Gyzzbrah mentoring thread

AZIDE

Ok guys, while gyzzbrah might seem like an annoying racist faggot he has reached out to me via PM and while he will probably be embarrased by this at first its whats good for him and he can just fucking deal with it. I know he needs the help of a strong male role model and i am happy to help him out, which i will if he accepts it, lets be honest here - theres a fuckload of work to do and i just dont have the time to do it all myself.

He's a young guy, 15 years old i think, and seems keen on lifting and improving his lifts which im sure almost everyone who posts here is too. Hes finally posted pics which is a good start. But without guidance hes definately gonna f*ck it all up. I googled who 'Jason Blaha' is (gyzzbrah is currently following him and using his training style-see gyzzbrah's journal) and FFS its some weak bald old man who has no life and wastes his time stirring shit on the internet.

Anyway this young guy is in his formative years and from his posts and PMs to me its obvious he needs not only lifting and nutrition guidance (which to his credit he has asked for), but also just general advice and guidance through what is obviously a challenging time in his life exacerbated by his body undergong changes as it tries to prepare itself for sexual reproduction capability.

I am proposing an ongoing loosly structured mentoring program where people on the forum take him to the gym and shit and just do normal guy stuff with him like take him fishing or to the zoo or whatever. I know theres not many girls on here but I think it would be benificial for his development to have at least one female mentor who he can ask questions about what girls like and stuff and just hang out with on say a monthly basis to get used to talking to girls more, because that shit can be quite daunting for someone without heaps of confinednce at his age.

To kick this off im offering to take him to the gym with me whatever night suits him this week/weekend. ill pay for him obviously, and yes Gyzzbrah i will pick you up from your house or wherever the f*ck you live (and drop you off) just dont leave fucking rubbish in my car or damage the interior.

I know some people will think this is a joke but im srs. If he turns out to be a fucking homo (figuratively not literally, if he likes the d idgaf) obviously i will cease my involvement in the program, but i have high (74%) hopes that he will actually be an ok guy and at with our help we can build him a good physique and give him all the confidence he needs to live a happy existance doing normal non-weird shit like smashing box at least weekly and going to parties and getting fucked up on random pills and just generally having a sick time and not doing weird shit like staying up late at night on 4chan /b/ or whtever th f*ck he does currently.

So will any of you cunts join me. like i said i need all the help i can get on this one. pseudonym..you in?

Awwww that is sooooo cute, will you tuck him in at night when read him a bed time story when he's scared?

Haha nah this is actually pretty cool of you, I was going to do the same thing for some troubled kids/mentor thing with MIT but due to work I didn't have enough spare hours

teach him how to do this plz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKfFWcLCLJw

AZIDE said:
weird shit like staying up late at night

Yeah. Who does that?

pseudonym..you in?

That depends... which park would you take me to? Does it have swings?

Seriously though, if anyone is interested in this goodness, check out Brother In Arms. We've supported them a bit in the past...

http://www.gymnation.co.nz/forums/topic/9924-brothers-in-arms-training-partners-wanted/

This thread warms my heart. Can i sign up? You should register yourself as a charity to receive tax benefits. 

But seriously i wish i had someone to give me advice when i started training as i didnt have a fucking clue, and still dont with my excel spreadsheet program haha.

Inb4 gyzzbrah is on gear

This thread warms my heart. Can i sign up? You should register yourself as a charity to receive tax benefits. 

But seriously i wish i had someone to give me advice when i started training as i didnt have a fucking clue, and still dont with my excel spreadsheet program haha.

Inb4 gyzzbrah is on gear

If you and I lived in the the same city i would definately be starting a mentoring thread for you too. i think terrymundo would be keen to mentor you though if you get fucking desperate

Im honored, but i think ill get there.

wana get there faster?

Faster is good. What sort of stack do i need?

But isnt the 5/3/1 pretty solid for long term gains. Should hit a session sometime though even though your warm up will be greater than my top set.

lol stack? stack of pancakes is a good place to start. For all the times I set a new PB i would say half have been without any chemical assistance, and I can maintain my strength off cycle too (off cycle=200mg test a week*mosking*)

5/3/1 is a very basic template for beginners in my opinion. My old mentor preached about the importance of building a base from which power can be derived and he created many monsters. My programme keeps the 3 lifts as my core focus and I use alot of hypertrophy work to build size and stability for my lifts. Each of your 3 lifts will have a weakness and you need to focus on those weekness to bring up the lift for me my post terrior chain is weaker than my quads thats why I focus alot of hypertrophy on my hamstrings and glutes to bring up my squat. Plus who dosn't want to be a swole keeent??? I  would rather look like I bench 200kg and only bench 100 than look like I can only bench 100 but can bench 200.

Yeah man hit me up, im sure we can puff some form issues and get you moving bic boi weights in no times

Faster is good. What sort of stack do i need?

But isnt the 5/3/1 pretty solid for long term gains. Should hit a session sometime though even though your warm up will be greater than my top set.

lol stack? stack of pancakes is a good place to start. For all the times I set a new PB i would say half have been without any chemical assistance, and I can maintain my strength off cycle too (off cycle=200mg test a weekMosking)

5/3/1 is a very basic template for beginners in my opinion. My old mentor preached about the importance of building a base from which power can be derived and he created many monsters. My programme keeps the 3 lifts as my core focus and I use alot of hypertrophy work to build size and stability for my lifts. Each of your 3 lifts will have a weakness and you need to focus on those weekness to bring up the lift for me my post terrior chain is weaker than my quads thats why I focus alot of hypertrophy on my hamstrings and glutes to bring up my squat. Plus who dosn't want to be a swole keeent??? I  would rather look like I bench 200kg and only bench 100 than look like I can only bench 100 but can bench 200.

Yeah man hit me up, im sure we can puff some form issues and get you moving bic boi weights in no times

That pretty good to know, would like to hit some decent number with assistance first.

5/3/1 being basic would be beneficial at this stage for me and gyzzbrah (got include OP for less thread jacking) because we are only beginners. And what you said is really what i have been doing with my accessory movements, front squats twice a week for example because my quads are weak. Hyperthrophy has been in isolation movements like leg extension and leg curls which might not be so ideal compared to doing 5x10 back squats.

Will flick you a text sometime but wont be until after next thrusday as i have exams until then.

currently waiting for his response. he's being all emo and shit though

You can't fault the guy for being a little nervous and taking his time to respond. You have to admit, it's fucking impossible to tell if you're serious or taking the piss most of the time (and most of the time you ARE taking the piss).

But responding to your question ... I wouldn't do it .. I know f*ck all, and need a mentor of my own so I'm no help here.

Hey Spacebound :) glad to see another lil noob like me lol.

Intresting to see what you'r doing with the accessory work. How u gaining m8? One big change I made to my assistance work is I emphasised on progression more, so e.g before I would do pullups, dips, etc for my assistance work, but now I made and excel spreadsheet with all my main lifts and accessory work and try to just smash my week points while making week to week progress :)

What does the Dolphin Pod have to say about it terry? will that help me make more gains.

Also spacebound, my schoool has mid year exams too. R u gonna study for it or nah?

Hey Spacebound Smile glad to see another lil noob like me lol.

Intresting to see what you'r doing with the accessory work. How u gaining m8? One big change I made to my assistance work is I emphasised on progression more, so e.g before I would do pullups, dips, etc for my assistance work, but now I made and excel spreadsheet with all my main lifts and accessory work and try to just smash my week points while making week to week progress Smile

What does the Dolphin Pod have to say about it terry? will that help me make more gains.

Also spacebound, my schoool has mid year exams too. R u gonna study for it or nah?

Cant comment on gains at the moment, seeing as the first cycle is just really a build up. But feeling strong. Just gotta be consistant with eating and shit and play the waiting game.

Trying to be smart with accessory work but it's really guess work at the moment. So im not one to be giving advice haha

Yeah gotta study, I'm second year Bcom so passing is a priority. And some of the material is pretty complex. 

Sickening! Lol I asumed you were still in secondary, but still, Im actually keen on doing Bcom once I leave school. How's that going btw, think ya could give a lil kiddo like me some advice on uni lol ;) By the way, how much free time do you guys have in uni, like apparently it's chill as f*ck. Would you recomend taking a gap year of partying and fucking around be Ideal? cuz mom says i'll "lose track"

Sickening! Lol I asumed you were still in secondary, but still, Im actually keen on doing Bcom once I leave school. How's that going btw, think ya could give a lil kiddo like me some advice on uni lol ;) By the way, how much free time do you guys have in uni, like apparently it's chill as f*ck. Would you recomend taking a gap year of partying and fucking around be Ideal? cuz mom says i'll "lose track"

Dont do a gap year unless you plan on going overseas to travel. Working a shitty job is shit (that is what i did). Going straight into study is the best idea IMO. 

Im at a polytec but same course as uni and its pretty chill, heaps of free time. Tertiary study is way better than secondary, the tutors are way better and actually treat you like an adult. I did accounting and eco all through school so its not to hard for me. Tbh ive got a bit of free time but when its crunch time, ie before exams i gets pretty busy. 

Pics of mom pls.

what exactly are you refering to?

Um just the programming Im using for accessory work.

Day 1: Upper Power

- 531 Bench and Press

- Accessory work: Dips/ CG Press, Rows, Shrugs, Rear Delt work, Tricep Work. situps

Day 2: Lower Power

- 531 Squat and Deads

- Leg Curls, Deadlift Hypers (w/ Dumbells), Chins, Glut Bridges (stopped cuz akward) situps.

Day 3: Lower

- Pause squats

- Drop weight on pause squat do 5 sets for 5 as backoff, Leg Press, Leg Curls, Leg Extensions with a 40 + rep dropset at the end for a sick pump

Day 4: Upper

Pause Bench

- Shrugs, Dumbell Press, Rows, Machine Flies, Lat Pulldowns, Dumbel Rows, couple of exersises for Bis and Tries at the end.

Notes:

- 531 usually says add 5-2.5 kgs every month. However, as I only been lifting for a year prior, I feel that I can add way more so I add like 10 kg's a month. Reason why I like 531 as my system of progression over, say straight sets of 5x5, is because I enjoy having my numbers laid out for me and as candito says, psycological play's a large part, it is a training variable.

- Abb work, Fixing my hamstring weakness and stretching is helping my squat a LOT.

- For rest days, I usually train every other day as I feel I can Recover better

- My deloads follow the 531 protocol of deloading

Yeah ok, lets see.

Firstly,

I would focus on each lift once a week and I would not do two big lifts in the same workout, give them each full focus.

2nd
Do your 5/3/1 on the focused lift i.e bench, then move in more isolated movements targeting the muscle groups assiociated with the particular lift of the day (I will provide my template below). On the accesory work don't get to caught up in the weight you lift save that for the big lifts. Focus on getting a good stretch and contraction in the targeted muscle whilst keep constant tension on from start to finish. I would focus on 10reps to start with on each exercise, the weight should be so that can complete the 10th rep with strict form but you would fail on the 11th, so 1 rep away from failure. It may take some time to gauge but you will get there. keep rest times to mimimum you should be able to maintain a pump.

3rd
Cardio
even when bulking, cardio is important to keep up your workout intensity. I personally like 40minutes or 10minutes HIIT whatever you like. Maybe do this once or twice a week.

Rough workout template.

Monday:

Bench 5/3/1

incline dumbell 3 sets of 10

machine press 3 sets of 10

dumbell flys 3 sets of 10

Skull Crushers 3 sets of 10

Tricep extensions 3 sets of 10

Tuesday:

Squat 5/3/1

Hack squat 3 sets

leg press 3 sets 

Lunges 3 sets 10reps each leg

Leg extensions 3 sets

wedesday: cardio

thursday:
Over head press 5/3/1

Dumbell shoulder press 3 sets

machine shoulder press 3 sets

front raises 

side raises

Friday:
5/3/1 deads

Straighted legged deadlifts 3 sets

hamstring curls 3 sets

Lat pull downs or pullup (if you can get 10 reps)

barbell rows 

EZ bar biceps curls 3 sets

Saturday: cardio

Sunday: rest

• 1 month later...