Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

sports massage - North Shore..

8 posts in this topic

Can any one recommend some one who can give a decent sports massage on the North Shore..
Not your average run of the mill massage but some one who actually knows what they doing.. Some one who knows what and where trigger points are.. Some one who can go straight to the sore or tight points and massage them out..

Been to a few now and am tired of wasting money trying to find some one who knows what they are doing..

Can any one recommend some one they have actually been to that is capable?

cheers in advance.

I've been impressed with Roland Jeffery Physio in Glenfield.

They look after a heap of football teams, from the All Whites down. So they're one of those places that walks the talk. They may do sports massages, and if they do, I'd imagine they probably do it quite well.

I have used the physios there a lot before...
But I presume you are talking about the guy they have that is there strictly for massaging?
Have you had a massage from him before?  Is this who you are talking about
Pseudonym?

rebel101 is located on north shore. she might be able to give you decent one..best to ask her though

I have used the physios there a lot before...

But I presume you are talking about the guy they have that is there strictly for massaging?

Have you had a massage from him before?  Is this who you are talking about

Pseudonym?

Yeah, as I say, I don't know that they have a sports massage guy, but if they do, I imagine he's not too shabby. But that's only going on the general reputation of the clinic - I haven't used him myself.

to be honest mate I used to use the physio's there but I have given up on them.. I find them hopeless.  They dont do a lot of hands on stuff which I find works best for me..
Just my personal views of them.
And if I need hands on, they make you pay via the massage guy.. No ACC.

It's shame they didnt add a good osteo to their business as I do like the guys there. All good natured and great to deal with..

I have had a massage from the massage guy there ages back.. I cant remember what he was like as far as being able to find sort points etc, but I do remember for the first time in my life I was sore the next day...  Well I did ask him for a hard massage lol..

Might go back and give him another shot and ask him to tame it down..

cheers guys.