Is it possible to lose fat while slowly bulking?

mrgeeky

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dinahlady told me she rages each time she reads one of your posts due to the pure stupidity it contains.

LOL 

cheers Dinah lady, so where do I sit at with my calori intake?  Lets say I sit at maintanence calories while I fix my shoulder..

Do I sit at mainanence level for 90kg?

Or do I sit at maintenance level for 119kg?

If I stick at maintenance levels for 119kg, and my shoulder takes 6 months to come right, I'll still be a fat blob in 6 months time..

Thoughts please?

You're maintanence/calories are to be calculated from where you are now. 

Eating maintanence calories doesnt mean you'll maintain your current body composition. 

Thanks Dinah lady and cheers for the help..

Guys, I get that you want to liven things up and have a bit of fun. But mocking someone for what you think is a stupid question is a sure-fire way to stop newbies and shy members from asking any questions altogether.

Right now, we can't afford to discourage anyone from posting.

If it's going to survive, this forum needs to rebuild its reputation for being a place where people can find information and have discussions on every level, from beginner to advanced. If you value this forum, the best thing you can do for it is to simply be helpful. Failing that, please just stay out of the topic and leave it for someone else to help.

:(

And I'd agree with you normally but mrgeeky is a hard case. He's the type of guy that every bodybuilder hates the most. Just a never ending rabbit hole full of contradicitons. Wants high test levels but not willing to inject or take orals. Wants to get leaner but not willing to count calories or macros. Wanting to gain muscle while losing fat while not lifting and rehabbing a shoulder at the same time. Trying to calculate calories for a 90kg person when he weighs 120kg.

you are right leeroid, you need to put in the hard yards, and it's a package deal. food, training, rest etc

if mrgeeky is either returning from way back or a newbee, it's a lot to take in. 

It's been a steep learning curve for me all over again. there is a much better understanding nowdays of what's needed to succeed. 

When I started weights in the late eight's it was easy never be hungry eat ok and make gains.

coming back in 2007 being then fat it was a different story it took two years to do what i have nearly done this time in near on 7months, and thats really from listening and learning from you buggers. 

working it out and trying it

mrgeeky use the search engine here before you open yourself up to the fun n games. you might find your answers were given 6/9/12 months ago to some other poor egg.

Guys, I get that you want to liven things up and have a bit of fun. But mocking someone for what you think is a stupid question is a sure-fire way to stop newbies and shy members from asking any questions altogether.

If it's going to survive, this forum needs to rebuild its reputation for being a place where people can find information and have discussions on every level, from beginner to advanced. If you value this forum, the best thing you can do for it is to simply be helpful. Failing that, please just stay out of the topic and leave it for someone else to help.

Sad

thanks mate.. cool post.. Probably a bit late for me.. I have already started chatting in another bb forum with out the drama..

Not that there aren't many very helpful and really nice people on this site. People that t I have a lot of time and respect for.. Dinahlady, Chemo, TheFellowshipOfTheRon, etc, and even your self Pseudonym who are always very nice and helpful, but the few like Leeroid seem to spoil it for the rest..

I cant help but wonder, does this site have the ability to block others or can a block function be put in place so that people who are tired fo the bickering can simply block drama queens like Leeroid?

Sad

thanks mate.. cool post.. Probably a bit late for me.. I have already started chatting in another bb forum with out the drama..

Not that there aren't many very helpful and really nice people on this site. People that t I have a lot of time and respect for.. Dinahlady, Chemo, TheFellowshipOfTheRon, etc, and even your self Pseudonym who are always very nice and helpful, but the few like Leeroid seem to spoil it for the rest..

I cant help but wonder, does this site have the ability to block others or can a block function be put in place so that people who are tired fo the bickering can simply block drama queens like Leeroid?

what forum is that?

no offence to them but the people you have restpect for dont even look like they lift and/or find your questions annoying as well. i dont find them annoying myself..think its amusing, however if i felt compelled to answer them i would be highly annoyed.

its not because you lack knowlege that your questions are annoying, its more that you too lazy to research anything yourself and whenever someone gives you an answer to your question you dont follow advice and also you ask similar questions which you could easily answer yourself with basic knowlege or by experiment yourself, but youre too lazy to do that, and its probably the same reason youre still fat.

if leeroid stopped posting on here forum would definately be worse off.

What this forum needs is entertainment lol. The old forum was much more entertaining when people were getting into dogfights in every other thread

No disrespect Pseudo

That's true... to a degree. It's entertaining to read, but I don't think it gets new people posting. And if old members drift away and aren't replaced, it's not a healthy prospect for a forum.

Trust me - I understand your frustrations here. But ask yourself, would this topic make a new member sign up and start posting?

EDIT: I admit that right now I'm probably a bit more sensitive about this than normal, but I still think my gut feeling that smack talk just encourages the regulars to read, rather than the newbies to post, is a valid one.

Sorry Azide, im just not interested in the petty bickering... You guys want to behave like school children your call.. Not something im interested in being part of so Im not going to waste my time debating you.. ..

I now post in T-Nation and one other BB forum which I wont mention as i post under the same user name.. Dont need you drama queens following me there for the same old bullshit..

Any with that Im out of here.. Will leave you guys to bicker amongst your selves. Have fun..

And yeah yeah, I'll try not to let the door hit me in the ass on the way out..  *gone*

Sorry Azide, im just not interested in the petty bickering... You guys want to behave like school children your call.. Not something im interested in being part of so Im not going to waste my time debating you.. ..

I now post in T-Nation and one other BB forum which I wont mention as i post under the same user name.. Dont need you drama queens following me there for the same old bullshit..

Any with that Im out of here.. Will leave you guys to bicker amongst your selves. Have fun..

And yeah yeah, I'll try not to let the door hit me in the ass on the way out..  *gone*

it says youre still online

Give it some time im sure you will start getting the exact same responses there as what you get here from some people. You have been here since 08 have almost 800 posts, yet you ask basic questions I would expect from someone just getting into fitness, starting as a new member on this forum. If you can't take in what has been posted many many times before on this very site, along with countless others, there seems to be no hope for you.

However im sure people will be nice to you over a T-nation for a while at least, until they realize you are taking in nothing and continue down your own path ignoring advice, doing your own thing, and asking the simpliest of questions that could have been found out in a 30 sec google search.

Farewell.

Give it some time im sure you will start getting the exact same responses there as what you get here from some people. You have been here since 08 have almost 800 posts, yet you ask basic questions I would expect from someone just getting into fitness, starting as a new member on this forum. If you can't take in what has been posted many many times before on this very site, along with countless others, there seems to be no hope for you.

However im sure people will be nice to you over a T-nation for a while at least, until they realize you are taking in nothing and continue down your own path ignoring advice, doing your own thing, and asking the simpliest of questions that could have been found out in a 30 sec google search.

Farewell.

p.s. you pointed out Leeroid as a poster acting like a school child because of his response to you. Maybe you should look at some of his replies to a lot of newer members and the helpful info he has posted.

I now post in T-Nation \and one other BB forum which I wont mention as i post under the same user name.. Dont need you drama queens following me there for the same old bullshit..

That wouldnt happen to UGBodybuilding would it??

Dont think anybody will be following you there mate - good riddance.