Dusting off the olde bikini

Flamer

So, thought I'd dust off a bikini or 2 and head back to the stage.  Just under 3 weeks to go.  Main issue at this point is ab cramping.  Bend down to pat the dog and then spend the next 5 min leaning backwards trying to up cramp them!  May start another topic on that.  Not suffering too much with diet.  Everything I am craving will still be there in 4 weeks time.  So, for now it's suck it up cupcake time.

Photos aren't the best, I have the worlds best technophobe bestie!  

post-1257-14190332812256_thumb.jpg

post-1257-14190332812413_thumb.jpg

post-1257-14190332812566_thumb.jpg

I am not having any issues with my abs cramping  as a get closer to the pan pacific champs in Auckland . Perhaps see tell your trainer about having your abs cramping up. Having said good luck on your comp in a few weeks time.

Not bad at all, Flamer!

Re the cramping - have you tried bananas? They're high in potassium, a lack of which can cause cramping. Or possibly taurine might be another one to look into.

Or some (sugar free) electrolyte powder. From a sports shop, or powerade zero contain all that good stuff. 

nice back / legs!

Thank you, some hard work has gone into that back.  Photo prob doesn't do it justice. Legs are a by-product of cycling.

Not bad at all, Flamer!

Re the cramping - have you tried bananas? They're high in potassium, a lack of which can cause cramping. Or possibly taurine might be another one to look into.

Thanks Pseu.  Bananas kind of off the current diet list, but might just track down some Potassium. Got a feeling I've tried Taurine before, but had trouble finding anything with high enough doses in it.

Not bad at all, Flamer!

Or some (sugar free) electrolyte powder. From a sports shop, or powerade zero contain all that good stuff. 

I'm going to have a closer look at the ingredients in my pre/intra workout supp, as I thought it should cover electrolytes.

Magnesium supplement l think

Nice photos by the way, should tidy up very nicely in the next 3 weeks.

I take ZMA every night before bed, but maybe need more?

Those photos almost make me cringe.  I don't know if it's the angle, the lighting or my screen, but, certainly not a true reflection on how I'm actually looking.

Although - I had just finished a gruelling full hour of posing practice and my quads were KILLING me.  Lower back was also feeling it.  More practice needed.

• 4 weeks later...

So, NABBA Auckland Champs and Christchurch Classic done & dusted.  Will try post up some pics.  What have I learnt:

- back to back comps are really hard.  My thinking was once you've got to the stage it's not so hard to hold for a week.  I've since changed my opinion.

- I need to come in leaner.  I have the size advantage, but need to be about 2kg leaner to grab a first place (I was 2nd at Auckland and #rd at Christchurch).

In the positives bucket, I haven't suffered the cramping that plagued my 2008 season.  My tanning is good and my posing appears to be also good.  So, I believe I now have a well cemented base to work from for Dunedin.  7 and half weeks to show day.

• 3 weeks later...

So, all had been shaping up quite nicely for Dunedin Champs on Sept 20th.  I emphasis HAD.  Weight coming down nicely and on target to be where I want to be, but, I've picked up an injury.

Not quite tennis elbow on my right, but heading there according to physio.  I stopped counting after needle number 8...."You'll be a bit sore" she said.  If by 'a bit' she meant from finger tips to collar bone in agony she was right.  Marginally better today with a few rehab exercises to to.  Still, I'm grateful to have a physio that understands what I do and that I need to get better QUICKLY.

They say what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger - really hoping there is some truth in it.  With 3 and a little bit weeks to go and limited pressing movements achievable without pain I'm going to have to get creative.

Also, had a return of the dreaded cramps.  More Taurine, magnesium and salt - to cover all bases.  Appears to have fixed the issue and I'm hoping it won't return.

Eeek hope your elbow feels better! Who do you use for physio in Dunners? 

Thanks Dinahlady.  Physio Performance on Broadway. Been going there for a few years for various injuries.  Girl I have this last couple time is from Ireland, Laura. Very knowledgable and through.

Gee Flamer take care, sounds a bit horrendous "8" needles!

Cramps are also annoying, good that the mix of minerals sorts it out.

I am sure you can get to Dunedin Show one way or another just as you say get creative.

They are only little, but with being so lean veins are on the surface, so there is also a little blood!

yes, have learnt to get on top of cramps ASAP 

Dunedin show = will get there come hell or high water.