NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Pseudonym

Crossfit Games 2014

I actually watched the last 2 events.

From what I understand Froning may be retiring to focus on the team event. Not sure.

He's very beatable if there is alot of running and swimming. Everything else he's got everyone's number.

Surprising amount of strongman events in the Games this year. In the team event there were 7 events that had strongman, or strongman style events.

I wonder how the audience numbers would compare?

I'm picking crossfit probably has a more actively engaged audience, but I reckon there'd be more people with at least a "passing interest" in the Olympia.

Well you'd have to be on social media to really come across who won either title if you weren't looking for it. however espn would probably mention and highlight rich frowning winning the games. I doubt they would air any mention of the Olympia title.

so then on social media My guess would be there would be more mention of the crossfit games than the Olympia when they are on.

ESPN2 dropped their live coverage of the Games in the last 2 events to an ESPN News channel...for tennis.

The hilarious thing for me is that they dropped World's Strongest Man for Crossfit, due to 'rampant steroid use in strongman', despite the lack of testing in CF.

ESPN2 dropped their live coverage of the Games in the last 2 events to an ESPN News channel...for tennis.

The hilarious thing for me is that they dropped World's Strongest Man for Crossfit, due to 'rampant steroid use in strongman', despite the lack of testing in CF.

Lol and nobody uses gear in NFL

Of course CrossFit has bigger audiences, and more prize money! Come on, its fucking simple ...

Participation in crossfit across the world would be massively larger than participation in bodybuilding. That translates directly into number of people with an interest, or passing interest to watch which translates into sponsorship and prize money.

Face it. BodyBuilding is a fringe sport that most 'normal' people think of as only for freaks. Where as CrossFit is now mainstream.