Dusting off the olde bikini

Flamer

That's a good appourch for the Dunedin show by getting there by using high water or hell

Of the two available options, I think high water would be most likely, don't you?

http://www.gymnation.co.nz/sites/default/files/user_uploads/user-87184/images/flamer_gondola.jpg

Oh but that Dunedin water would be so chilllllly, better not capsize! Hahahahaha

• 4 weeks later...

So, South Island Champs last weekend and I placed 2nd, which I not entirely happy with.  I believe, along with many others, I should of won my class.  However, judges decision is final, so c'est la vie.  Better luck next year I guess.  The only positive I can take from it is that I don't feel obilged to now go do Nationals.  As it stands I am still in the Novice Figure class.  If I went to Nationals and placed I'd have to move into the Open class.  So, no point in Nationals.  I am evaluating whether I belong in the Figure class, or whether potentially the judges are trying to tell me I would be better suited to Physique.

post-88435-14166840404129_thumb.jpg

post-88435-1416684040455_thumb.jpg

post-88435-14166840405846_thumb.jpg

post-88435-14166840406233_thumb.jpg

Awesome Flamer. Clapping

You have done really well, l think you would do well in either category.

What is it u think the judges are trying to tell you, and why do u think that?

It seems to me they are rewarding the smaller girls.  Having more muscle doesn't appear to be yeilding the results I'm after.  So, maybe they would prefer to see me in Physique.  They definitely are not rewarding size.

Great result, sorry you didn't get the first place you were after! You're right you have the biggest upper body there by far, and you look the leanest - which I thought NABBA were hell bent on rewarding? 

Some of it surely must come down to just judges preference, right? Was there anything else that maybe contributed? like posing - or routine (not sure if routine still contributes at all for figure). 

Personally l think physique is a better class to compete in, at least with muscle condition you will have a heslthier metabolism.

New Zealand judging has yet to catch up with international standards look at the Olympia thr figure girls were big and cut.

I think you woyld do well in physique and it would be healthier for you in the long run.

Well done

in watching the olympia in the weekend i saw the figue class, during that the comentators gave a very good run down on what the judges are looking for and the differences between the divisons.

One of the commentators had written a book about it that was referenced several times.

Yes i know it's ifbb .......

have a mate who is a judge, he made a comment in general a while back, I'll Pm you that. 

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your placing, Flamer, but you look good. I can't really see enough detail in the photos to form an opinion on the rightness or wrongness of the judging. You should definitely be proud of what you presented on stage though.

I'm no expert here, but I wouldn't have thought your shape would be better in a Physique class at all - definitely Figure IMO.

So, South Island Champs last weekend and I placed 2nd, which I not entirely happy with.  I believe, along with many others, I should of won my class.  However, judges decision is final, so c'est la vie.  Better luck next year I guess.  The only positive I can take from it is that I don't feel obilged to now go do Nationals.  As it stands I am still in the Novice Figure class.  If I went to Nationals and placed I'd have to move into the Open class.  So, no point in Nationals.  I am evaluating whether I belong in the Figure class, or whether potentially the judges are trying to tell me I would be better suited to Physique.

You're not physique, all you need to do is lose some body-fat.. If you are considering physique you should look at the likes of Lisa Bailey, Kaye Oneil, Jo Stuart, Naera Johnson etc to see if you compare..

You're not physique, all you need to do is lose some body-fat.. If you are considering physique you should look at the likes of Lisa Bailey, Kaye Oneil, Jo Stuart, Naera Johnson etc to see if you compare..

Or De Thin who won the Dundedin show (amazing physique!)

But if she wants to work on gaining muscle and move up to physique at some stage that is super cool too!