Completed 16 months bulk - 64kg to 93kg - 5'9

pkgr33n

Hey so i've been bulking for about 16 months now, started off skinny fat and now I think i'm just fat with a bit of muscle lol. Probably was bulking at 3k+ cals a day (rough estimate)

Stats:
Age - 22
Height - 5'9 174cm
Weight - 64kg in first pic, and now at 93kg)

I’m going on a cut now; probably look into tracking cals (2400 cals, 200g carbs, 85g fat, 210 proteins) - Do my cals and macros look ok?

What do you think of progress? (Be honest, I can take criticism lol)

How much bf% do you think i'm at?

What do you think would be a good form of cardio and how often? I was thinking HIIT 3-5times a week 20mins at a time?

Also if you got any recommenndations for any good fat burners, please let me know :D

First pic is at 64kg (pump) the next few pics are at 93kg no pump at all (All pics attached below, for some reason wouldn't let me upload to a website and embedd them :S)

If you got any questions, feel free 2 ask

post-8006-14190332809347_thumb.jpg

post-8006-14190332809397_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809429_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809458_thumb.png

post-8006-1419033280949_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809524_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809558_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809592_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809622_thumb.png

post-8006-14190332809649_thumb.png

If you look at his shoulders and biceps, you can see he's definitely gained a reasonable amount of muscle. But yeah, there's an awful lot of fat gain that came with it.

As Leeroid says, careful not to drop your calories too much too soon. Definitely clean up the diet starting now - no more sugar, good carbs only - and then slowly bring the calories down.

Good luck!

Probably over-did the bulk. I'd say you're at least 25%. What's the point of getting so fat? IMO anyone that goes gym should never go over 15% max.

You gained 29kgs and probably 3 or 4kgs of muscle. To get to 10% or so, you're gonna have to drop a good 20kgs at least. Also looks like you gave yourself gyno from the high bodyfat. High bodyfat = high estrogen.

Good luck on your cut. Cals might be too much of a drop. I'd start off at 3k cals initially, see how much you lose in the first 2 or 3 weeks then drop 100-200 cals each week. Cardio is not necessary on a cut, it only lets you eat more calories.

Yeah I prob am around the 25% mark tbh. I Dunno man, this was my first ever bulk, so I went all out. I was skinny fat to start with and went all out which was a bad idea lol. 

Damn 3-4kgs only? Also I've always kind of had a mild gyno, I was really fat to start off with at like 90kg but like 30%+ bf, no muscle whatsoever. 

Ok I think i'll start off a bit higher cals then, maybe 2.7k and slowly drop it etc as I go on. Ohk not even a mild form of cardio like 20mins uphill walking etc? 

Cheers for the input bro

jesus fucking christ. defs overdid bulk. jump on the clen asap. if i was you id be chucking every possible fatburning drug at my body.

Haha I went a bit insane :P

If you look at his shoulders and biceps, you can see he's definitely gained a reasonable amount of muscle. But yeah, there's an awful lot of fat gain that came with it.

As Leeroid says, careful not to drop your calories too much too soon. Definitely clean up the diet starting now - no more sugar, good carbs only - and then slowly bring the calories down.

Good luck!

Thanks man, yep if only I did it right, wouldnt be this bloofy. Also definitely cleaning up the diet, I really don't have much sugars anyways. Also do you think 200g carbs is quite high on a cut for my stats or is that fine? 

I'll need a bit of that luck :D

Also do you think 200g carbs is quite high on a cut for my stats or is that fine?

It all depends - how does that compare to what you were getting previously? But I would say that should be fine for now. Don't go lower until you need to.

Also, keep posting updates regularly. Every 3-4 months is good. That way, we won't let you get 16 months down the track going, "Oh bugger, I over-bulked." :D

But hey... shit happens. I've had the opposite problem - I posted before/after photos 12 months apart, and no-one could tell the difference! Just learn from it, and move on.

64-93kgs 174cm in height. I'd say you'd be quite lean at 70kgs but all this work in acquiring bulk and when you cut the fat you have so much to loose you'll just be wasting muscle mass. What's your routine like??

my opinion I would take some thermos, up my protein and lower cals to strip the fat off ASAP and slow bulk over summer. 

looking forward to seeing your cut 

You gained quite a bit of size, and good on you for not making a beginner mistake of dropping to 0 fat macros, starving yourself, going keto 3 months into training, training every single bodypart everyday for 4 hours, looking up to zyzz thinking he did all that etc. Yes I did all those. :) Gonna look real good once you lean out :D

Also do you think 200g carbs is quite high on a cut for my stats or is that fine?

It all depends - how does that compare to what you were getting previously? But I would say that should be fine for now. Don't go lower until you need to.

Also, keep posting updates regularly. Every 3-4 months is good. That way, we won't let you get 16 months down the track going, "Oh bugger, I over-bulked." Biggrin

But hey... shit happens. I've had the opposite problem - I posted before/after photos 12 months apart, and no-one could tell the difference! Just learn from it, and move on.

Yeah i'll definitely post an update in 3-4months. LMAO doubt I would of reached this many kgs If I had posted regular updates haha. Someone surely would of convinced me to slow down etc haha.

wow good work on the bulk man atleast you know how it's done now you just have to work on leaning out then next time you start bulking do it with a bit more of a conservative approach

Yeah man definiately 

64-93kgs 174cm in height. I'd say you'd be quite lean at 70kgs but all this work in acquiring bulk and when you cut the fat you have so much to loose you'll just be wasting muscle mass. What's your routine like??

my opinion I would take some thermos, up my protein and lower cals to strip the fat off ASAP and slow bulk over summer. 

looking forward to seeing your cut 

Yeah I'm not to keen to drop down to 70kg, well i'll see how much size I maintain etc, not 2 fussed about kg's tbh then. My routine is 6 days a week in the gym:  Chest/Triceps, Abs, Shoulders, Legs, Biceps/Abs, Back

You sir could be a spokesperson for "Bulk for Life" !

*Dream Bulking Crew* checking in

Swap the pics around and say the after is the before and that it's your weight loss journey

LOL

You gained quite a bit of size, and good on you for not making a beginner mistake of dropping to 0 fat macros, starving yourself, going keto 3 months into training, training every single bodypart everyday for 4 hours, looking up to zyzz thinking he did all that etc. Yes I did all those. Smile Gonna look real good once you lean out Biggrin

Haha thanks man. Really hope so, but this leaning out will take quite some time :(