or bibby. Maybe what you could do is just shoot for 150g protein (random number, seems good enough) and then start avoiding too much junk exept on weekends, replace them with fruits or something similar, add in daily cardio, and find a fun workout program and see where you go from there, just my opinion Smile Good luck milf.

Good reply, GyzzBrah, if things become too technical and strict life simply becomes boring and tedious.

I have been watching the comments and personally I would say that the protein should be higher and carbohydtates lower, but that is just my opinion. I would chose 65% protein, 20% carbs, 15% fats, but as I say that is just my opinion.

lol it's not a matter of technicality it's a matter of what's right and what's wrong. Fuckit let's just make it 200g it's a nice round number...

telling her to bump protein to 150g is adding another 200kcal to her diet. Good luck with that.

how is it that people make this so hard and wtf is up with eating 65% protein? Where the fiber at? Work out your protein requirements based on scientific recommendations, about 1.6-1.7g/kg (might be a bit less for women) of body weight and make up the rest of your diet in an even proportion of carbs and fats. Not rocket science.

also this thread needs pics. Ty.

*sigh. I know, I hear what your saying. I'm just not someone who can wing it. I need the technical stuff. I'm a bit OCD. I need a eating plan, something to stick to. Otherwise I get lost and fall back into bad habits like evening eating on the couch.

Thanks though.

I don't think this makes much sense, because what if you're like 150kg and you want to be 70kg? This would mean you would consume very, very little protein for your current BW. 

@MILF
You'll get a lot of different recommendations from different people for protein. Pick a number between 1-2g / kg of lean mass and you'll have your grams. This number will ensure you get enough amino acids and any excess protein will be "converted" (neoglucogenesis) into carbs, so theres no harm in consuming more. 

Also, imo 1kg per week is quite difficult (even more-so for women) unless you really starve yourself from the calories you need, which will result in muscle tissue loss (which means weight comes back on easier). A lot of it will also be water weight lost due a low carb diet, since most of your caloric intake will be from protein. This water weight will come right back on once you start eating carbs again. I'd like to recommend you Lyle McDonald's "Flexible Dieting"

So I think your goal is a great one, but I would like to respectfully suggest that the smart route is the slower, and steadier one which will ensure the weight stays off for good. Learn to lift some weights (to retain muscle during your cut), do some light cardio and shoot for a 15-20% caloric deficit from whatever your maintence calories are and you should see a solid 0.5kg a week and keep this up!

@MILF
You'll get a lot of different recommendations from different people for protein. Pick a number between 1-2g / kg of lean mass and you'll have your grams. This number will ensure you get enough amino acids and any excess protein will be "converted" (neoglucogenesis) into carbs, so theres no harm in consuming more. 

Also, imo 1kg per week is quite difficult (even more-so for women) unless you really starve yourself from the calories you need, which will result in muscle tissue loss (which means weight comes back on easier). A lot of it will also be water weight lost due a low carb diet, since most of your caloric intake will be from protein. This water weight will come right back on once you start eating carbs again. I'd like to recommend you Lyle McDonald's "Flexible Dieting"

So I think your goal is a great one, but I would like to respectfully suggest that the smart route is the slower, and steadier one which will ensure the weight stays off for good. Learn to lift some weights (to retain muscle during your cut), do some light cardio and shoot for a 15-20% caloric deficit from whatever your maintence calories are and you should see a solid 0.5kg a week and keep this up!

Thanks Musicas. Thanks for the awesome link. I've started reading and it's really thought provoking. :-)

yet again I have come out of winter and thought “Oh, Sugar Honey Ice Tea! I’m Fat. Again”

I've read through this blog, and some of your previous posts.

I see you've done the whole "I need to lose x amount of kgs by date x" several times before on the forum. I suggest you take a different approach. Although you definitely could achieve it (you've done it before), if you try to lose 10kgs by December by pushing yourself rediculously hard, you will most likely not be able to maintain this change (as you most haven't before). 

You want to succeed in your weightloss after several, if not a lifetimes worth of "failures"  - (as you've regained the weight so many times), but then you attempt to do the exact same thing as before - jump into a diet and exercise regime that is not maintainable. 

When people say "you need to be willing to do what you haven't before". The thing that you probably haven't done before is to work on creating something maintainable - not just thinking about working hard/harder/hardest. This also takes hard work, and yes it's probably harder than just smashing cardio for 12 weeks because summer is coming, but it's much better for you. 

Yes you want a "summer body", but what if you could have that "summer body" every year without having to put yourself through continual, stressful, weight loss and regain?

Build things up slowly. Be realistic. Think long term. 

If you start a diet and exercise regime that is drastically different to your re regular non-dieting life - it is more likely that you are to fail (and science has recently been suggesting will actually make you fatter in the long run (too lazy to reference sorry)) 

I'm not trying to put you off, I just think you should consider the bigger picture. 

Thanks Dinahlady for your thoughts. I appreciate everyone's input. I did write a big novel reply but then decided that was way too much personal information that I wasn't willing to share so I'll just say that;

1, what I write on here is only a snippet of a small window into my life so it can look misleading and

2; when I have put on weight it's because I have been pregnant. I work hard and lose the baby weight and keep it off. Hence not having posted for several years so I definitely don't feel like I have failed at all.

This weight gain was due to adrenal fatigue but I'm healthy now so ready to get back to being myself.p>

You haven’t put me off. It’s not about striving to be something I’m not, it’s about trying to get back to what I was.

On another note, and partly taking on what GyzzBrah said, instead of slogging it out in the gym, this time I will go there 2 days, then I’ll walk, run, bike, swim, go to gymnastics and ride horses etc. Maybe get some inline skates and go skating. I have options now the kids are older and more independent.

So. I went to gymnastics on Friday and realised that while I may be good at squatting, I can’t for the life of me jump. Then on Sunday I went for run on a country road in the middle of nowhere. And gym’ed it this morning. As long as I do at least 30 min of something every day and roughly follow my eating plan making sure I keep my protein up I’ll get there.*wink*

• 2 weeks later...

have rest days so you dont overtrain and make sure you arent eating too little. people will probably say other BS like refeeds/carb cycling but thats essentially it. so long as youre consistently losing enough fat every week youre winning. waste of time weighing yourself every day. if you hungry/tired probably a good sign that you are in energy defecit