BCAA question and info please

Beez

Hey all

I have a noob question here in regards to BCAA's. 

I have been given a new tub on Aminomorph from a mate but I don't know much about BCAA's. Is it worth while in using this, when do I take it and how often?  Sorry about the noob question. The only supplement I have ever used is whey.

cheers for help. Beez

I'm currently using the Gaspari Aminolast durying my workout. Says 10g BCAA's

Call it mucle fuel, should give you a bit of an up feeling, strength, indurance. A bit like pluging your phone in the charger while in the car.

Probably the second most widely used suppliment to protien powders. 

I've never used a bcaa supplement, I always have used a quality whey, most contain approx 5.5 bcaas per serving of whey, I normally have 2-3 depending on my daily macros, so im getting between 11-16.5 bcaas a day from my whey,so personally I don't think the extra cost is worth it, I know a lot of peeps get carried away with supps, I just take a good whey, creatine and a good multi. Each too their own! :)

What are we - google?

I have omitted or bracketed the words that you dont need to understand to understand what an aa or bcaa is. 

Proteins (are large biological molecules, or macromolecules,) consisting of one or more long chains of amino acid (residues)

Proteins are essential nutrients for the human body. As a fuel, proteins contain 4 kcal per gram, just like carbohydrates and unlikelipids, which contain 9 kcal per gram.

Proteins are (polymer) chains made of amino acids linked together (by peptide bonds). During human digestion, proteins are broken down in the stomach to smaller polypeptide chains (via hydrochloric acid and proteaseactions). This is crucial for the synthesis of the essential amino acids that cannot be biosynthesized by the body.

branched-chain amino acid (BCAA) is an amino acid (having aliphatic side-chains) with a branch (a carbon atom bound to more than two other carbon atoms).  there are three BCAAs: leucineisoleucine and valine.

The BCAAs are among the nine essential amino acids for humans, accounting for 35% of the essential amino acids in muscle proteins and 40% of the preformed amino acids required by mammals.

From the great sources: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_(nutrient'>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_(nutrient)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branched-chain_amino_acid

People usually take them before or during a workout or cardio. Can also be taken any time as the are basically protein but in smaller chunks. 

or alternatively 

http://videos.bodybuilding.com/video/71992/Site-Guides-BCAA

Hey all

I have a noob question here in regards to BCAA's. 

I have been given a new tub on Aminomorph from a mate but I don't know much about BCAA's. Is it worth while in using this, when do I take it and how often?  Sorry about the noob question. The only supplement I have ever used is whey.

cheers for help. Beez

There has been much debate about BCAA, especially leucine, been responsible for stimulating protein synthesis. But without the other amino acids being present in their correct ratios, BCAA won't really do shite..!!

Call it mucle fuel, should give you a bit of an up feeling, strength, indurance. A bit like pluging your phone in the charger while in the car.

Da f#ck? Pls explain the 'up feeling' you get from plugging your phone into a car charger? That some fetish shit??

Yeah so I don't think that was BCAAs in that tub eh

Inb4 capping BCAA-party pills

Yeah so I don't think that was BCAAs in that tub eh

Inb4 capping BCAA-party pills

I've been finding glass pipes with Aminolast tubs all over the place lately......

C'mon kiddies not even the hardest supplement pimping marketer could claim you can feel BCAA's working.....

This one time I took creatine I felt really angry for some reason as soon as I took it. Ended up killing 7 people

Must be be that proprietary blend ;)

But on topic, I don't see supplementing bcaa necessary at all. Maybe if I was a millionaire id buy some powdered shit so I could have a nice drink to sip in between my sets like the fagit I am.

Aminos are just the building blocks of proteins, they digest quicker and specific amino acids may be responsible for for triggering protein synthesis. It is important that you get essential amino acids from your diet as your body cannot synthesize them de novo.

ingesting 20g of essential amino acids prior to training augments protein synthesis but whether this has any real effect on body composition is unclear. If you are consuming protein post workout then there isn't much point in taking aminos also but they can be used to complement meals to boost protein content. No point in sipping them all day either as they have more of an effect given as a bolus. They aren't anti-catabolic, they're anabolic.

You only need Leucine, 

Valine does nothing for protein synth

Isoleucine increases glucose uptake in muscles and respectively reduces blood glucose but does nothing for protein synth. In theory this is perfect for cutting/workouts but the dosages required to compare with study is around 40g/200lb bber needs more research

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16140883 (in vivo study)

BCAAs are kinda useless in bulk mode on wake up and intra they have merit since they are absorbed extremely fast and don't need to be digested, useful for timing CJC1295 shots due to short half life of an hour and purity. 

cutting w Leucine + HMB a much better option than BCAAs theoretically (intra workout)