Ankle injury 6 weeks ago, how to reduce swelling?

NSNZ

What's up GN.

About 6 weeks ago I sprained my ankle the worst I've ever done it playing basketball. Took 4 1/2 weeks just to be able to walk without a limp, had x-rays done at the time to confirm that it was just ligament damage rather than anything more severe. 

It has now been 7 weeks since my injury and there is still noticable swelling around the affected ankle (it's my right ankle). Physio says just time and stretching will reduce swelling, as well as low-impact movement such as walking or the stationary bike. He cleared me from squatting/deadlifting etcetra and shooting around. 

I understand that time will be the best healer, but do any of you have any tips for speeding the process up? Would love to be jumping about on the hardwood again ASAP.

Cheers team!

it sucks man but you're gonna have to take some time off from intensive lower body movements. treamil walking eventually light jogging is fine it's straight line even surface. had a pretty bad one myself around start of the year took 2 months before swelling was out and even now it's still not fully right. doing stretching all around to help with range of motion and back to sports again.

i remember icing it every day for atleast 10 mins after workouts even if i barely used my ankles. you can still train lower body if you want but it'll have to be with the leg extension/leg curls machines.